Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Chandler Burr Untitled S01E06

We are off and running again !

https://opensky.com/chandlerburr/pro...-series-s01e06

Looks like Chandler has chosen to keep his impressions to a minimum this time, which is a fair strategy I think.

Will this fragrance have the punch to stand up to winter's cold, even though it's apparently good for summer as well ?

"Rich" he says, so perhaps it will.

Default Re: Chandler Burr Untitled S01E06

It will be interesting to see just what Santa's Elf Chandler sends us for holiday wear. I was especially happy that the launch coincided with my $12 discount and free shipping.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Addict View Post
    It will be interesting to see just what Santa's Elf Chandler sends us for holiday wear. I was especially happy that the launch coincided with my $12 discount and free shipping.
    Me too - the 12 off and free shipping made this an easy choice.

Good to see you and Birdboy back in the game!

I have to give the Untitled Series (and all the conversation around it) credit for reigniting my interest in trying new perfumes. During the break, I ordered about 20 samples to try.

Basenotes Institution

Glad to hear that 06 is rich -- as opposed to spineless as before -- and I will be following the discussion with interest. I realize that "rich" for me and him can be different, though!

Banned

Can I get a summary of the first five? Is there a thread or website with that information?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    Can I get a summary of the first five? Is there a thread or website with that information?
    Click on our group (see my siggy) and you'll see threads with all information on each episode. hth

I wish I could join but I doubt even if I asked someone to buy it for me, it would get here in time with all the X-mas fever. Looking forward to the discussion and the reveal though.
    Last edited by Irina; 4th December 2012 at 04:22 PM.
    @SomethingSmelly

Basenotes Institution

Out of the young(er) noses going rich I think of Daniel Maurel, Cecile Zarokian and Karine Vichon-Spehner, but CB kept saying "he". We'll see, as soon as you guys start telling what you smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    I realize that "rich" for me and him can be different, though!
    Yep, I'm not expecting it to be anything from Slumberhouse. None the less, I do expect it to trend in that direction compared to the earlier offerings, so that will be interesting in itself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Irina View Post
    Click on our group (see my siggy) and you'll see threads with all information on each episode. hth

I wish I could join but I doubt even if I asked someone to buy it for me, it would get here in time with all the X-mas fever. Looking forward to the discussion and the reveal though.

Can you post the frag names in addition to the links? tx.

Blog Entries

I have to give the Untitled Series (and all the conversation around it) credit for reigniting my interest in trying new perfumes. During the break, I ordered about 20 samples to try.
    Very cool!

Glad to hear that 06 is rich -- as opposed to spineless as before -- and I will be following the discussion with interest. I realize that "rich" for me and him can be different, though!
    Even a cartilaginous vertebrate would be welcome at this point!

Who knows - perhaps it will have some real teeth!

Perhaps there's somebody doing some holiday traveling across the pond. I'll keep watching for any possibility for a hand-off!

Out of the young(er) noses going rich I think of Daniel Maurel, Cecile Zarokian and Karine Vichon-Spehner, but CB kept saying "he". We'll see, as soon as you guys start telling what you smell.
    Mmmmmmmm! With possibilities like that, this could be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Yep, I'm not expecting it to be anything from Slumberhouse. None the less, I do expect it to trend in that direction compared to the earlier offerings, so that will be interesting in itself.
    What? Olfactory jazz? In the Arthur M. Bigboy and Ruth McNiche Conservatory of Olfactory Music?

*gasps / faints / snores*

Half of me would love it, but half would prefer Chandler to treat Josh as an Amazonian native, to be studied with care and respect, but never to be disturbed by those of us living in Aquatica and Fleuyrup.

Blog Entries

I'm in and am looking forward to what Chandler has in store for us.

I heartily approve of the much condensed description. It will be interesting to see how our discussion is different without so much verbal packaging.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    ...but half would prefer Chandler to treat Josh as an Amazonian native, to be studied with care and respect, but never to be disturbed by those of us living in Aquatica and Fleuyrup.
    Yep, so far Chandler has preferred to hang out with the sleek, hygienic and well-attired. I'll be surprised if he ever gets down in the dirt, or out too far past the fences where the light's not good. But...you never can tell.
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 5th December 2012 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Yep, so far Chandler has preferred to hang out with the sleek, hygienic and well-attired. I'll be surprised if he ever gets down in the dirt, or out too far past the fences where the light's not good. But...you never can tell.
    Bwahahahahaha! Perfectly said. Given the price and the fact that it took Open Sky three weeks to send me the 'fume last go round, I won't be playing this time. But I look forward to reading what you all have to say about it.

