Code of Conduct

Default Husband had a job interview today and I knew it had to be...

Aventus. LOL! I am officially guilty of starting an Aventus thread lol..I know you guys ain't gettin tired of it or anything, lol.

There wasn't much to choose from, he only has a few scents..but had a little bit of a sample left of Aventus..and I knew that is just an interview scent. It's not cloying or too much..and the woods are classy. I don't really dig the pineapple..but the scent is fitting for an interview I think. It seems to stay really close to the skin..anyone else agree or have that experience? Not to over-hype the scent...as I do think it could be a smidge over-hyped..but there was no question when choosing from the choices. I keep going back and forth on Aventus but for the interview..there was Polo Double Black, Polo Blue, Dirty English, samples of YSL L'Homme, Armani Code, Tdh, Tobacco Vanille and Aventus. Seemed pretty clear to me, to use the rest of the sample of AV. I thought about Tdh but too orange-y maybe, Idk, but then there is the too pineapple-y of AV lol but still seemed like the one to wear with a suit and tie. ((Thanks again Del!)). I have no idea what batch it was, I know nothing of that stuff, lol.

Oh, and he got the job! lol..
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Husband had a job interview today and I knew it had to be...

YAY!!!!

Local I hope? No moving?

No moving!!!! It's been pretty crazy not knowing where you will live, given that he was laid-off almost a month ago and not ever receiving the unemployment we were told he qualified for. We had no idea...looking at different states, checking out the weather..having to up and move..it's been so uncertain. It's for a place he used to work at several years ago..that also laid him off. But he will be back, with a raise.

Feeling blessed!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    It seems to stay really close to the skin..anyone else agree or have that experience?

Oh boy....

Congrats on the job!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes indeed!
    It will be a happier Christmas 2012 now, I think.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!! Congrats & what a relief for both of you. I think he needs a decant of his new *lucky scent* once the 'ol paychecks start rolling in!

Oh boy? lol, did I open a can of beans? Was there a discussion on that? Lol..I don't know much about the AV discussions on here..except that there are lots of threads and people seem to love or hate it, lol.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by kalli; 5th December 2012 at 03:20 AM.

The important thing is that he got he job.

I know, it really didn't matter what scent he wore..

though the scent of bbq or burgers wouldn't be good...maybe no take out right before, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats, kalli! Well done! I think Aventus is louder from a Creed sprayer, as it blasts like a water hose. Oh, and I'm not really sure if I was the one who gave you the Aventus sample; it's been a while since we exchanged samples. But if it's me, you're welcome! :-P

It was either you or Buysblind..whoops. My bad..you guys are both awesome though! And sent some cool scents to try. Ya, this was just a dab on..wasn't very much left either. Haven't tried a Creed from a sprayer ever. I know Buysblind let me try that Chene, which got some compliments when my husband wore it. That stuff lasts forever. I think you maybe sent GIT to sniff, I dig that one a bit.
    Last edited by kalli; 5th December 2012 at 03:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I found even with my sample vial of Aventus it projected like crazy, basically filled the room with dusty smoke and slight pineapple, with only a couple dabs. I'm not a fan personally, but a lot of people like it, so not a bad choice if it was applied in moderation.

Post Thanks / Like

Aventus. LOL! I am officially guilty of starting an Aventus thread lol..I know you guys ain't gettin tired of it or anything, lol.

There wasn't much to choose from, he only has a few scents..but had a little bit of a sample left of Aventus..and I knew that is just an interview scent. It's not cloying or too much..and the woods are classy. I don't really dig the pineapple..but the scent is fitting for an interview I think. It seems to stay really close to the skin..anyone else agree or have that experience? Not to over-hype the scent...as I do think it could be a smidge over-hyped..but there was no question when choosing from the choices. I keep going back and forth on Aventus but for the interview..there was Polo Double Black, Polo Blue, Dirty English, samples of YSL L'Homme, Armani Code, Tdh, Tobacco Vanille and Aventus. Seemed pretty clear to me, to use the rest of the sample of AV. I thought about Tdh but too orange-y maybe, Idk, but then there is the too pineapple-y of AV lol but still seemed like the one to wear with a suit and tie. ((Thanks again Del!)). I have no idea what batch it was, I know nothing of that stuff, lol.

Cue a discussion the length of the M1 motorway on the batch number, type and quality that the interviewee used.... lol

Post Thanks / Like

So so happy to hear he got the job!

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

What batch was it? Lol. Close to the skin, huh? Doesn't sound like any Aventus I know. All that matters is he got the job. Nice selection your husband has, btw. Out of those, I probably would have gone with ysl l'homme because it is neutral and light, myself. Of course it could depend on the job...

So how soon are you getting a full bottle?

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The important thing is that he got he job.
    This... No comment on the Aventus. ;-)
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear some positive News for a change - Congratulations!

Confessions of a Creed Basher! Might get my first Bottle of Creed for Christmas. Hesitate between GIT, Bois Portugal or Adventus?
    The only time I came close to getting my money out for a Creed in the past was a surprise visit to a store in Spain where I was pleasantly surprised by a Creed called Royal Delight - atlas NO more as its been discontinued and taken off the shelves. Wished I bought it then!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Nice to hear some positive News for a change - Congratulations!

Confessions of a Creed Basher! Might get my first Bottle of Creed for Christmas. Hesitate between GIT, Bois Portugal or Adventus?
    The only time I came close to getting my money out for a Creed in the past was a surprise visit to a store in Spain where I was pleasantly surprised by a Creed called Royal Delight - atlas NO more as its been discontinued and taken off the shelves. Wished I bought it then!
    If you are into classic scents and enjoyed Royal Delight, I would go with Bois du Portugal. By the way, I recently saw Royal Delight here in Madrid, but in one of the smaller sizes and at retail price (€€€)...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kalliiiiiiiiiii! Hoorah! Well done your hubs. Aventus, the smell of success boys!!!!!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That is great news. Congrats to both of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats for the job! Congrats on his fragrance tastes too, the two of you are genuinely blessed (no least than by having a wonderful hobby to share).

Post Thanks / Like

congrats!!!
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Glad he got the job and glad Aventus worked.

Now on to the fragrance part I would have personally went with YSL L'Homme. It's a nice office fragrance, low to moderate projection and longevity.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful spraying that Creed. Mine also puts out like a water hose and I am honestly concerned. If I spray it 15 times, I can literally notice a difference in the amount of juice I have left in my 4oz. It was right at the top of the word creed and 15 sprays later in was half through the word creed. Thats like half a centimeter gone.

Congrats on the job. And remember to go sparingly!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the kalli household on the new job!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Great news, Kalli!

For my DH, the scent is Jicky in the EDT. In fact, I had to make him a decant from my bottle when he had his last business trip.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Aventus! Placing people in jobs since 2010 and counting...

You guys are really cool! Thanks! Ya, I noticed when he was done with the interview it seemed to project a bit more than I smelled before, he walked in the room hours after and I got a smoked pineapple, had to be the AV, lol. Again, not really feeling the pineapple note, especially a pineapple note that seems to last a bit longer like that. All it needs is that Canadian bacon and we got ourselves a nice, shish kabob thing goin on lol. But the woods I dig, like I said.

Lol, I didn't know AV just came in 2010, thought it was older, lol, shows how much I know about male scents, lol.

Nosebud- Haha, perhaps maybe a split down the road or decant.. not sure about a full bottle, so pricey! I don't know what batch it was.

kccparis- I haven't sniffed Bois du Portugal but I do kinda like that GIT, between AV and GIT..I'd would lean towards GIT cause none of that pineapple. I may have to seek out a sample of Bdp sometime.

Primrose- I have yet to smell Jicky, another to sample down the road I suppose!
    Last edited by kalli; 10th December 2012 at 02:35 AM.