Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Six Scents - Series 4: Characters

From nstperfume.com:

The Six Scents Fragrance Initiative will launch Series 4: Characters this fall. As in prior series, perfumers have been matched with designers and a percentage of the proceeds will go to charity.

#1 Crust ~ by menswear designer Boris Bidjan Saberi and perfumer Shyamala Maisondieu. “Fresh Citrus, Tanned Leather, Woody Cedar”

#2 Modesty ~ by designer Giuliano Fujiwara and perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux. “Frozen Metal, Cypress, Kephalis, Labdanum, Opoponax, Resin”

#3 Buk (shown) ~ by collaborative design house KTZ and perfumer Guillaume Flavigny. “Bergamot, Purple Ginger, Safran, Black Pepper, Curcuma, Gardenia Olibanum, Myrrh Oil, Sandalwood, Jasmine, Cedarwood, Patchouli”

#4 Nappa Noir ~ by shoe designer Raphael Young and perfumer Calice Becker. “Ylang, Violet, Tobacco, Coffee, Patchouli, Iris, Speculos, Cistus, Styrax, Leather, Birch Tar, Saffron, Vanilla, Serenolide”

#5 Second Skin ~ by fashion & accessories label VPL and perfumer Marypierre Julien. “Steamed Skin, Karmaflor, Suede, Eorgywood, Nirvanolide, Amber”

#6 Un Beaute Accidental ~ by Swedish fashion brand Vth Avenue Shoe Repair and perfumer Nadege Le Garlantexec. “Grapefruit, Nutmeg, Bergamot, Sage, Leather, Tonka Beans, Cedarwood, Gaiac, Vetiver, Patchouli”

A sample pack (six 2 ml sprays) can be ordered now from the Six Scents webstore ($35).

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Fragrances: Six Scents - Series 4: Characters

Interesting! Thanks for this.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Interesting! Thanks for this.
    I am interested in Nappa Noir. It combines two of my favorite things - shoes and perfume!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hmmm 4 sounds good..... 2, 3 and 5 have some interesting aspects worth laying my nose on. They all actually have a note or two that I like but some more than others.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

5 and 6 sound good. 5 because of Nirvanolide, which I've only ever seen listed in Prada Amber PH (although I'm sure it's in others). That's just a hella cool name for a musk. :P

6 sounds especially good. A greenish/orange citrus over a classic drydown of patchouli/cedar/vetiver (TdH?) but with the black horse note of guaiac, which I always love.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 7th June 2012 at 05:44 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I must say that of the six scents series so far I've only found one interesting, and then I'm not sure I should have really bought it. But it's true that nappa noir sounds interesting in the materials, plus it's Calice Becker, who's done good stuff in the past.

cacio

You would think by series 4 the people at Six Scents would have learned which types of new experimental scents smell really good to people. I think these are all pretty good relative to the earlier groups.

I have listed the Six Scents Series Four by name, the perfumer who created each and my impressions of each after a couple of wears. I am guessing at notes - I have not seen a list of notes yet. I added my 1-10 evaluation of them. Samples are available from the Six Scents website.

NO. 1 CRUST - Shayamala Maisondieu. Smells like super clean water. I would have named this "invisible ink" because it is very clean and pure and almost non existent with something there but it is hard to grasp. It is sort of along the lines of Wicken 3000 from the first series. There is not enough of a statement in this almost totally invisible fragrance. 6/10

NO. 2 - MODESTY - Rodrigo Flores - Roux. There is a cool presence in this scent that I would call "Mountain Cavern" because it has a mineral quality with a damp reflection of warmth. I bet there is gaiac wood, vetiver, and some clean synthetic stuff. Sort of a combination of LeLabo's Gaiac scent and Molecule 01. 9/10. bottleworthy for me!

NO. 3 - BUK - Guillaume Flavigny. Described by Six Scents as "A Goddess of Sex" and named for Buk, the African goddess of fertility. There is pepper of various types with ginger, possibly some coffee and soft gentle warm base. This is a complex and very engaging fragrance that people are going to really love. I've never smelled anything exactly like it but it is similar to Keiko Mecheri Zazous but I like it more. People are going to love this - especially those who like spice, sweetness and warmth. It is hot and mysterious. 8/10.

NO. 4 - NAPPA NOIR - Calice Becker. This initially smells of pure leather. One of the nicest leather fragrances I have tried but it is definitely not an overly heavy leather. Just pure soft supple leather. A beauty! 9/10.

NO. 5 - SECOND SKIN - Marypierre Julien. This smells exactly like slightly moist skin. No bad smells but clean human skin. It is very escentric molecules in its lightness with a slight scent of pure skin scent. It is a well named fragrance. Sexy, very direct, and simple. Bottleworthy. 8/10.

NO. 6 - UNE BEAUTE ACCIDENTELLE -Nadege Le Garlantexec. A very uplifting light floral musk scent that is a truly beautiful fragrance. It also smells very clean. If I was a maker of laundry detergent I would try to acquire this fragrance because it is very clean while still being delicate and uplifting. This reminds me a little of CDG Odeur 74 with the light mineral dust quality mixed with pleasant very light floral musk. 6.5/10

EDIT: Whoops. I just saw that Joe listed the notes with each fragrance. My guesses at notes are just my honest impressions of each as I smelled them. Not very accurate, but there it is.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 24th July 2012 at 02:02 AM.

These sound extremely intriguing. Thanks for your insights!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I am interested in Nappa Noir. It combines two of my favorite things - shoes and perfume!
    Don't forget Calice Becker, too!
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

What ever happened to Six Scents?? Does anyone know about these? AFter the samples were released earlier in '012, Series 4 scents (six of them) were supposed to be released this fall and they have not come out of hiding yet!? Is it discontinued? It is almost too late for the Christmas season and they still have not been introduced.

Too bad because I thought Series 4 was the best series so far and I looked forward to their release.

If anyone knows whats going on with series 4, please let me know. There are possibly those among we basenotes members who might also be able to help the release of Six Scents if they would care to communicate. Who knows? PM me, Or just just give some contact information.

Hm, seems like they are experiencing some technical difficulties:
    Our E-Commerce Site is FINALLY back up after being crashed for almost a month. We apologize for anyone waiting on web orders, or anyone that has been wanting to make an order. There are some surprises for anyone who takes a look at the improved page as well as free gifts for anyone who makes a purchase in the coming weeks as our thanks for your patience.
    This was posted on Nov. 14th at http://de-de.facebook.com/sixscentsp..._fb_noscript=1 Maybe the fragrance industrial complex decided a pre-emptive strike was in order. At least there are still signs of life:

https://twitter.com/SixScentsParfum

Nonetheless, their shop is currently down.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 28th November 2012 at 01:46 PM.

I was also looking forward to the release of Season 4! I heard that the creative director and co-founder Kaya Sorhaindo left the company and is launching a new fragrance project "folie à plusieurs" next year. Here is the link (http://www.folie-a-plusieurs.com/), but there is no information. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it there is still only 2ml testers on their webshop and their facebook fan page has been inactive.

Hm, I just checked their webshop and they also have 50ml bottles of the Series 4 fragrances in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Lorenzato View Post
    I was also looking forward to the release of Season 4! I heard that the creative director and co-founder Kaya Sorhaindo left the company and is launching a new fragrance project "folie à plusieurs" next year. Here is the link (http://www.folie-a-plusieurs.com/), but there is no information. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it there is still only 2ml testers on their webshop and their facebook fan page has been inactive.