Code of Conduct

Default gucci nobile... how rare is it?

I've stumbled across a place that has several gucci nobiles up for sale. They are the 2.5 oz variety with the cap and unused. Asking price was $100. I checked ebay and this seems to be a pretty good price but still very steep for me.. just incase I find it repulsive, how easy is it to unload?

Thanks
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: gucci nobile... how rare is it?

I guess selling it would depend all on how much your asking for it and how much use it got? I think one hundred dollars is pretty good compared to the few floating around on eBay.
    Much like hearing a piece of music that can instantly take you back to a certain time and place, the faintest trace of a fragrance can evoke strong memories and powerful reactions from within.-Roja Dove

Relatively rare but can still be found every now and then on some online websites.

Rare, good stuff, but not in super-high demand right now. At $100, as good for wearing as it is for investment purposes. If that fits your budget, go for it.

I think I will take a pass then. $100 is too much for a blind buy. I can get something niche with that price over at the marketplace.

Maybe when it is going for 300+ I'll bite lol

Thanks for the replies
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

There are often miniature bottles of it for sale in eBay. You might want to buy a mini bottle first in order to try it. I like it very much.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

I've owned many bottles of Nobile over the years, in fact I own a few right now, but I can't say I've ever seen it in the 2.5oz size. To answer the question, it is getting fairly rare, but with demand coming down recently prices have gone down. A couple of years ago I saw a 4oz bottle on ebay going for $499 and it actually sold.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

In regular retail- unavailable or at best very hard and very unlikely to be found
    Online- some websites might, as already correctly aforementioned, still sell it, much likelier than through regular retail stores

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    I've owned many bottles of Nobile over the years, in fact I own a few right now, but I can't say I've ever seen it in the 2.5oz size. To answer the question, it is getting fairly rare, but with demand coming down recently prices have gone down. A couple of years ago I saw a 4oz bottle on ebay going for $499 and it actually sold.
    I'm glad i bought it 2 NIB bottles 4 fl. oz each (120 ml) a couple of years ago. Then the prices were around 110-120 € at German eBay. I bought my bottles from Singapore if i remember right.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

'Nobile Royalty' by Alexander da Costa is reportedly a reasonable copy, so that might have kept demand down a bit (I haven't tried it).

Nobile is a pleasant scent, and I own a big bottle of it.
    But I'd never pay $100 for it.
    I still think that Sergio Tacchini is close enough to it, and that only cost me $20.
    Regards,
    Renato

Not that I need it since I do have several back up bottles of the Gucci, but I've not seen the Nobile Royalty in stores and when I did a search online every store that listed it was out of stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that I need it since I do have several back up bottles of the Gucci, but I've not seen the Nobile Royalty in stores and when I did a search online every store that listed it was out of stock.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci