Code of Conduct

Default Female's Perspective

Ok, so, not to brag or anything but I'm a college frat guy who knows a lot of girls (young and old) and I've been doing a statistical experiment for a college class to see which scents women prefer. I've just started today even though it's due next week but here is the analysis for right now with one category COMPLETELY dominating!

Fresh: 31

Gourmand: 5

Citrus: 8

Powdery: 2

Floral: 5

Aquatic: 9

These are the seix main categories that I used for the experiment as I grouped a lot of the subcategories together for example I explained to the girls that Fresh was like vetiver(grassy), woodsy, etc
    Gourmands were just sweet based fragrances minus citrus that was its own category.
    Powdery was its own category cause I believe it to be unique. Aquatic, I guess is the same thing as fresh although it's more spring/summer based and is usually but no always combined with a citrusy background

So, this is just the beginning after one night. If you guys are interested, I'll keep the thread updated until I turn in my project and possibly after if there is enough interest.
    Let me have your thoughts and personal experiences.

My personal opinion: I honestly thought more girls would be into smelling gourmands. I figured it was sexy and they would love to just eat my neck off. However, that is not the case as gourmands is second to last currently. Again, I figured more mature women would be into fresh/masculine scents but college girls and some younger as well are more into fresh scents...surprising, for me at least

I also thought citrus would be a lot higher since I get a lot of compliments during summer when I wear aquatics and citrus based substances.

This really hott girl called me about 30 minutes ago and she's complaining how she's stuck in traffic blah blah and I wasn't really paying attention to anything else she said but then I remembered I should ask her what her opinion was on fragrances and what her favorite scent was. I've hooked up with her before, but I was completely shocked at what I heard, to be honest:
    She said, "I think it's really important for guys to wear colognes. When I smell a guy and he smells really good, it makes me want to have sex with him even if he's not attractive or anything"--She's a very mature 19 year old so I wasn't surprised when she said fresh scents were her favorite. She tried to describe a particular scent that she likes the most and from what I got out of it...it was Acqua Di Gio--go figure lol
    I had a good laugh and responded: "that's why I wear colognes besides it being a hobby. Not all women are going to find me attractive as some girls like blonde and light skinned guys while I resemble a typical European. However, if she gets a good whiff of that La Nuit De l'homme and she has a sweet tooth for gourmands, then I have her attention immediately and let my charisma take over"

Not word for word obviously but pretty much and she had a good laugh and said soooo true
    So, there you have it guys feedback would be nice
    Last edited by Fragrance_Extraordinaire; 9th December 2012 at 04:08 AM.

Default Re: Female's Perspective

Sounds like you hang out with some classy dames.

I also like how you prefaced this blurb with "I'm a frat guy". It kind of made sense from thereon out.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Couldn't even make it through your first sentence, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    I'm not your bro, pal.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

enjoyed the post. good info.

Also enjoyed the post from the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    I'm not your bro, pal.

I'm not your pal, buddy.

Ok, this is really insane. So, I'm getting more input from girls and it's more fresh fragrances that are dominating. I've updated the statistics for now.
    Again, it's not all college girls. I've asked girls on facebook as well so mothers and more mature women have responded.

The majority seem to agree that for men: Fresh is the best
    For women: The majority seem to like citrus based fragrances the most.

The girls that have chosen gourmands I've noticed are all the extremely naughty girls. The girls that tend to put out on first dates or at parties after a few drinks. Or for older women, the cougars.
    This might be just a coincidence but it's something i'll def keep in mind when I write my conclusion/discussion.
    I'm glad I chose this topic

Interesting.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

+1 on this.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Now that I think about it..look back at all the most complimented colognes, a lot of them are fresh based like Issey Miyake, Bleu de Chanel, Acqua di Gio, Polos, Creeds (majority are fresh and oriental/earthy based).
    I wonder if it's a chemical/biological thing in females. Where does this arousing stimulation derive from when they smell fresh fragrances. Hmmmm

Idk whether to believe this La Nuit by YSL hype any more. I love the fragrance. A lot of BNers love the fragrance. It's my favorite in my collection and many claim that girls love it. However, in my personal experience, girls refute it. It makes them nauseous and is too strong.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Let me begin by saying welcome to fragrance_Extraordinaire. Interesting thread you have started. I am not at all surprised by the fact that most of the women you have interviewed go for the fresh scents. My lady has always said the same thing to me as have her sisters. My lady says that a clean, fresh scent such as a vetiver scent, is what a man should smell like. So I guess you are definitely on the right path with your assignment. Please keep us posted here on your further research. It is interesting. Thank you for the thread.