I'm out too. $50 is too spendy for me. I'll just have to listen to what everyone else says.
    Last edited by Babsvs; 11th December 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Is anyone receiving anything yet? Please post your sniffing experiences, OK?

I just checked my delivery status, and UPS says my bottle will arrive on Saturday, 12/15.

- - - Updated - - -

Well UPS was wrong - my S01E06 arrived today! I was already well-scented with Chanel Coco, so I can't get a complete take on it yet, but my initial impression is orange and musk. I absolutely agree with Chandler's description that it emanates light. Anyone hoping to get down and dirty is going to be disappointed; this is a well-mannered fragrance (unless musk is your idea of raunchy). I'm not picking up on the "rich" aspect yet, but as I said I can't do more than a quick sniff against the backdrop of Coco. More impressions tomorrow.

Blog Entries

I just checked my delivery status, and UPS says my bottle will arrive on Saturday, 12/15.

- - - Updated - - -

Well UPS was wrong - my S01E06 arrived today! I was already well-scented with Chanel Coco, so I can't get a complete take on it yet, but my initial impression is orange and musk. I absolutely agree with Chandler's description that it emanates light. Anyone hoping to get down and dirty is going to be disappointed; this is a well-mannered fragrance (unless musk is your idea of raunchy). I'm not picking up on the "rich" aspect yet, but as I said I can't do more than a quick sniff against the backdrop of Coco. More impressions tomorrow.
    Thanks for this!!!

I have been playing since S01E02 and avidly lurking here to find out what others are thinking. Got S01E06 today. I'm smelling pineapple and coconut. Anyone else get their bottle today?

I'm not playing this round, but I look forward to hearing everyone's impressions.
    The question that women casually shopping for perfume ask more than any other is this: "What scent drives men wild?" After years of intense research, we know the definitive answer. It is bacon. Now, on to the far more interesting subject of perfume.
    ― Tania Sanchez, Perfumes: The Guide

I don't smell anything that overtly smells like pineapple and coconut, but I might be missing that. There is something warm and tangy in S01E06, but I'm having trouble teasing out individual notes. I'm disappointed in the longevity/sillage. The scent seems to smell different up-close than at a distance. That's not to say I don't like it - I do. It felt very cheery on a cold and wet December Saturday.

Blog Entries

I got my bottle and wore it today. Not smelling any coconut or pineapple either. It is very similar to several scents that I have, so as you can guess, I like this one a lot. I detect several components, but I'm going to think about it before I shoot off my mouth about what I think is in it. I already thought it was three different fragrances, only to realize that it's probably not any of them. This may be new in my wardrobe. If it is one of the ones I was thinking, then there's been a reformulation.

This is, IMO, a more substantial scent. No knuckles are dragging, and no little black dresses are slinking, but it's more earthy and full-bodied than the previous five, so bravo for that.

I will enjoy wearing this!

PS - I finally saw the Art of Scent exhibit! It's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I got my bottle and wore it today. Not smelling any coconut or pineapple either. It is very similar to several scents that I have, so as you can guess, I like this one a lot. I detect several components, but I'm going to think about it before I shoot off my mouth about what I think is in it. I already thought it was three different fragrances, only to realize that it's probably not any of them. This may be new in my wardrobe. If it is one of the ones I was thinking, then there's been a reformulation.

This is, IMO, a more substantial scent. No knuckles are dragging, and no little black dresses are slinking, but it's more earthy and full-bodied than the previous five, so bravo for that.

I will enjoy wearing this!

PS - I finally saw the Art of Scent exhibit! It's great!
    IMO L'Etrog has more presence than S01E06, but I'll agree with your assessment that this is more earthy. I'm interested in how you perceive this - its overall character and what it says to you.

Basenotes Institution

What grounds them oranges in 06, besides musk? Woods, roots, fuzziness, animalic warmth?

Let's take oranges that everybody knows -- Terre d'Hermes -- and compare them to 06. Any resemblance? Or, take another Orange Hermes -- any, basically -- Orange Vert or Merveilles in any form -- and please compare them with 06.

