Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Should I pee into the O'Drił?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

72 82.76%
  • No

15 17.24%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Should I urinate into this O'Drił fragrance?

In case you do, you'd better charge them $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I've worn the "unadultered" juice a couple of times and it has three clear different stages. The opening: herbal-animalic-sweetish. The middle phase: spicy, floral, vanillish. Tha base: woody, musky, balmy. Skin always plays a relevant role in the evolution of a fragrance. I guess the unadultered juice reacts to skin perspiration just like most other perfumes.
    hmmm, I get the *usual* evolution of scent, but what i understand the artist (BS or otherwise ;-) is claiming is that the pee addition will *chemically* change the brew without it being on skin. so what I'm asking is whether enough perspiration (being similar in composition but more dilute than urine) will have a similar effect on the previously untainted composition. that's a nice evolution alfarom describes, but i wonder if sweating heavily whilst wearing the original fragrance would dumb it down a bit, as the pee is perceived to do by the various reviewers (seems to be a softening/sweetening/dulling from comments above).

Mission accomplished.

And I made a video of it.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/318...40#post2786540
    Last edited by Beranium Chotato; 16th December 2012 at 12:57 AM.

Okay, so here is the thing. I ain't peein in mine! Nope.

Wait a minute, let me explain.....

(I got my sample just before the holiday period which was really busy. Sorry I took so long.)

You know the clues were there all along in the copy and in Mr Pregoni's comments about intimacy and about connecting on a molecular level. In the O'Driu series I am sure that there is also a comment somewhere about the final ingredient being skin. The progression had begun.

If you have seen any of the images from Mr Pregoni's performances (you know what, lets call him Angelo, if he can ask us to pee in his fragrance I think that we are on first name terms!). Yes, if you have seen the images you will see another exploration of intimacy. Some of the images make me feel uncomfortable. Now, of course, there is nothing new about a fully clothed artist with a naked model, but in the images of Angelo's performance where he is applying fragrance to naked subjects in intimate places, he is interacting more directly with the models, not just creating images of them remotely. It just strikes me personally that the clothed artist is so in control and the naked models look so vulnerable, so exposed, so intimately exposed. The images strike me on an intellectual and emotional level and make me feel uncomfortable. Now, that doesn't mean that it is not good performance art, on the contrary. The fact that one visual can create a visceral reaction is very good, but I don't have to like it.

Now I could say that I don't want to be a part of the peformance but I can't say that can I? Because I already am just by being here. Make no mistake about that. This very clever performace by proxy that hedonist so deftly identified and described. The feeling of control, of mystery, of Secraction when you walk into a room wearing the personalised fragrance. I do understand that, but I don't want it. I hope that my rebellion brings a wry smile to Angelo's knowing face. You do know that he is watching, don't you? The perfumer, the performer, the master, the voyeur. Of course he is watching.

There is another reason why I am not going to pee into this beautiful fragrance. I don't want to.

Review over at Alfarom's thread soon......

Seriously??!

LOL OK then. Hm...I can actually see how it might work but...wow. I can't wait to see how this turned out.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    There is another reason why I am not going to pee into this beautiful fragrance. I don't want to.
    Why don't you want to?

I remember my son's diaper pail started to smell like ammonia between diaper service pickups/delivery. Is this change in scent prevented by the alcohol in the perfume?

Foustie-you rock! I love the Secration as is. That being said, if everyone does add a "little extra" more power to you.
    Theres a coldness, an austerity to this that I love, and will miss. This is wonderful fragrance.

Ive seen a similar "style"of bottle from La Prairie. Its not a duplicate, of course. Picture the bottle in metallic silver.

O'Driu has another winner. "Uberniche" strikes again!
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

Basenotes Plus

I will start a split of a personalizing kit for Secration.

The fk did I just read?