Thanks for the statistical study, but as I don't dress for girls, nor let my mum or girlfriend dress me, I'm not really interested having them pick my scents for me or choosing scents in the hope that it will please or attract them. Maybe that's because I didn't get into scents until I was well into my thirties and engaged.

The spread is pretty much what I'd expect. I would be interested in seeing how it plays out across a broader sample of the female population, both in terms of age and socioeconomic. I'd also be interested in seeing how that compares to the fragrance community, but I think all sides of the fragrance community seem to be interested in smelling how they want to smell rather than caring too much about how they want others to smell or perceive them (although a compliment is always appreciated)

No problem and thanks for your input.

If you guys have any other ideas on how to improve my experiment, let me know

I'll quote what most of the girls have told me: "A fresh, clean, musky-esque type of smell is what I like"
    That's the general view

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Thanks for the statistical stud, but as I don't dress for girls, nor let my mum or girlfriend dress me, I'm not really interested having them pick my scents for me or choosing scents in the hope that it will please or attract them. Maybe that's because I didn't get into scents until I was well into my thirties and engaged.

The spread is pretty much what I'd expect. I would be interested in seeing how it plays out across a broader sample of the female population, both in terms of age and socioeconomic. I'd also be interested in seeing how that compares to the fragrance community, but I think all sides of the fragrance community seem to be interested in smelling how they want to smell rather than caring too much about how they want others to smell or perceive them (although a compliment is always appreciated)
    I agree, though. I wear my colognes for myself. However, if I go to an event or party. I do like to wear something that the majority of people will enjoy and it will make me more approachable rather than unbearable to be around. So, in that sense, I guess fresh scents are the way to go. They are not imposing or direct.

However, I'm that guy that likes to stand out in big crowds and not play it safe. I personally don't care what the majority people think. I'll wear what I like and the people that enjoy it, good for them

This is why I wear La Nuit by YSL everywhere I go :-p

As the sampling seems to be mostly college women and presumably young, the preference for fresh scents comes as no surprise. That is what men their own age wear.

It's a matter of what they are accustomed to.

Then again, if you took a sampling of older female professionals in, say, their 40s, you'd get a different result.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    I'm not your pal, buddy.
    I'm not your BUDDY, PAL!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    I'm not your BUDDY, PAL!
    I'm not your pal, friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    As the sampling seems to be mostly college women and presumably young, the preference for fresh scents comes as no surprise. That is what men their own age wear.

It's a matter of what they are accustomed to.

Then again, if you took a sampling of older female professionals in, say, their 40s, you'd get a different result.
    I would think the opposite. Most younger women like less mature scents. I view fresh scents to be more mature.
    However, i'd say that about 30% of my survey is from older and more mature women and the majority of them also said fresh scents. My mom and sister also agree as well as all my aunts and their daughters. My mom's friend who is 70 said fresh with a citrus base. However, on a wider scale, I agree there should be a nation wide experiment done. Unfortunately, I don't think I can conduct such a thing but I think a fragrance company should invest in such a thing. If what is stated in my experiment is true, that women like fresh scents, I think the market would have a shift in offering more fresh scent based substances.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    Idk whether to believe this La Nuit by YSL hype any more. I love the fragrance. A lot of BNers love the fragrance. It's my favorite in my collection and many claim that girls love it. However, in my personal experience, girls refute it. It makes them nauseous and is too strong.

I'd agree with this. I liked (didn't love) Nuit, but my wife had no interest at all. Easily her least favorite YSL frag I've tried so far.

Meanwhile...I'm not your friend, jackass!! *Love this scene/movie...I read that most of the lines those two delivered in the movie were ad libbed*
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

I would think the opposite. Most younger women like less mature scents. I view fresh scents to be more mature.
    However, i'd say that about 30% of my survey is from older and more mature women and the majority of them also said fresh scents. My mom and sister also agree as well as all my aunts and their daughters. My mom's friend who is 70 said fresh with a citrus base. However, on a wider scale, I agree there should be a nation wide experiment done. Unfortunately, I don't think I can conduct such a thing but I think a fragrance company should invest in such a thing. If what is stated in my experiment is true, that women like fresh scents, I think the market would have a shift in offering more fresh scent based substances.
    I'm sure they have invested in such a thing...

Cool Re: Female's Perspective

The girls that have chosen gourmands I've noticed are all the extremely naughty girls. The girls that tend to put out on first dates or at parties after a few drinks.
    I have nothing to add, I just had to see this on print again.

Long Live Basenotes!
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Only on BN

I thought I'd add another comment from this cute girl on her view:

"On a guy, love the fresh smell!!!! Woodsy for sure, or clean smell. And girls or myself definitely fruitsy or floral. NEVER gourmands, yuck!"

-_- unbelievable

My favorite, gourmands, being ridiculed endlessly

I'm not surprised. Girls like to eat sweets, not smell them.
    Fresh scents and woody scents are what always get attention.
    Boss Bottled and YSL L'Homme are really loved. Maybe it's my skin, but they just smell great. That's why I have 2 100ml's of Boss and about 150ml of L'Homme

Nobody on earth except for us weirdos on basenotes would give a shit, or know what gourmands are in the first place, so that seems to skew the stats a little bit. Are you sampling scents when conducting this?

Because all this really tells me - is what women are used to. Nothing more.

There's no doubt in my mind many women would find something like DHI or Original Santal or New Haarlem far more sexy than something like Acqua di Gio. They simply just don't experience gourmands. If you describe it as "sweet smells," and they don't have much base for that, they'll just think of bubblegum or something, and be turned off. What woman is going to say "ooh I love a man to smell powdery." Very few. But put on some Midnight In Paris, and they'll have no idea that what they're smelling is "powdery."

There are certainly fresh scents that drive women wild (Aventus on line 2), but to me, this study yields far from conclusive evidence of any kind. This post is not at all meant in negative light toward the original poster, not in the least. I appreciate what you've gathered. I just think if you collected multiple heavy hitters from each genre, they results would be far more even.
    Last edited by jamwires; 9th December 2012 at 06:07 AM.

That's a key factor (or flaw whichever way you view it) in my experiment. Unfortunately, I can't get all these girls to come experiment my collection of the various scents of fragrance realm, so I just base it off of what they enjoy smelling.

But you're right. I explained to one girl what Tobacco Vanille smelled like and she said eww Tobacco and Vanilla together? Gross. However, if she actually got around to smelling the well blended fragrance, I don't think she would go ewww. I think she might say it smells nice but not on a man. So, yeah, definitely see where you're coming from and something i'll mention in my conclusion,
    thx

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to do an in person experiment some day. Go to different parts of the city (rather large city) I live in and conduct experiments from various age groups, ethnicities, wealthy/poor etc. For ex: People from school, downtown (business people), and so on and have them each sample a popular fragrance from each genre and choose the best smelling
    That could be a rebuttal to my argument that I present in favor of females preferring fresh scents

Let me guess, you questioned these women at a Dave Matthews Band concert?

Unless these women actually smelled the fragrances, I'm not sure how much you can rely on these results. I suspect that they'd have trouble truly understanding the categories.

"Fresh" is a familiar word and sounds good; not as many people have the same everyday familiarity with the word "gourmand".

"Powdery" sounds awful, but many musks are powdery; if you'd said "musk" I suspect the results on that one would have been different.

People don't think of men wearing flowers, but they also probably don't recognize the floral notes in many fragrances.

Not all gourmands are sweet; not all sweet fragrances are gourmands. The average person would probably interpret vetiver as citrus rather than grassy.

I definitely wouldn't put woody or oriental fragrances in "Fresh". You seem to be equating "fresh" with "masculine", and I don't see that at all. Also, incense and animalic notes have been left out altogether. Leather, smoke civet, ambergris, indoles....left out altogether. That's a huge group of perfumes ignored.

I think that the experiment would have more value if the women actually smelled something. You can't tote a briefcase full of bottles around with you, but you could get a little bit of an idea with, say, scent-dampened cotton balls in baggies.

I might go to the mall tomorrow and get a bunch of test strips and put various fragrances on there and start asking girls at the mall to smell it and then monday go downtown and wednesday at school to round it off.

I might even throw a wild card female marketed fragrance in there and see if any girls would choose it for their man. It would be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me guess, you questioned these women at a Dave Matthews Band concert?

