Code of Conduct

Default Kouros Fraicheur and weird occurrences on ebay.

I noticed a full 100 ml bottle of Kouros Fraicheur on ebay about 24 hours ago. It was a week long auction starting at $24.99 or thereabouts, with free shipping. It was listed under women's fragrances. I bookmarked it because this fragrance seems like it might be the next Patou Pour Homme. Anyway, I went back there a few hours ago and saw it bid up to $81. Not long ago I went back again to check something out and the listing is gone! Who would want to stop an auction with that kind of early action? Did anyone here list it and then decide he wanted to keep it? LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 6th December 2012 at 05:53 AM.

Default Re: Kouros Fraicheur and weird occurrences on ebay.

I'm sure he had a good reason - legal or not. It happens more frequently than thought.

Looks like it was relisted with a starting price of $130.00 (item # 251195888869). That seems to be a really bad move, especially after it was bid up to $81 in less than 24 hours. There is such as a thing as a "market" for such frags, and with that kind of early action it would have likely sold for the max. Often, frags with reasonable starting bids are not bid on whereas ones with low bids are bid considerably higher than that amount. Greed isn't always good. Sometimes you have to think of the psychology of the buyers.

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Looks like it was relisted with a starting price of $130.00 (item # 251195888869). That seems to be a really bad move, especially after it was bid up to $81 in less than 24 hours. There is such as a thing as a "market" for such frags, and with that kind of early action it would have likely sold for the max. Often, frags with reasonable starting bids are not bid on whereas ones with low bids are bid considerably higher than that amount. Greed isn't always good. Sometimes you have to think of the psychology of the buyers.
    Well said, and my thoughts exactly about the wisdom of such moves. I've been buying on ebay for years and I've seen this happen enough that it makes me wonder what people are thinking when they do this. Certainly a week long auction that had been bid up $50 in 24 hours would seem to have been on course to have blown well past $130. Increasing your starting bid eliminates the smaller bidders that would have driven the price up and generated the interest to draw the big money. It's a lot like playing poker with a hand you realize right away will win you the pot if you play it correctly. You drive the betting up slowly through a few rounds to keep the others at the table in the hand and allow the pot to grow large before you either force a call or bid over the top and take the hand. If you have the cards and the money you don't go all in after the first round of bets.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Post Thanks / Like

Someone probably offered the seller enough money to cancel the auction.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, this one is destined to become more valuable as time goes on. I picked up a brand new bottle of it last year for $40 on eBay. Thankfully, right before the auction ended eBay crashed and by default, I won. Can't imagine how high it would have gone if it were able to go until completion.

Further, I've privately contacted sellers and offered to pay them a certain amount to end the auction early. And then they just invoice me via PayPal and they don't pay the final value fees and I get my item. Win/win...who cares if eBay gets screwed. They deserve it: they've become amazingly greedy over the last 5 years.

Now the new listing is gone! I guess some sellers just can't get their acts together. LOL.

I just purchased 2 * 100 ML of kouros fraicheur for 77 Euros at eBay. I'm very happy i managed to buy as it is getting more and more rare.
    Some bottles for sale (Worldwide)

"Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    Yeah, this one is destined to become more valuable as time goes on. I picked up a brand new bottle of it last year for $40 on eBay. Thankfully, right before the auction ended eBay crashed and by default, I won. Can't imagine how high it would have gone if it were able to go until completion.

Further, I've privately contacted sellers and offered to pay them a certain amount to end the auction early. And then they just invoice me via PayPal and they don't pay the final value fees and I get my item. Win/win...who cares if eBay gets screwed. They deserve it: they've become amazingly greedy over the last 5 years.
    I agree. If it's rare and you want it then make the seller an offer. At the least if he decline's you'll have an idea of what he wants for it. Usually you'll get a counter offer.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Here as i write this the seller seems to have one lot of 2 * 100 ml for 77 euros for sale. He ships worldwide.
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/200861340737
    Some bottles for sale (Worldwide)

"Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Somebody used the buy it now option for $145. I forgot about that. Doh!