Code of Conduct

Thread: Cuir issues...

Default Cuir issues...

My curiosity was piqued by Chanel's Cuir de Russie.
    So, I set out to Needless Markup (AKA Nieman Marcus), just having fun -no disrespect intended, to check it out first hand.
    Well, by the look on the sales person baffled face, you would have thought I was inquiring the inner workings of the pituitary gland.
    "Never heard of it." Oh well...
    I was (wrongly) corrected that what I really wanted the was the Creed fragrance and of course that is no longer available (I've been hunting for this for some time now- suggestions?). I knew what I was seeking...
    Where can I buy or at least try the Cuir de Russie ?
    And, while I'm at it, is the Cuir de Russe by Creed available anywhere or gone forever?
    Any personal suggestions on Cuirs are welcomed. I want to explore this arena more.
    It wasn't a total wash as I snagged a bottle of Jardin D'Amalfi which was delightful but it reminds me of Imperial Millesime. Just mho.
    Go figure, on the hunt for leather and winding up with flowers-
    Hope you're having a great weekend!

Default Re: Cuir issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Olfactophile View Post
    Where can I buy or at least try the Cuir de Russie ?
    And, while I'm at it, is the Cuir de Russe by Creed available anywhere or gone forever?
    The Creed is being offered at this retailer's site. Not familiar with this website however: http://www.colognestore.com/Product.asp?id=23194

The Chanel one should be available at any Chanel boutique or some Saks.
    Last edited by hednic; 15th June 2014 at 12:34 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

As others said, Chanel Cuir de Russie is part of the Chanel exclusive line, which is sold only at Chanel boutiques (and website, as said by dougczar), or at very few high ends dept stores. Here in DC it's at Saks, I don't know if Chanel has a distribution deal only with Saks also elsewhere. Depending on where you live, you could have either close by.

It comes in EdT and in parfum. They smell similar, the edt is a touch more floral, the parfum is richer and it lasts much much longer, though perhaps it's a touch subdued.

cacio

I bought mine at Neiman Marcus Dallas NorthPark 2 years ago or so. They have all the Chanels at a separate counter. I think at the time at least that they had all of the Chanels that are currently being made. Perhaps your NM SA can get a bottle sent to you from the Dallas store.