Code of Conduct

Default Storing your aftershaves/perfumes

Where do your store them to keep them 'good' I know a bathroom is a bad place due to temperature/humidity, mine are currently in a cupboard in my bedroom.

Default Re: Storing your aftershaves/perfumes

Cupboard that is closed to light is good. You will see here storage in minifridges, and even veritable wine cellars. I store mine in a closet, but my collection is getting big enough to start worrying if that is enough. The closet is a little close to a heater for my taste...
    Now you have me sounding like a paranoid Basenoter

I store mine in the boxes in a dark cupboard away from any heat. There's a lot of debate about the use of mini fridges and the general view is that they're not suitable due to the fact that some generate condensate and can go too low. Wine fridges/coolers are the way to go if you're ever thinking of temperature control.

In a dark interior wall closet. I keep one lounging fragrance on my dresser, the special ones like creed go in the closet. Besides, I'm not the club fragrance supplier when buddies come by. They ask me for the good juice that I wear, I say what are you talking about?

Mine are kept in a basement temp and light controlled walk-in vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Cologniano View Post
    Besides, I'm not the club fragrance supplier when buddies come by. They ask me for the good juice that I wear, I say what are you talking about?
    Lol that is awesome. It seems you are sensitizing them to good taste...

In cabinets, dark, cool, well-aired, dry, yet not refrigerated or fitted with any special ventilation, cooling etc. devices; just plain cabinets, cupboards, drawers etc. with a slightly higher amount of darkness, coldness.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Mine are kept in a basement temp and light controlled walk-in vault.
    Now THIS is pretty cool! I know a lot of wine collectors have vaults like this for their collections as well, especially when they get big enough that normal "wine fridges" just don't cut it anymore. I'm sure most of us Fragheads would just stand and stare in awe for hours if we saw this vault full of amazing fragrances.

On a side note, every time these threads pop up, I start to get more paranoid and really think I better get some of my frags out of the bathroom closet. The problem is, it's the most convenient place for me to grab it and apply after I get out of the shower. Ah well, one of these next threads will surely push me over the edge and make me rush to change their location...