Code of Conduct

Default Article: Buying the dress was easy...

Default Re: Article: Buying the dress was easy...

A terrifically enjoyable read, thank you! :-D

I'm afraid I can't offer any wise suggestions, except to say that I think Timbuktu and Safran Troublant would be absolutely superb choices. They're two particular favourites of mine, and I'm sure they'd compliment each other really well.

Will you let us know what you decide in the end?

Thanks, D. It's the most fun I've had writing anything in quite a while!

Naturally, once I've decided, I'll let you know. Currently, the race is still wide open ...

Ahh, women on their wedding day. You seem normal as far as how obsessive-compulsive most brides-to-be are. I am not saying that is a bad thing, mind; I don't want my hand bitten off!

Anticipation makes the pleasure. With that, I wish you congratulations. Thank you for the charming read.
    Cheers!

Thank you for a lovely article. I agree that fragrance can bring back many memories. When I married my late husband, I purchased and wore a new perfume, One Perfect Rose, created by Guy Robert for La Prairie. It was truly magnificent and I continued to wear it for the too few years of our marriage. Sadly, my husband became very ill and passed away. Soon thereafter I got a phone call from my local Neiman Marcus saying One Perfect Rose was being discontinued and did I want the rest of their stock. I panicked and yes, I bought all that they had. I have spent years trying to find something similar - to no avail. When the book by Lucca Turin and Tania Sanchez came out, my perfume world also turned upside down! They introduced me to so many ideas, notes, resins, etc. that sniffing and collecting has become a favored hobby. I totally agree with your list of ground rules, and, while not knowing either your or your fiance, love your choices. So enjoy your wedding day and whatever perfumes you decide to wear. All the best!

Wonderful article Louise. I recently did the fragrance for a friends wedding. I wanted the bride and groom to wear the same fragrance to create one olfactory memeory of the day and they were into that too. After many, many hours of testing various notes, genres, types, they decided.......... on Dior Homme!! It was gorgeous on them both.

Panthere eau Legere by Cartier is tough to beat...it is a feminine and elegant fougere. Each time I wear it, everyone says "WHAT are you wearing?" It smells clean and rich...but not soapy. I don't see it listed to review on Basenotes, but you can find a bottle on EBay for not too much..the juice is green. Congratulations and good luck

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Whatever you decide on, buy a backup bottle in case it is discontinued, and store it a cool, dark spot. L'Artisan has a history of discontinuing quite a few fragrances.

Default Re: Article: Buying the dress was easy...

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Whatever you decide on, buy a backup bottle in case it is discontinued, and store it a cool, dark spot. L'Artisan has a history of discontinuing quite a few fragrances.
    Yes, that is absolutely my plan - whatever I end up wearing! Thank you for the tip xx

- - - Updated - - -

Promqueen: If it's on eBay, does that suggest that Panther Eau Legere by Cartier has been discontinued? Sounds very lovely though, I shall definitely investigate, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Wonderful article Louise. I recently did the fragrance for a friends wedding. I wanted the bride and groom to wear the same fragrance to create one olfactory memeory of the day and they were into that too. After many, many hours of testing various notes, genres, types, they decided.......... on Dior Homme!! It was gorgeous on them both.
    We had originally planned on matching wedding rings, but that fell through, matching fragrances might be a good idea, if only MrL liked more of MY fragrances!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zhi View Post
    Thank you for a lovely article. I agree that fragrance can bring back many memories. When I married my late husband, I purchased and wore a new perfume, One Perfect Rose, created by Guy Robert for La Prairie. It was truly magnificent and I continued to wear it for the too few years of our marriage. Sadly, my husband became very ill and passed away. Soon thereafter I got a phone call from my local Neiman Marcus saying One Perfect Rose was being discontinued and did I want the rest of their stock. I panicked and yes, I bought all that they had. I have spent years trying to find something similar - to no avail. When the book by Lucca Turin and Tania Sanchez came out, my perfume world also turned upside down! They introduced me to so many ideas, notes, resins, etc. that sniffing and collecting has become a favored hobby. I totally agree with your list of ground rules, and, while not knowing either your or your fiance, love your choices. So enjoy your wedding day and whatever perfumes you decide to wear. All the best!
    Thank you for a lovely comment, Zhi. How great of your store to let you know that they were discontinuing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebud View Post
    Ahh, women on their wedding day. You seem normal as far as how obsessive-compulsive most brides-to-be are. I am not saying that is a bad thing, mind; I don't want my hand bitten off!

Anticipation makes the pleasure. With that, I wish you congratulations. Thank you for the charming read.
    Cheers!
    No, no, thank you! I'm trying, very hard, not to turn into a total "Bridezilla", I can see how it would be very easy to do though!

Decisions, decisions! Some very wise advice and will be very interested to hear your final choice. Good luck with the big day, the dress sounds fab too! x

Take your time!

Ormonde Men is a very good option, from my bachelor point of view...

For her, Iris Nobile, or

Both in Bandit or both Diorella...

Have you ever heard of the tradition that Neroli is considered highly auspicious for a wedding day? I would recommend a perfume that has neroli as a prominent note!

I have heard that tradition - however, our wedding is going to be a little untraditional, so ... also, MrLippie doesn't really like the scent of neroli, so, it's difficult!

Acqua di Parma - Profumo

or at least I'm hoping that this would be my wedding fragrance

Very expesive and therefore no chance to meet someone wearing it in the same room

Thanks for the article, enjoyed it very much. Happy hunting for that perfect wedding day scent! It was Knowing by EL for me.

http://www.sellcar8.com/china-BMW-OP...-tool-138.html
    BMW OPS Diagnostic tool

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sellcar8.com/china-BMW-OP...-tool-138.html
    BMW OPS Diagnostic tool