Cause his concert was...fresh?

I get your joke ;b

Welcome to basenotes.
    I think your "fresh" category is misleading as I would classify vetiver as "green" or "woodsy."
    When I think "fresh," and I don't think I'm alone, I think of your "aquatic" and "citrus" category.

Also- I'm not your friend, chum!

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Sounds like you hang out with some classy dames.

I also like how you prefaced this blurb with "I'm a frat guy". It kind of made sense from thereon out.
    This. It's got to be a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenFreak View Post
    Unless these women actually smelled the fragrances, I'm not sure how much you can rely on these results. I suspect that they'd have trouble truly understanding the categories.

"Fresh" is a familiar word and sounds good; not as many people have the same everyday familiarity with the word "gourmand".

"Powdery" sounds awful, but many musks are powdery; if you'd said "musk" I suspect the results on that one would have been different.

People don't think of men wearing flowers, but they also probably don't recognize the floral notes in many fragrances.

Not all gourmands are sweet; not all sweet fragrances are gourmands. The average person would probably interpret vetiver as citrus rather than grassy.

I definitely wouldn't put woody or oriental fragrances in "Fresh". You seem to be equating "fresh" with "masculine", and I don't see that at all. Also, incense and animalic notes have been left out altogether. Leather, smoke civet, ambergris, indoles....left out altogether. That's a huge group of perfumes ignored.

I think that the experiment would have more value if the women actually smelled something. You can't tote a briefcase full of bottles around with you, but you could get a little bit of an idea with, say, scent-dampened cotton balls in baggies.
    After reading this, I have nothing further to add. You are asking for female opinions, well you got one that sums things up pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    This. It's got to be a troll.
    Nice call. I was, for a time in my early college days, in a fraternity. As pledges we had it hammered into our heads that you "wouldn't call your country a c___ so don't call your fraternity a frat." For multiple reasons I ended up leaving the fraternity, but to this day any time I hear the word"frat" I immediately know that guy isn't an actual fraternity guy.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Blog Entries

Just my take on this -

Gourmand = food = fit for eating
    Vanilla = baby = mother love

Fresh = sexy on a man
    Aquatic = sexy on a man

Musk = eeek
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

I wonder if it's a chemical/biological thing in females. Where does this arousing stimulation derive from when they smell fresh fragrances. Hmmmm
    This amused me.

Basenotes Plus

'Easy' girls don't really need excuses. Wear whatever you like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merely View Post
    This amused me.
    I will answer to that - but that is just me. The male skin (because of the hormones) has already a somewhat musky smell (scent) so when you emphasize that with Khoublai Kan ... it is just toooo much. Same with Kouros.

But, when you add a fresh cologne, it is reminiscent of a guy stepping out from the ocean water, muscular and tingling with drops of water, under the sun ...

Again, that is just me.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    I was, for a time in my early college days, in a fraternity. As pledges we had it hammered into our heads that you "wouldn't call your country a c___ so don't call your fraternity a frat." For multiple reasons I ended up leaving the fraternity, but to this day any time I hear the word"frat" I immediately know that guy isn't an actual fraternity guy.
    I had a friend (at a different college) use that line. Stupid. Wanted to punch him in the head. I was in a frat in college (Sigma Nu, if it matters)...called it a frat then...still do...so did many of the other guys in my house. Most trolls that I've seen on BN don't continue to comment on threads.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Not surprised at all by these results, flawed survey or not. Most women I know HATE gourmands. I do too. I don't think there's anything even remotely sexy about smelling like a bakery or a chocolate bar. Just... no. That and really loud fragrances, which the mainstream gourmands often are, are usually no-gos with women. Or people in general.

Where I live, A*Men = the smell of douchebags.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    'Easy' girls don't really need excuses. Wear whatever you like.
    I agree and this is useless info for me.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

What is the difference between 'fresh' and 'citrus' or 'aquatic'. Acqua di Gio is certainly a "fresh" and "aquatic" scent, same goes for Bleu de Chanel. Something like Allure Homme Sport is a 'fresh' and 'citrus' scent. Most citrus and aquatic scents are fresh, so I don't understand your definition of fresh.

I'm not your pal, friend!
    I'm not your friend, guy!

I might go to the mall tomorrow and get a bunch of test strips and put various fragrances on there and start asking girls at the mall to smell it and then monday go downtown and wednesday at school to round it off.

