Code of Conduct

Default Difference between the Allure Homme Sports?

I'm not huge into the "sport" scents, but I like them enough to own ONE. So...I'm collecting a bunch of sport samples to pit against each other. I have quite a few already, including Allure Homme Sport. However, I do not have Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport or AHS Eau Extreme.

Thoughts on these three? Are they different enough to sample all three? What IS the difference between them? Is there one that projects better/lasts longer?
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Default Re: Difference between the Allure Homme Sports?

Have all three and to me they are different.

I tested the Cologne version and loved the lemon opening which is similar to Edition Blanche, but the projection and longevity was poor. Edition Blanche is a much better option. The Extreme version is more along the lines of Allure Homme than AHS. Personally I prefer the original over Extreme and don't find it has very much in common with AHS.

They are different enough to sample each. The extreme version definitely lasts longest on me & is my preference of the 3, although the cologne version is nice & would fair better if it lasted longer. Extreme has elements of both regular AHS & Allure Homme to me. It's mainly fresh (mandarin & mint undertones), powdery, with a little bit of a pepper kick in the middle & a nice tonka dry down.

Cologne is too light to be worthwile to me. Sport is just right and the definitive version. Eau Extreme is quite sweet, and frankly like it's already been said is more similar to things like Chanel Allure, Dolce & Gabbana The One and other not too powerful sweet scents. The extreme version is not similar to Allure Homme Sport to me.

Ooooh...if Eau Extreme is anything like The One, i'll be very happy.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

My two favorite versions of allure were the Cologne Sport (light, clean lemon/citron that dries to a soapy green musk). you must apply heavily to get a full sense of the soapy drydown.

and the Allure Blanche (vibrant lemon that dries to a dusty opaque cedar and light amber)

Quote Originally Posted by Teach13 View Post
    Ooooh...if Eau Extreme is anything like The One, i'll be very happy.
    Don't take my word for it cause I don't have the most expert nose, but to me Eau Extreme is not similar to the regular sport (that's much lighter, citrusy). Extreme is much sweeter, like Allure and The One sweet to me. More similar to Allure, but very sweet nevertheless. Frankly more suitable for fall imo than in summer, and definitely not a sport frag by any means

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    Don't take my word for it cause I don't have the most expert nose, but to me Eau Extreme is not similar to the regular sport (that's much lighter, citrusy). Extreme is much sweeter, like Allure and The One sweet to me. More similar to Allure, but very sweet nevertheless. Frankly more suitable for fall imo than in summer, and definitely not a sport frag by any means
    That's what I get out of the Extreme version. It's the mint in the beginning and the Tonka in the dry down. Sort of like a Thinmint Girlscout cookie.
    Last edited by silentrich; 8th December 2012 at 10:59 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Eau Extreme is a delicious scent which bears closer to Allure Homme, than any other fragrance in the line. It is my favorite of the sport scents and second to that would be Edition Blanche.