Code of Conduct

Default longevity - are we blaming a house for olfactory fatigue from strong projection?

So earlier today, I had tried out some newly purchased Creed Aventus. Lo and behold, around 4 hours I was smelling nothing (as people frequently complain about with Creed).

Rather than dismissing the fragrance as short lived as I usually would, I went nose-first into a cup of coffee grounds for about 5 minutes to eliminate potential olfactory fatigue. Upon return (and after getting the smell of Folgers out of my nostrils) I was delighted to find that the fragrance was still projecting wonderfully - Almost as strong as the first two hours!

I would like you guys to give this a shot on some of your "low longevity" fragrances and let me know if you find the same with them.

Default Re: longevity - are we blaming a house for olfactory fatigue from strong projection?

5 minutes is a lot of time to spend in a coffee can.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: longevity - are we blaming a house for olfactory fatigue from strong projection?

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I'm imagining doing this at a fragrance counter now, when the ladies hold up the coffee tin...

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    You got that right!

I suppose we could all just complain for hours under the umbrella of "ignorance is bliss" instead, right? Spending 20x that long repeating that certain products dont last, or disregarding an otherwise good product on something that may not be true, seems worth a few minutes. Hell, do it for a minute or two. Do it at home. I did it at home... at least now I'm not discrediting something that should not be discredited. Do we pursue knowledge or just the outward appearance of knowledge?

- - - Updated - - -

Drinking/breathing in the smell of coffee at work seems to be enough to reset as well.