Code of Conduct

Default New Cartier - L'Heure Vertueuse

From perfumeshrine.com

Mathilde Laurent, head perfumer at Cartier since 2006, introduces L'Heure Vertueuse (the virtuous hour), another installment in Les Heures de Parfum collection for connoisseurs issued by the acclaimed jewelry house in tall architectural bottles with latin numbers designed like a somber clock. For this one, representing three o'clock in the morning, "it is time to walk in a magical garden, to breathe the enchanting fragrances of miraculous plants. A unique moment, an aromatic caress of fresh, gentle green notes."

Mathilde further specifies that the new Heure III, L'Heure Verteuse evokes ‘toutes les herbes, aromatiques, sauvages, médicinales, même la lavande, même l’absinthe’ (every herb, aromatic, wild or medicinal, lavender as much as absinth) like a Middle Age herbarium. This green and aromatic fragrance recalls compositions of old which became a symbol of a simple and natural life, like for instance Le Jardin de Mon Curé by Guerlain -or rather her own creation for Guerlain inspired by the garden of her beloved grand-father who died at 101, Herba Fresca.

And yet, Laurent's aim is to present contemporary fragrances, as she reveals her goal: "Comprendre [son] époque, pour proposer des effluves modernes et beaux qui apportent du plaisir." (Understand one's era, so as to present modern and beautiful scents that bring pleasure). In fact L'Heure Vertueuse III draws its inspiration from Corsica and maquis.

L'Heure Vertueuse III by Cartier contains notes of absinth, rosemary, mastic (lentisque), thyme, verbena and lavender to soothe body and spirit. Available as eau de toilette, 75ml exclusively at Cartier boutiques

This instantly reminded me of Diptyque. I'm very excited.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: New Cartier - L'Heure Vertueuse

Next on my list to seriously check out, hedonist.

L'Heure Fougeuese is a masterpiece and the basic premise of this one sounds ideal for me, really looking forward to trying it. Will see if it's arriced here this week!

Basenotes Institution

I smelled this in Tampa (with BN member petruccijc). The Cartier rep (who was hanging out in Neiman's - even though they don't sell Cartier Exclusives in Neimans) had a small tester. OMG I want a bottle. It is medicinal, sharp, green, very naturally smelling lavender with that wonderful torn-branch-leaf accord that I love. It is not very tenacious, but of course this only enforces that the composition is very natural and subtly refreshing. Mr. reasonable, you like Granville, right? I predict you are going to love this one.

Given that I was so psyched to enjoy Lavender Palm by Tom Ford and after I blind bought a mini bottle and was so disappointed, I am really wanting this one. Although for the moment petruccijc gave me a sample of Fourreau Noir by Serge Lutens that is keeping me satisfied. For now.

On the flip side, gosh it's so overpriced. (sigh)
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Excellent! Thanks, Mike - I am, indeed, a fan of Granville and picked up a 250ml for myself for Xmas.

The Cartier SA will give me a ring when it turns up. Denyse also spoke a little about it on Grain de Musc.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I smelled this in Tampa (with BN member petruccijc). The Cartier rep (who was hanging out in Neiman's - even though they don't sell Cartier Exclusives in Neimans) had a small tester. OMG I want a bottle. It is medicinal, sharp, green, very naturally smelling lavender with that wonderful torn-branch-leaf accord that I love. It is not very tenacious, but of course this only enforces that the composition is very natural and subtly refreshing. Mr. reasonable, you like Granville, right? I predict you are going to love this one.

Given that I was so psyched to enjoy Lavender Palm by Tom Ford and after I blind bought a mini bottle and was so disappointed, I am really wanting this one. Although for the moment petruccijc gave me a sample of Fourreau Noir by Serge Lutens that is keeping me satisfied. For now.

On the flip side, gosh it's so overpriced. (sigh)
    Does it smell like the Lavender from the Hermessence line??????
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Basenotes Institution

Well, not really megatropolis. The Hermessence Brin de Reglisse is a very minimal, slightly diluted lavender note, shorn of all of its medicinal, sharp qualities (JC Ellena admitted he sort of stripped away the lavender aroma chemical when he designed the scent) whereas the Cartier is very natural, true, vivid, sharp...aroma-therapeutic, if you will. But instead of smelling simple and boring the supporting elements (torn green branches and leaves, watery terpenoids, aromatics) of this one bolster the lavender and give it a cooling effect that's very unique...without any mint, camphor or eucalyptus, which is brilliant.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Tried it today, finally.

Terrific rustic lavender opening and then within a couple of minutes it seems like Mathilde Laurent is seriously revisiting that amazing freshly cut grass accord that made Herba Fresca an ongoing hit for Guerlain. I'm sure there is more to it and will see if Cartier will spring a proper sample for me to get to know it better but I would have loved it if she took this combination into something a bit more substantial - it's very light weight and you can buy the Guerlain for a third of the price at most counters . . . understandable but disappointing.

I blind bought this last month, I should have tested it out. It is very short lived on my skin and I wish there was something to take the edge off the green..... Like a wood, citrus or incense
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Tried it today, finally.

Terrific rustic lavender opening and then within a couple of minutes it seems like Mathilde Laurent is seriously revisiting that amazing freshly cut grass accord that made Herba Fresca an ongoing hit for Guerlain. I'm sure there is more to it and will see if Cartier will spring a proper sample for me to get to know it better but I would have loved it if she took this combination into something a bit more substantial - it's very light weight and you can buy the Guerlain for a third of the price at most counters . . . understandable but disappointing.
    I haven't smelled Herba Fresca in ages, I own the other AA mint (Mentafollia). Interesting comparison.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Any other thoughts?

for swap/sale:

I really like my decant and would love a bottle of this. Pretty unique to me.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

I wore the heck out of this last summer.
    It's such a vivid evocation of the Mediterranean countryside: slightly anisic lavender, freshly mown fields of grass, a handful of wild mint.
    Longevity is more like a cologne than an EdT, though.
    One *could* say it is a bit of a one trick pony, meaning it does its Green Thing well, but that's it.
    I try not to overthink it.

Basenotes Institution

Wore it today, from a large decant I bought myself, and man oh man what a wonderful fragrance this is. I love it! Green, done in such a unique and yet simple way. Sort of a whiff of something in nature, that you've stumbled upon in a forest - captured in headspace. Hard to describe. One of the BEST modern lavenders I've had the privilege to smell.

-- Eckhart Tolle