How is the throw? Does 06 last at all?
    Last edited by Twolf; 19th December 2012 at 02:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Here's what Chandler said:

Our holiday Untitled Series S01E06 is just perfect. There is a quality to it that's very holidays. Its beauty is very rich, and it emanates light, embraces you and holds you. I think it is the most perfect holiday scent although it can be worn all year round and in the summer. It is the creation from a young perfumer who is one of the most talented, innovative and creative olfactory artists out there. His work is terrific - it is one of the most solidly structured, overtly luxurious, beautiful works of olfactory art I know.
    I'm going to use ROT13 to remove the antichandlerian spoilers (a.k.a. "notes").

The first thing I noticed is that this is definitely a irgvire fragrance. The rich beauty and the embracing/holding quality seem to come from a combination of irgvire and gbaxn. In fact, I almost thought that this was the well-known favorite, Irgvire Gbaxn. I verified that it is not. But it's definitely earthy and smoky and warm, in the same way. It is also similar to other irgvire fragrances in my collection.

I agree that it can be worn year-round, but it is particularly nice right now.

I agree that it is solidly structured, in that the notes blend together very nicely and lose their individual form. If I sniff it up close on skin, it just keeps going and going and going. Very warm and toasty. I would say that it's masculine, for sure.

I don't get a lot of benatr per se. I do get some. Definitely not as much as in Greer qUrezrf. I do get zhfx in the drydown, and even in the opening, when it warms up the irgvire and gbaxn/inavyyn.

In some ways, as it dries down, it passes through a toasty gourmandish phase - roasted chestnuts? It leaves an excellent skin scent as well.

Because of the similarities to the highly respected Irgvire Gbaxn, but being in some ways even better, I have to concur with Chandler that this is a great fragrance and that the young perfumer must be a bit of a rock star!

Basenotes Institution

Great description, EAC (ROT13)! Could you please compare it with Lalique Encre Noire Men then? Any similarities besides that fuzzy rooty note? Knowing CB, I realize it is all not that simple, with chestnuts roasting and other million peculiarities.

Overall, we are getting some sort of (sweet) citrus on top, masculine wood and roots in the development, and fuzzy warm enveloping almost vanillic but not sweet drydown, right?

Anything from PG that comes to mind?

Also, how about Francis Camail for Bond No.9 (also known for sweet and not so sweet citruses for Annick Goutal)?

And then again, there is always Ralph Schwieger (not only for Hermes with Merveilles).
    Last edited by Twolf; 20th December 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Just a chuckle, when I think perfumer + rockstar I think Puevfgbcur Ynhqnzvry

Maybe Obfdhr?
    @SomethingSmelly

Basenotes Institution

He is rather fitting, I agree. Obfdhr is too happy, too light, too crisp, too colognesque. Ask SoS, he should know for certain.

What color is the liquid in 06?
    Last edited by Twolf; 20th December 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Does this help?

Blog Entries

Great description, EAC (ROT13)! Could you please compare it with Lalique Encre Noire Men then? Any similarities besides that fuzzy rooty note? Knowing CB, I realize it is all not that simple, with chestnuts roasting and other million peculiarities.

Overall, we are getting some sort of (sweet) citrus on top, masculine wood and roots in the development, and fuzzy warm enveloping almost vanillic but not sweet drydown, right?

Anything from PG that comes to mind?

Also, how about Francis Camail for Bond No.9 (also known for sweet and not so sweet citruses for Annick Goutal)?

And then again, there is always Ralph Schwieger (not only for Hermes with Merveilles).
    Encre Noire (Men) was actually what I thought it was at first, but when I checked against a sample (admittedly an old one) I discovered that they're different, and I like Chandler's fragrance better! I had been on the fence about Encre Noire for a long time, actually. S01E06 is smoother, glossier, less chalky, and brighter. But the vetiver is definitely a big player in both.

Your overall description is very good!

Not totally sure about your two suggestions, there, but could be.

Just a chuckle, when I think perfumer + rockstar I think Puevfgbcur Ynhqnzvry

Maybe Obfdhr?
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was Puevfgbcur Ynhqnzvry. He's got Chandler fave written all over him!

He is rather fitting, I agree. Obfdhr is too happy, too light, too crisp, too colognesque. Ask SoS, he should know for certain.

What color is the liquid in 06?
    Obfdhr seems close, but I agree that it seems too light. Haven't smelled it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinete View Post

Does this help?
    With the light a little lower, it's a bit more yellow, but still fairly light.