Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance for a Young Woman

For Christmas one of the things my sister asked for was a new perfume. Sadly, I don't really know too much about women's perfumes.

She's a 22 young business woman. A few years ago I picked her up Marc Jacobs Daisy which she liked and a few months ago she told me she was wearing VR Flowerbomb. I'm guessing she's a fan of florals.

If anyone could make some recommendations for me to check out based off that, it would be awesome. Also I'm trying to keep it around $40-80. Thanks!
    Expect the unexpected.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrance for a Young Woman

lf she likes rose, l recommend Stella; a modern & sophisticated interpretation of rose. And although l haven't tried it myself, perhaps L.I.L.Y., also by Stella McCartney, might fit the bill.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

My recommendation -- as every year this time of a year -- is to take her out on a spritzing trip to several stores in your area. Sniff as much as you can, speak with SAs, bring home some samples for the both of you, have fun. She WILL find what she likes, in this multitude of fragrances available in CA, I am absolutely positive.

For a light and light-hearted floral, please pay attention to Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege -- youthful lilac scent with fruity undertones, cheerful and care-free. Estee Lauder Pleasures might also fit the bill, with barely there lily of the valley and sweet jasmine.

Aw I'd like to go out and try some with her, sadly she lives in another part of California. We probably won't see each other before Christmas.

Thanks for the recommendations so far, I'll check them out.
    Expect the unexpected.

Basenotes Plus

Agree with the recommendations already given, you could also try Prada Candy or the new Miss Dior Le Parfum 2012 (not the old one).

Quote Originally Posted by Firemave View Post
    Aw I'd like to go out and try some with her, sadly she lives in another part of California. We probably won't see each other before Christmas.
    Could you do something like get her a little present, along with a "voucher" for you to take her perfume shopping and buy her one? That way she would still have something to open at Christmas, and you would still to get to go shopping for it together. My brother took me perfume shopping (for my first bottle of "real" perfume"), and it was great. It was really lovely to go shopping for it together - he got really into it, and encouraged me to try some things I might not have. In the end I got Flowerbomb, which I'd been wanting for years, and although I no longer like it as much as I used to, it's still a special perfume for me

The new Balenciaga Florabotanica comes to mind. It is lovely and it's stunning bottle design makes it a good gift too.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    The new Balenciaga Florabotanica comes to mind. It is lovely and it's stunning bottle design makes it a good gift too.
    Great recommendation.

I bought this for my GF when it first came out. They only had the 1.7-oz. bottles at the time. Needless to say, she went through it in no time at all, so bought her the large bottle. Wish they made in in a 500ml Flacon, because that would be just enough for her.

The other recommendation I would make, is Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir.