Code of Conduct

Thread: Red Aoud!!!

Default Red Aoud!!!

Wow!! Been wearing my sample of this for the last three days. Let me start by saying this has the best longevity of all my Montales. It out performs BA, Blue Amber, Woods and Spices. Its sillage is amazing. I think I am preferring the oud in this over my Black Aoud. The oud is softer, less astringent, no band aid, more fuller. Im not completely sold on the sweetness of this but the oud in this does it for me % 110. This is def a gourmandish frag. I delish is wonderful.

My only question is what other oud based frag have an oud similar to this and not like black aoud. I want a less astringent band aid oud. More of a Oud Wood...Red Aoud type of oud.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Also the reason for me seeking this type of oud is I am anticipating the spring summer months and want to were an oud all year round. I see red aoud having an all year round oud. This would work in the summer/spring if it wasnt so so sweet.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Red Aoud!!!

I couldn't agree more. It's really a stand out from the house and doesn't get the nearly the credit it deserves.
    ---
    -josh

www.imaginaryauthors.com

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

Montale Oud Pur Oriental

It's certainly distinct.

The only Montale I ended up liking enough to buy. The longevity is definitely part of the reason, this thing laaaaaaaaaaaaasts and laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasts.

It's interesting to read the longevity thoughts. I actually think this one is tamer than some of the others, which is a selling point IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Montale Oud Pur Oriental
    Is this another name for Red Aoud?
    ---
    -josh

www.imaginaryauthors.com

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

It is long lasting but honestly it smells like caramel corn, I liked Mancera's Roses Vanille better.

I had a bunch of Montale samples, and darned if Red Aoud wasn't the one I liked best as well.

I think some people are put off by several of it's aspects, particularly when compared to the now-legendary Black Aoud. But as a stand-alone fragrance, it's some pretty great stuff.

Of all the Montale's ouds I have tried, I like this one best. I don't like most of them - the oud smells too chemical.

However, Red Aoud is too much gourmand for me - I prefer Les Déserts d'Orient - Rose Nacrée du Desert by Guerlain
    which is a beautiful rose and oud, but without the gourmand element.
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Sorry, double posting
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

it's the best oud they got that I smelled, actually very pleasant

Interesting at first but the dry down is just too Blue Amber for me.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

I have not smelled Red Aoud, only Black Aoud, Dark Aoud, Moon Aoud and White Aoud (out of Montales with Aoud in name) and I can definitely recommend White Aoud. First hour is strong on oud but rest is pure sexy comfort with oud playing just 2nd or 3rd row after vanilla, saffron, labdanum and creamy rose. Longevity is insane (24+ hours)
    TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme