Code of Conduct

Default Caron: Pour un Femme?

I need some advice.

I mean to buy some parfum, and it's for someone very close to me. I have various things in mind so I don't need general suggestions so much as an opinion on one thing. That being the Pour un femme Parfum (I've only smelled the EDP) and because I have an oppertunity to buy it as a nice price I would be buying two or three bottles.

She has never smelled Pour un Femme, but based on my experience with the EDP I think she'd like it a great deal. Some of her all-time favourite scents are Habinata, Caleche, Rose Absolu, Tuberose (Annick Goutal), Tabac Blond, and BAV parfum and edt as well as vintage EDT. Notes-wise she likes (is obsessed with more so) rose, incense, resins, leather, honey, vanilla, and so on.

Now if anyone thinks she may dislike it, and I know this is always a possibility, there is a fallback. I might be happy to wear it myself :P

I'm fairly comfortable in many fragrances considered girly. Many of my favourite masculines are a bit on the femenine side, and I'm usually happy to wear women's fragrances. So in your overall opinion would Pour un Femme be too outrageously femenine for a man who doesn't mind smelling outrageously femenine in general?

Default Re: Caron: Pour un Femme?

Not at all. Its warm spicy and does not scream GIRLY in anyway.

I think Caron does parfum/extracts of all their range brilliantly.
    DONNA

E., you have it in the extrait form, I thought?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    I do, and also the edp which is quite potent to me ...I really don't detect much of difference between the two. I reach for the edp more frequently because I like to spray, but I sometimes dab on the parfum, just for the pleasure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    I'm fairly comfortable in many fragrances considered girly. Many of my favourite masculines are a bit on the femenine side, and I'm usually happy to wear women's fragrances. So in your overall opinion would Pour un Femme be too outrageously femenine for a man who doesn't mind smelling outrageously femenine in general?
    Well, although I don't find it particularly "girly," I do find it quite feminine, but you clearly don't mind wearing feminine fragrances, so ...I'm sorry, what's the problem?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Now that E. has chimed in, please get it, Miket, especially if the price is right. It is getting harder and harder to obtain it in any form everywhere, so you will already be having an advantage.

Basenotes Plus

Oh man.....I've been looking for the parfum for my sister.

If it's any help to you, she LOVES it! The cap is upside down & can be tricky. (That's how my sister spilled most of hers.)

Definitely get it!!!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Well, although I don't find it particularly "girly," I do find it quite feminine, but you clearly don't mind wearing feminine fragrances, so ...I'm sorry, what's the problem?
    There is a line. It's fuzzy and tends to move about a lot, but it's there all the same. I mean I wouldn't wear Love Chloe, even though I think it's absolutely gorgeous. I suppose you could say I don't have any real floral aversion (recently bought 8.4 ounces of a particular Tuberose fragrance which I'm definately going to be hiding from the better half >.> ) but certain combinations of musks and florals, powdery notes, etc. These can be problematic.

Based on notes/reviews Pour un Femme would seem to be more of a smokey/resinous floral with orange, which sounds fine to me. Always best to smell it yourself first though, but in this case (no one sells Caron in this country ><) I'll ask others who have. Seems no one is waving red-flags at me though.

Oh man.....I've been looking for the parfum for my sister.
    Would you like me to PM you a link? It's around $50 USD for 15mls and still available (I don't know if that's a good price, but it seems good to me based on what parfum generally costs, and considering the fact that Infini parfum in the same quantity, at the same place, is double that) moreover I can say I've had good experiences with this outlet before.

As a matter of fact I bought several 1.7 ounce bottles of Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration, boxed and everything, totally legit - made in France - with the build-in-atomizer cap (not those wacky gold-cap HC bottles that have been drifting around) for about $12 (!!!!!!!!!!!) each. Last time I got it, it cost me closer to $100 on Ebay, and I have no doubts about whether or not it's genuine. I still had some of my older bottle left over, not to mention I've been wearing the normal vintage Worth Pour Homme for many years, and they seem to have the same DNA.

I digress though. Thanks everyone for your advice. I'm definately going to grab two or three bottles. It's just a shame I can't find the dang EDP anywhere because it'd be nice to give both.