Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Yep, worked out, was just wondering if anyone else hard a hard time finding it anywhere, other than from Chanel. In all honesty, the prices at Chanel.com in terms of fragrances are, IMHO, are reasonable.
Chanel took some others off retail stores with Egoiste, Anteus(if I'm spelling it right), and Allure Homme Edition Blanche. Chanel also has a great return policy. They said use it a couple of times and if you don't like it send it back. So I hope that helps. Sometimes you just have to go right to the source since their prices really never change.
Well I got mine from Selfridges in central London (of course I am based in the UK).
The tester bottle they had out for Egoiste was revolting. I've not opened my purchase yet, but the sample I have of Egoiste was really good. I sure hope the Selfridges purchase was a good idea - if their tester is anything to go by, which has probably been out there since the time of Julius Caesar, this juice could be quite old!!!
I purchased a FB of Egoiste a few months back at Neiman Marcus because I was there anyway. Buying directly from Chanel would be my next choice. I wouldn't bother with getting this online anywhere else.
1. Xerjoff - Nio
2. Creed - Aventus
3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
7. Creed - Virgin Island Water
8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
9. Creed - Original Cologne
10. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
Definitely a scent that deserves no taking chances from Internet discounters, hough their sites may be good and their prices affordable for legit, genuine scents, this is one of the few fragrances truly worth getting at almost any price and often, at least to my nose, displaying a complexity and subtlety more befitting niche.