I might even throw a wild card female marketed fragrance in there and see if any girls would choose it for their man. It would be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause his concert was...fresh?

I get your joke ;b
    Interesting research - fascinated what your college degree must be in...

I think it would be a great idea to try out some tester samples in a public environment.

However I do agree that you need to refine your categories a little.

1. Fresh seems to be too broad and too encompassing.
    2. Naming the categories leads to positive or negative associations according to the wording used - who isn't going to agree with the statement that they like fresh smelling fragrances?
    3. You need to include smoke and leather and, I would suggest, wood as separate categories as a minimum.

Finally it would be fascinating to throw in some wild card female-marketed fragrances to see how women responded. If you'd like some suggestions, why not check out the thread 'what female fragrances are even deadlier on the male? - people have been suggesting literally hundreds over the last 10 days.

Happy experimenting.

Here is what you need to do. Not sure if you've seen Street Scents on Youtube, but same idea:

Spray some fragrances on test strips (or just cut some index cards). Make sure to have 3 sample strips (so 3 fragrances) for each category for a total of 18 strips. Go to a big party and tell girls that these are what fresh smells like, what gourmand smells like, etc. and have them smell the strips so they get the idea. It's best to use fragrances that are popular and that girls are already familiar with. Ask them which category they like the best:

I would go with these ones:
    Fresh: Cool Water, Terre D`Hermes, A&F Fierce
    Gourmand: La Nuit, 1 Million, A*Men
    Powdery: Le Male, Armani Code, Allure Homme
    Citrus: Allure Homme Sport, Versace Pour Homme, D&G Pour Homme (current formulation)
    Floral: Leau Dissey Pour Homme, Rive Gauche, Mugler Cologne
    Aquatic: Acqua Di Gio, Bleu De Chanel, Versace Man Eau Fraiche

Quote Originally Posted by Izzie View Post
    Most women I know HATE gourmands. I do too.
    Very interesting & it's nice to finally have some honest female perspective in these types of threads. So...DHI isn't this "holy grail", most complimented frag ever, "sex magnet" BN touts it to be?!? I'm shocked.

Seriously, though, I do believe it's true for the most part that women tend to prefer "fresher", lighter/cleaner scents on men. However, I do think a lot depends on the environment, social setting and simply how it actually smells on an individual vs. the general smell on a test strip. For example, while generally someone may say that they "hate" gourmands, I'm willing to be if an attractive, classy guy, dressed sharply on a cool or cold evening, walked by wearing a light application of something like Tobacco Vanille, LIDGE, New Haarlem, or heck, even A*Men, they would just think he smells nice and not think twice whether or not it's a "fresh" scent or "gourmand". Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    Go to a big party and tell girls that these are what fresh smells like, what gourmand smells like, etc
    I'd avoid words like these, which have their own associations and might influence the results. I'd just call them Group A, Group B, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetspawn View Post
    I'm not your friend, guy!
    I'm not your guy, pal!

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Very interesting & it's nice to finally have some honest female perspective in these types of threads. So...DHI isn't this "holy grail", most complimented frag ever, "sex magnet" BN touts it to be?!? I'm shocked.

Seriously, though, I do believe it's true for the most part that women tend to prefer "fresher", lighter/cleaner scents on men. However, I do think a lot depends on the environment, social setting and simply how it actually smells on an individual vs. the general smell on a test strip. For example, while generally someone may say that they "hate" gourmands, I'm willing to be if an attractive, classy guy, dressed sharply on a cool or cold evening, walked by wearing a light application of something like Tobacco Vanille, LIDGE, New Haarlem, or heck, even A*Men, they would just think he smells nice and not think twice whether or not it's a "fresh" scent or "gourmand". Just a thought...
    However, if the same guy wears something fresh, the women may think he's even sexier.

Even though I sometimes feel like drinking eau sauvage, I love some Sweet ambery spice on a man, and for flowers, coffe, you name it, I say go. Standing out of the crowd is hot!
    But I guess thats because Im a slut. lol

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    I'm not your guy, pal!
    I'm not your pal, sir !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I'm curious if there have been anymore experimenting since the last update as it is a very interesting thread and topic for discussion...

I am most intrigued with Citrus scoring low. I know that Fierce and more upscale citruses were a hit so I am a bit intrigued.