Code of Conduct

Default Luciano by Pavarotti

Has anybody sniffed this please? I bought this blind off ebay (just over a tenner BNIB, no harm done) but I have been unable to find any info about it. There is a Luciano Pavarotti EdT in the BN directory and elsewhere, but the box and bottle are different.

In directory:

Mine:

Anyway I'd love to tell you all what this smells like, but the BNer's nemesis cold virus has struck! All I get is a faint impression of an aromatic fougere. That may be completely wide of the mark though! Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Luciano by Pavarotti

Interesting. I haven't seen this before. I own a bottle of Luciano Pavarotti, and it's a pretty good fragrance, so I'd expect Luciano to be good, too.

According to Perfume Intelligence, Luciano came out in 1999 and is an aromatic masculine fragrance.

Let us hear more after your nose gets back in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    According to Perfume Intelligence, Luciano came out in 1999 and is an aromatic masculine fragrance.

Let us hear more after your nose gets back in shape.

Thanks, I will. Actually now I have checked again there is a fragrance in the BN directory called Luciano from 1999! (Blame viral brain for mistaking it for the feminine perfume when I looked earlier (which is actually designated Donna and is not in the directory)). There is no pic but there is a note breakdown and one positive review from an ex-member (who isn't sure if he is reviewing the correct scent and merely says how strong it is, in a nutshell).

Anyway, it gives notes as:

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Tangerine, Galbanum, Lavender, Tarrogon, Rosemary

Middle Notes
    Nutmeg, Clove, Violet

Base Notes
    Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Tonka Beans, Incense, Musks

No room for the kitchen sink!

The notes seem pleasant enough, but I haven't tried this one.

Whenever I think of Pavarotti, I cannot get out of my mind the image of John Candy as Pavarotti on the old SCTV series, walking around with an entire block of provolone under his arm and carving off chunks of it to eat during interviews.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I've worn this a few times now; it's good but not great. Here's the review which I just added to the tight-wad's queue:

This comes in a green box and spherical-capped bottle and is not to be confused with Pavarotti EdT. An interesting, complex aromatic fougere. It's dry and spicy (mainly nutmeg), sharp and citric, soapy and green, with lots of lavender and a cedar base. Cacharel pour L'Homme meets Paco Rabanne pour Homme, perhaps. Well, almost, but the roll-call of masculine notes is pleasantly softened and sweetened by tonka and musk, and it is much less fierce than either of those two powerhouses; although it is still much more potent than the 1999 vintage would lead one to expect. I get 8 hours from 5 sprays. Nothing revolutionary but worth exploring for fans of old school masculines.

Thanks for letting us know about this one !!!
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Dependent

yeah thanks marais. 1999 might just be the most out-of-fashion year i could think of to release a frag like that. he wasn't exactly a concerned with fashion though.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Thanks for letting us know about this one !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    yeah thanks marais. 1999 might just be the most out-of-fashion year i could think of to release a frag like that. he wasn't exactly a concerned with fashion though.
    Thanks chaps! Yes, it's an odd release for 1999 but I suppose its market consisted of his fans - most of whom would be no spring chickens by then either! Anyway I doubt he had much input into it. He wasn't shy of selling himself as I remember.

To Marais & others curious ...

I recently received one in a swap & to my suprise i got a bottle as pictured in the bottom & was shocked !!
    As i was expecting the one in the directory after having sampled it a few times from a mini & liking it .
    Ok & thats no fault of my good friend from Canada .

but .... i beleive , To clear the confusion on the maestro & the imitator
    The Top one should be called Lucianoi Pavarotti
    & the bottom one should be refered to as Pavarotti Luciano

I have worn it once & found it very interesting from the spritz up but lacking oomph !! sort of undernourished & fading rapidly as it dries down ...
    I will give it another try out in a week or so & report back .
    I did notice it was tagged " Eurocosmesi ... Italy " & made in Republic of San Marino

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post

As i was expecting the one in the directory
    I can see why the mistake was made; yet another daft, confusing similar name allocation!

I found it quite potent enough for me but, as ever, YMMV. Unfortunately I haven't tried the 'Luciano Pavarotti' version but have sent out the elves to search ebay on my behalf!

I only know the first bottling of Pavarotti, but indeed, like the notes of the first one. About the second one however, nothing I can say so far, since as of today, I have never tested nor even seen this.