Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Dior Homme Sport, Fahrenheit Aqua, early reformulation Fahrenheit, or YSL L'homme.

I'm looking for a signature summer fragrance and I've narrowed it down to these 4. I'm leaning towards the vintage Dior Homme Sport with the silver collar because I don't have a ginger fragrance in my collection and I've heard this is the sport scent to get. Never smelled Fahrenheit Aqua so it would be a blind buy, but I've heard it's an excellent summer fragrance. Early 2000's bottle of Fahrenheit, because I'm a big fan of violet leaf, but I've worn Fahrenheit quite a bit in the past. Finally YSL's L'homme because it's also has ginger in it and everyone seems to enjoy it. Need some help picking one out and keep in mind I live in Florida.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Default Re: Vintage Dior Homme Sport, Fahrenheit Aqua, early reformulation Fahrenheit, or YSL L'homme.

Dior Homme Sport

Default Re: Vintage Dior Homme Sport, Fahrenheit Aqua, early reformulation Fahrenheit, or YSL L'homme.

DHS +1 but I would seek '08 version one without the silver and iris

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHeadroom View Post
    DHS +1 but I would seek '08 version one without the silver and iris
    Hmmm. The one I'm looking at is a DHS tester but it has the silver collar. I didn't know that there were 2 reformulations? Why does everything have to be so confusing with this line?
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Between DHS and L'Homme; DHS
    I own and like the 2012 version

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Between DHS and L'Homme; DHS
    I own and like the 2012 version
    I found a good deal on a 1.7 oz bottle and believe it's the original, because there's another version labeled 2012. I'm thinking if I like this version enough I might just go ahead and buy a 1.7 version of the the reform. As long as they're not extremely similar I will probably enjoy having both.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

DHS

It does what it does really well. And I think it's more interesting than YSL

The 2012 version has iris in it, so if you are not a fan of that scent, you would probably be better off with the vintage which is more ginger and lemon in it. I have tried both and they are different. As for my preference, I personally would go for the reformulation of this FIRST, but then eventually track down a vintage bottle. I know it sounds backwards, but maybe what I am trying to say is while they are both excellent frags, I like the reformulated just a little more.