Code of Conduct

Smile Which clean, powdery scent you can recommend ??

Hi girlies, I m looking for a new frag.for my wife and need to advice. She likes clean, powdery, chypre tones - like Bottega, Narciso or DG Sicily. Can you recommend something similar to these ?? Which is your favourite scent you have many compliments of it ? Thanks in advance..

Default Re: Which clean, powdery scent you can recommend ??

Okay, it is not really powdery, but there is a beautiful chypre by Montale called Chypre Vanille... I always get compliments on it, even 8+ hours after application... it dries down softly and beautifully. No oud, in case you were wondering (since Montale is famous for their oud). :-)

I love Prada Infusion d'Homme for it's pure iris powdery character. Earlier this year Prada released Infusion d'Iris Absolue (golden juice and bottle details) which is also iris, but less powdery, more dimensional and slightly rooty. Very elegant and spohisticated.

Chanel No 19 Poudre is easily accessible. Villoresi Teint du Neige is da powder BOMB but is less accessible. Chantilly is cheap cheerfully and the pure scent of old fashioned face powder in the best possible way.

Iris is almost always worth trying when looking for powdery scents.

Love Chloe smells very clean and very powdery! Second Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue and also try Chanel No 22 and Prada L'Eau d'Ambre. I get complimented on Love don't be shy By Kilian everytime I wear it, this is a sweet but abstract vanilla or better meringue scent that people like me enjoy who usually dislike sweet and vanilla fragrances.

I find Prada Infusion d'Iris to be simply beautiful, though I am not familiar with the Absolue formulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Chanel No 19 Poudre is easily accessible. Villoresi Teint du Neige is da powder BOMB but is less accessible. Chantilly is cheap cheerfully and the pure scent of old fashioned face powder in the best possible way.

Iris is almost always worth trying when looking for powdery scents.
    +1 for the Chanel No 19 Poudre.

460 Park by Roth

Il duo tulipano by Hilde Soliani

A Beautiful Mind

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I love Prada Infusion d'Homme for it's pure iris powdery character. Earlier this year Prada released Infusion d'Iris Absolue (golden juice and bottle details) which is also iris, but less powdery, more dimensional and slightly rooty. Very elegant and spohisticated.
    Yea I have already bought her Prada Infusion Iris, its very nice but I think not so long lasting.

+1 Prada L'eau Ambree, Sicily I remember being more soapy than powdery but ya, Prada L'eau Ambree for powder or maybe Infusion De Iris. If you can get a sample, maybe try Heure Exquise by Annick Goutal, an iris/rose combo.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Habanita (powder/tobacco and leather) and Loukhoum (gourmand almond vanilla with rose).
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.