Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default ALICE AND PETER. NEW , from Gerald Ghislain, Histoires De Parfums

LET THEM EAT CAKE!

Listen up all you Gourmand lovers. Gerard Ghislain has launched a new range of five Eaux de Parfums. They come in Cup Cake bottles and they are priced at 45 Euro. Sample sets are available. Check them out here;

alicepeter.com

The notes actually sound really interesting I think, really FUN. I'm not a gourmand lover myself but have I ordered a sample pack? OF COURSE! It is Gerard Ghislain after all.

Default Re: ALICE AND PETER. NEW , from Gerald Ghislain, Histoires De Parfums

Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bumping this for the American girls to see ( and guys).

Post Thanks / Like

Those look oddly yummy!!!!! I'm really tempted to order the sample set. Hehe I just loe the bottles!

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another line? (after the scents of departure).

I wonder if it's what I saw last weekend at Urban outfitters here in the States- but didn't even bother smelling, for the idea of a cupcake was depressing (does any of you recall the "pink cupcake accord" in Snooki's perfume). It's still depressing even if the line was conceived by Ghislain, but at least I think now I will make an effort to smell them. They'll probably be more successful than the Scents of departure, given the inexplicable fondness of US teens for the semi-edible, technicolor concoctions.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Yet another line? (after the scents of departure).
    It does seem like they are trying to identify various niches, and then create a line to fill them. Travelers (sell in airports), Teenagers (sell in teen clothing stores) .....one has to wonder what's next ?

I can smell a "sporting lifestyle" line coming soon I'm afraid. Horse people, sports car drivers, skiers, hikers, bicyclists : the "targeted possibilities" are endless.

I prefer it when frags are introduced primarily for themselves, rather than the perfume seeming to be secondary to the targeted audience, but that's marketing these days.
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 8th December 2012 at 04:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally stopped by Urban outfitters to smell Alice and Peter's cupcakes. The cupcake bottles are more fun that the harajuku things. Current fruity florals are so dire that the frags aren't as bad as the packaging might suggest. Most are are pink-berry fruity rather than sweet cloying. This doesn't mean that they are good, though.

I smelled 4. Berry is a strawberry-raspberry combo. On the plus side, this is no match for the demonic delices de cartier. On the minus side, it is a strawberry-raspberry combo. Cheery cherry smells the equivalent of a color halfway between pink and violet; more floral than fruity per se, and with an unpleasant slightly bilgey base I detect in many white florals. Showy toffee is a generic coffee gourmand, a sort of poor and less intelligent cousing of A*men. Bloody orange is the only ok one; very light, compared to its sisters, orange skin - of the paler, Valencia variety, certainly not the red tarocco-, but drying down a little too much on the sweetish side.

(Incidentally, the urban outfitter store was selling the scents of dept at half price. I guess they didn't have success. Just for the fun of it, I got a bottle of bilgey Dubai. Unfortunately, the store didn't get cuminy Milan, just the noninteresting London, NY and Tokyo).

cacio

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your impressions, cacio. I wish they have bitter dark chocolate with zesty orange. I'm not a big fan of gourmands so I'll be giving this a pass. Neither was I thrilled by the Scent of Departure series. Too gimmicky for my liking and the 1st I tried (Singapore) has none of the elements I enjoy from the house. I wish Ghislain put efforts to expanding the scent library instead, or to creating more trilogies.

Post Thanks / Like

The Alice and Peters were on sale today at Urban outfitters for $9.99. Presumably, the intented consumer did not like to be reminded of what they usually wear. At that price, however, it will make a fun gift for a young girl. My collecting instinct also prevailed on my rational self and I ended up buying one myself (the cherry, in this case).

cacio