Code of Conduct

Default Suggest me my orange blossom

Hi guys,
    I'm still on my way picking up the flowers for my collection. So far I have my choice of rose, jasmine, violet, tuberose, lily and iris. I guess the next stop would be orange blossom

Please give me some suggestion for this flower.
    I prefer my flower to be fresh and realistic but with some twist to it. I nearly think I find my orange blossom the first time I smell SL Fleurs d'Oranger but the drydown is a let down to me, too boring!

I'll be lovely if the orange blossom is treated in the style/vibe of a classic Eau de Cologne however the flower has to be big, front, center and not overshadowed by other "masculine" notes

A lot of things to ask for, I know LOL

One more thing though, I do not like the orange blossom to be paired with heavier notes like it is in APOM

Thanks guys

Default Re: Suggest me my orange blossom

Penhaligons Castile is very nice and fresh with a lovely orange blossom note.

Feuilles & Fleurs d'Oranger by Galimard

The purest is probably in L'artisan parfumeur - fleur d'oranger récolte 2005 (or 2007), but it's hard to find (by luck i found a 2005 full bottle recently so everything is possible). The soliflore golden standard imo.
    Profumum Néroli also worth the try.

You got to check out Ted Lapidus Altamir. It's a very good frag bro. And you won't belief the price (around $25.00). One of the best deals of the year for me.http://m2.agitomedia.pl/image/265x31...l.787867.2.jpg

Katie Puckrik recently reviewed Fleur du Male by Gaultier and described it as being an orange blossom scent. I've been trying to find it to smell myself, so I can't tell you just what it's like. Sounded nice, though. You can google the review.

Despite FdM isn't complex as FdO, I second Kagey's suggestion of Fleur du Male. It's like a milk of orange blossom, very simple and plain, but this note is there, in your face, during the whole development of the frag.

Azemour les Orangers by Parfum d´Empire
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

TF Neroli Portofino (but not heavy in any way)
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    10. Creed - Royal Oud

Orange blossom is quite fleeting, so, unless in a fleeting eau de cologne, the drydown will always be something else. The old workhorse 4711 kolnisch wasser is still a very good orange blossom (which, as all eau de cologne, doesn't last long). At the other end of the spectrum (and this one more durable) there's Amouage Homage, which, having lost the other flowers, is now primarily a big orange blossom.

cacio

Neroli Portofino is your tipical eau'd cologne.
    Clive Christian C for men has the darkest neroli note, ah but is wonderful and lasts forever.
    Andy Tauer's orange star is unique if you like his style of heavy baroque creations, and the drydown won't let you down.

Let us know your choice at the end!

L'Erbolario Neroli
    Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte

My fix is JPG Fleur du Male

Basenotes Plus

Was about to suggest APOM but scratch that, lol. Have you tried Seville l'Aube?

Or Hermes' pretty bombastic 24 Fabourg?

I also heard some nice things about Houbigant Orangers en Fleurs but I've not had the chance to sample it yet.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 8th December 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Blog Entries

I agree about L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger being the best for what you seem to be looking for, and bottles pop up on eBay now and then. Expect to pay about the same per ml as when it was first released (about $3/ml.)

You may also enjoy Côté Bastide Fleurs d'Oranger edt. This is a straightforward fragrance that starts off with more neroli and ends in a powdery orange blossom. No vanilla, or spices, or wood notes, or incense or other extraneous notes. 6.6 ounces for $52 is a great price per ml. Their shower gel is nice too.

Source-- see:http://www.fawbushschulz.com/Fawbush...rsDOranger.htm

The bottle is absurd, however-- a tall (i.e. easy to tip over) bottle with a cork under a hard plastic sealant material that you have to chip off with a knife-- what were they thinking?? And then you have to re-cork it with a fresh cork, or decant it.
    But if you want a sample, message me.

Best, big, strong masculine Orange Blossom scents, done in a bold way, not quiet like typical EDC's:

1. Maitre Pour Le Jeune Homme (brazilian Orange, Rosemary and Neroli Orange Blossom in perfect harmony)
    2. Penhaligon's Castile (Citruses, Neroli Orange Blossom and other soapy florals in perfect harmony)
    3. Czech & Speake Neroli (great neroli orange blossom soliflore)
    4. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (nice, but a bit synthetic)
    5. Xerjoff Kobe (wonderful, if a bit powdery)

Thank guys so much for the suggestion

I do own and love FdM, but to me it is not really a orange blossom per se. Orange Star is in fact my SoTD and I'm surprise how I like it this time around. Czech & Speake Neroli is nice when I first spray it but the longer the scent stays on my skin, the more I get annoyed by it. Weird!

Thanks 30 Roses for your kind sample offer but since I live in Vietnam, I do not want to put you through all the trouble sending it oversee. Thank you for your kindness though

I have my eye on Castile for quite a long time, not sure why I haven't give it a try though

I'll try finding the suggestions and give them a sniff

BTW, what do you think about Neroli 36 by Le Labo?

Neroli 36 by Le Labo is not neroli (as usual with Le Labo), but a marine white floral. Very good nonetheless, if you like marine (I don't), but it won't satisfy your orange blossom craving.

cacio

I also had a brief love affair with Castile. Unfortunately, now that is over.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Aplle Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

TF Neroli Portofino

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    TF Neroli Portofino
    +1 on this suggestion.

I would also try Narcisse Noir by Caron in the EDT or parfum. A wonderful orange blossom with civet.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'd have suggested Seville a'Laube but you said you don't like it when its blended with heavier notes like in APOM. I find APOM to be very light next to Seville a'Laube.

So then I suggest Kobe or Sweet Redemption.

for swap/sale:

Neroli EDP by L'Erbolario, an incredible high for just just 25.50 euros! Have a try, man!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon