Code of Conduct

Post DHS and AHS sport too sweet

I'm finding I'm having trouble with DHS and AHS. I want to enjoy DHS, but there is that warm sweet chord which I find similar in AHS that overwhelms me and almost kicks up the nauseating sensations.

Now something like Dior Eau Sauvage really doesn't bother me at all in this regard, and leaves my nose feeling fresh and zesty. I'm leaning toward this as an office and spring scent. I think it is a little heavy for summery for me... I don't feel as comfortable in it as a young guy in creative though..

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DHS and AHS sport too sweet

Which DHS, old or new?

new

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call DHS (either formulation) sweet. The old version has my preference, I love its ginger note.
    Eau Sauvage is an outstanding choice, it's appropriate for every occasion IMO. Eau Sauvage IMO is excellent as a summer scent, been there, done that.
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beftus View Post
    I wouldn't call DHS (either formulation) sweet. The old version has my preference, I love its ginger note.
    Eau Sauvage is an outstanding choice, it's appropriate for every occasion IMO. Eau Sauvage IMO is excellent as a summer scent, been there, done that.
    I agree.
    The Collectors Sale is coming soon to the Basenotes Marketplace!
    Guy Roberts' 1983-84 intro, "AMOUAGE" parfum/ FAB 3 box presentation/MINT!!!-Vintage.possibly Antique-Guerlain Eau De Hegemonienne EDC/60%full/ purchased at estate auction of a NY dept. store magnet(Mays)/authenticity guaranteed-Box sets of Belle d Opium & Dior's Dune pour femme-Eau de Gucci, Elegantly boxed drawer liners w/Gucci No3 scent + a partial bottle of Gucci No.3 as an added value combo, Tom Ford's 'White Musk'.......

Dior Eau Sauvage should work fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Ferre Bergamotto Marino.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I completely agree. Look, do yourself a favor and skip right over the 'sport' crap. Sport scents are only watered down flankers but I think in the case of DHS, it is very well done. Go for the Dior Eau Savage perfume. It is wonderfully, fresh, vibrant, and masculine. It has just the right amount of vetiver. You will enjoy it and Eau Savage is quite versatile.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe AHS Edition Blanche could work for you in summer, or, if you feel Eau Sauvage is a bit heavy for summer, maybe Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I completely agree. Look, do yourself a favor and skip right over the 'sport' crap. Sport scents are only watered down flankers but I think in the case of DHS, it is very well done. Go for the Dior Eau Savage perfume. It is wonderfully, fresh, vibrant, and masculine. It has just the right amount of vetiver. You will enjoy it and Eau Savage is quite versatile.
    I agree. If I want to go with a sport scent, I'll stick to my $10 bottle of Michael Jordan.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.