Code of Conduct

Default Eros by Versace (2012)

Versace is launching a new fragrance for men—Eros, inspired by and deeply connected with Greek mythology. The aim of this edition is to reveal and release unrestrained passion and to accentuate desire. The fragrance was named after the Greek god of love and son of goddess Aphrodite—Eros. Inspiration by ancient Greece has lasted since the time when Gianni Versace raised his fashion empire and took goddess Medusa as the symbol of the brand to adorn numerous products of the house, among them also the new flacon of men's fragrance Eros.

The new perfume Eros is the first in the past five years to be launched and aimed at men. Donatella Versace's desire was to fit the fragrance into the concept of the Versace brand and to depict the style and significance of long-lasting design, quality and popularity. "Eros is truly the DNA of the house of Versace," explains Donatella. “We have the Greek motif that makes you think of ancient Greece and antiquity, mythology, and the color turquoise represents the Mediterranean. It’s very Versace.”

Eros was created by Aurelien Guichard of Givaudan and it was announced as fresh, woody and slightly oriental. The fragrance includes mint oil combined with green apple and Italian lemon. Warmth is provided by tonka mixed with Venezuelan ambroxan and geranium flowers giving a fougere twist to the fragrance this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I feel this will be a synthetic mess, I am hoping I am wrong. The bottle is nice though.

Default Re: Eros by Versace (2012)

let's wait and see. probably will be available here in Europe by end of November, early December...... will check it out
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

I did not see your link Stew, I was looking for it.

utterly synthetic!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

Not fond of any Versace scent. Pass on this.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    ...Warmth is provided by tonka mixed with Venezuelan ambroxan...
    Given that Ambroxan is a lab synthesized aroma-chemical, isn't it the height of marketing nonsense to talk about "Venezuelan ambroxan"? Or do they mean that the labs (where they synthesize this) were located in Venezuela?

Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    Given that Ambroxan is a lab synthesized aroma-chemical, isn't it the height of marketing nonsense to talk about "Venezuelan ambroxan"?
    I find it poetic.