Code of Conduct

Question Amouage opus vi...a riddle..do you know anything about it ...???

I have seem many opinions about this fragance.
    They are very different.I read also the reviews.Weak conclusion.
    What can you say about it ???
    Buying list or not...?
    tks
    al

Default Re: Amouage opus vi...a riddle..do you know anything about it ...???

It's the best of the Opus' for sure. For me, I don't yearn for a bottle. I'm waiting for VII to be released. I'm hearing Alberto Morillas may be the nose. That sure perks up my interest.

Opus VI is a very good amber scent but there are quite a few better amber fragrances already out there - it all comes down to personal tastes.

If you're crazy about ambers, it's worth going for (even blind). However, if you prefer to limit the number of ambers in your wardrobe (like myself) it'd be best to sample first.

A top ten amber-centric release? Most definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post

If you're crazy about ambers, it's worth going for (even blind). However, if you prefer to limit the number of ambers in your wardrobe (like myself) it'd be best to sample first.

A top ten amber-centric release? Most definitely!
    I'm not crazy at all, most ambers don't fit my taste, probably because they are usually too sweet. Yet, APOM Homme is my signature scent, so I don't hate that single note, just I like to find the appropriate scent with it. Can someone compare the amber in Opus with that one in APOM?

Quote Originally Posted by aldo milani View Post
    I have seem many opinions about this fragance.
    They are very different.I read also the reviews.Weak conclusion.
    What can you say about it ???
    Buying list or not...?
    tks
    al
    Did you ever get to try this, Aldo? If interested, I could send you a sample (now that I'm living in Brasil). PM me. I do love this, though like many of the heavier and / or more richly orchestrated scents that I so loved in Europe, I am finding OPUS VI a bit difficult to pull off in the warmer climes of Brasil. This is potent, HOT amber!
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicolδi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man