Code of Conduct

Thread: Hanae Mori?

Default Hanae Mori?

How is this classic? I've never smelled it but need a gourmand. Is it as sweet as 1 million? Heard its a compliment getter lol
    Last edited by tommygunz; 6th December 2012 at 09:12 PM.

Default Re: Hanae Mori?

I would say it's at least as sweet as 1 Million, though not like it. It has a candy vibe to me, and has a rep for getting its share of comps.

It's basically a sweet lemon fragrance with a chocolate dry down. Think chocolate covered lemon heads candy.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's basically a sweet lemon fragrance with a chocolate dry down. Think chocolate covered lemon heads candy.
    Is it as sweet as 1 Million?

It's a very nice scent IMO. Worth getting and you should be able to find it at a decent price.

get a EDT tester on eBay for less than $30. It's a good fragrance to please the masses.

- - - Updated - - -

get a EDT tester on eBay for less than $30. It's a good fragrance to please the masses.

I don't think it's as sweet as 1 Million. Holy cow, I can't handle the sweetness of 1 Million... but... Hanae Mori H.M. is definitely quite sweet. It's almost too sweet for me, but man oh man does it get me enthusiastic compliments. It's versatile in that it's heavy enough to wear well in the winter, but it might even be light enough to wear in the summer. I say 'might' because I haven't owned it long enough to go through a summer with it.

Hanae Mori makes 2 scents for men ("H.M." and the new "HiM") so make sure you know which you're talking about. And, they make an EdT and an EdP of each.

I own the EdT of H.M. It's quite good. Both are good, frankly. But like I said, the compliments I've gotten from women while wearing H.M. have been particularly enthusiastic.

If you buy it, make sure you shop around. It can be found pretty cheap online. I caught a sale at Drugstore.com and got a 3.4oz bottle for $26. Sweet!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    Is it as sweet as 1 Million?
    No, it's not as sweet as 1 Million. There's just so much going on it, but the sweet lemon/chocolate note is pretty much what your left with after 30 minutes. Don't blind buy it.

Not even close to 1 million, in respect to sweetness.
    HM is more of a "natural sweet" if that makes any sense.
    Not a huge fan of HM, but I like it enough to want a bottle of it.
    It smells like sweet lemon candy, but gets boring quickly in my opinion.

It's definitely on the sweet side, but it's quite different than 1 Million so it's hard to compare. H.M. EDT is a very nice fragrance but I would not get the EDP. The EDP is quite cloying and takes too long to dry down to where it's tolerable to me. That's good news since the EDT is much cheaper

If I were you I would seek out the new one from Hanae Mori HiM, it's very nice! But, for this one I would go with the EDP since the EDT smells so similar to Gucci Pour Homme II. The EDP is much more woodsy and less dry than GPH II and I think will be my frag for Holiday parties this year
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

HM EdT is a good fragrance.

To me it is more candied lemon than anything. I actually wear it mostly during the spring/summer. I still haven't gotten any chocolate out of this fragrance.

It has great longevity. Haven't gotten any compliments from it tho. So either people aren't complimenting, people aren't liking the smell, or it's not projecting off of me too good.

HM starts off citrusy and floral and dries down to an ice cream sundae. It's a projection and longevity monster, as well as a good compliment getter. It's not as sweet as 1 Million, but it's definitely sweet. 1 Million has a candy sweet smell, while HM has a vanilla sweetness. HM is an undercover gourmand.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Sickening sweet
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."