Code of Conduct

Thread: original santal

Default original santal

is this one of the strongest creeds ?
    im quite interested in this one i love cinnamon
    the reviews ive seen on longevity and projection seem to be a bit all over the place
    would this be a good clubbin frag?
    Current top 5

1 spiriteuse double vanille
    2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

Default Re: original santal

is this one of the strongest creeds? It's one of the longest-lasting Creeds that I have tried and it projects well too.

would this be a good clubbin frag? Yes, in my opinion it would be.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Good fragrance, but if you want to become a human diffuser, try something else - Tobacco & Vanille Tom Ford

Its in my top 10. Im not a cinnamon fan but I love OS, always will. Awesome projector and stays with you all day, garners many compliments. You just know its there all day. And I sound like a deodorant commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Its in my top 10. Im not a cinnamon fan but I love OS, always will. Awesome projector and stays with you all day, garners many compliments. You just know its there all day. And I sound like a deodorant commercial.
    sounds good does the cinnamon stay for a long time? or is it more just a top note like listed?
    also i hear this is very jooplike,personally i love joop it was the fragrance that started it for me but are there enough differences to warrant purchasing original santal
    Current top 5

2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    sounds good does the cinnamon stay for a long time? or is it more just a top note like listed?
    also i hear this is very jooplike,personally i love joop it was the fragrance that started it for me but are there enough differences to warrant purchasing original santal
    The Cinnamon lasts for all fragrance life on my skin (wich is a very good time). I heard about the Joop similarities before I blindbought it and let me tell you something: to me it reminds me of Joop even less than GIT reminds me of Cool Water. It´s refined, very well executed. A jewel. I used to wear Joop on colder days on the past, and I remember getting sick of it´s top notes that are too potent and harsh. On Creed you have balance. If you like Joop you´ll LOVE Original Santal because Creed´s offer is for Joop the same a Porsche is to a VolksWagen Beetle.

This frag becomes feminine on my skin.

Be sure and get a sample before you buy it. The cinnamon holds through on me as well. Its a dense scent and not what I consider a clubbing scent.

Be sure and get a sample before you buy it. The cinnamon holds through on me as well. Its a dense scent and not what I consider a clubbing scent.
    Good idea to sample first. I love cinnamon as well, but when I tested Original Santal I got such a strong Joop! vibe, that I turned it down right away. It does beat Joop! by far though, but make sure to test first if you don't happen to love Joop!.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    is this one of the strongest creeds? It's one of the longest-lasting Creeds that I have tried and it projects well too.

would this be a good clubbin frag? Yes, in my opinion it would be.
    +1.

I've done a 180 on this baby recently. Too much like 212 Sexy Men, Mont Blanc - Individuel & Joop! and you can get those 3 together for less than a 30ml of OG Santal. Joop! obviously lasts 10x longer aswell.

Wouldn't say it's the strongest but it's a very good one for all events and occasions.

+1 from me.

Great creed fragrance and very long lasting, the quality between OS and Joop is like night and day. This is my signature scent in the fall, gets lots of great comments as well...

After a few more wears I have to agree that this is one of the stronger creeds.

I feel like OS is picking up some steam. Took some pretty harsh bashing for a while there.

I personally really like it! Would be good for the club.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Basenotes Plus

I really like OS and it is one of the stronger Creeds that I have sampled or owned. I went through a whole bottle at one point. It will stay with you all day and projects pretty well. To me it resembles Joop, but is much higher quality.

I like Original Santal, but I wouldn't get it for the cinnamon note. If you like that note in particular you would be better going with Lagerfeld KL, Bogart Witness or Aramis JHL.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Strong, long lasting, sweet cinnamon sandalwood.

[At the Club 2:00AM]

Her: "Oi, what's that cologne?"

(ooosh ooosh ooosh ooosh ooosh music plays so loud that conversations are difficult to hold)

You: "What's that, Love?"

Her: "I said...what's that cologne you got on?"

(ooosh ooosh ooosh ooosh ooosh)

You: "Creed Original Santal"

Her: "Wut?"

Her: "Oi, my friend's back from the loo. Breed Dirigible Stand Tall. Got a remembah that one. Cheers"
    Last edited by adonis; 27th September 2011 at 05:43 AM.

im really likeing the sound of this one
    ive just ordered a sample along with samples for aventus,virgin island water, and silver mountain water
    its about time i give this creed house a shot
    Current top 5

2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

im really likeing the sound of this one
    ive just ordered a sample along with samples for aventus,virgin island water, and silver mountain water
    its about time i give this creed house a shot
    Good one, dont forget Green Irish Tweed. Its the best of the house IMO. Then Original Santal/Aventus/MI. Keep us posted.

Good one, dont forget Green Irish Tweed. Its the best of the house IMO. Then Original Santal/Aventus/MI. Keep us posted.
    thanks nersh ill have to check green irish tweed another time because they would only let me purchase 4 samples at the same time for some reason? i was gonna throw a couple of amouages in as well
    Current top 5

2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Strong, long lasting, sweet cinnamon sandalwood.

[At the Club 2:00AM]

Her: "Oi, what's that cologne?"

(ooosh ooosh ooosh ooosh ooosh music plays so loud that conversations are difficult to hold)

You: "What's that, Love?"

Her: "I said...what's that cologne you got on?"

(ooosh ooosh ooosh ooosh ooosh)

Her: "Wut?"

Her: "Oi, my friend's back from the loo. Breed Dirigible Stand Tall. Got a remembah that one. Cheers"

LOL! That's hysterical.

To the OP - Original Santal has definitely evolved with my nose. I bought a small bottle, and love it on certain occasions - mostly at home. Very soothing, very unique. Stood on its own merit very well, and yes the cinnamon does stay on for the duration of the scent.

Longevity is at least 8 hours for me, and I have issues with dry skin and longevity on all my fragrances including other Creeds. It's one of my longest lasting fragrances. I can't see it being successful on me in a club - just my humble opinion. The fragrance makes me want to sit by a fireplace during a snowstorm with some wine and read a good book instead of getting me in the club/lounge mood. But to each his own!

I think you'll enjoy it and should pick it up - perhaps being careful to sample would be prudent as others have stated.

-Me.
    Last edited by vince211; 27th September 2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Splelling

longevity is 8-12 hours
    be careful when spraying it on your clothes

it's lasted over 1 week on my jacket

Banned
    Blog Entries

original santal is a love or hate fragrance, but for me it's mostly a "wish it would have been a little better" fragrance.

i got a haul thread coming which i'll discuss OS in more detail.

is this one of the strongest creeds ?
    This is THE strongest Creed I have. That includes X02 and Z01 Aventus. 15 hour longevity at the longest and BEAST MODE projection. Certainly good for clubbing.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I used to like this one a lot, but recently my taste in fragrances has change a bit. I'm not so found of sweet fragrances anymore, and I think O.S is almost too sweet for me to handle..

Love this stuff..

This.

Its not "strong". Its a pretty mellow scent if you ask me. But it does have excellent longevity, and projects nicely.

Banned
    Blog Entries

batch variations also need to be considered. maybe it is "strong" for some people and weaker for others.

also, "strong" for a creed is different from strong in general.

me, i say projection is moderate and longevity is very good.