Code of Conduct

Default Mum used to have Inspire, what to get her for Christmas?

Hello!

It's that time of the year again, and as my mum finished her Inspire by Christina Aguilera it's about time to get her something new. But I need some tips!

Nothing powdery, or very heavy old lady stuff. My mum is a very sporty and active woman, so I would like the perfume to reflect some of that, but not too much. Whenever she goes shopping she keeps complaining how she would like to feel more "feminine" (rather than the navy blue stuff she usually goes for). So I would like something similar to Inspire (because she liked it so much), that will make her feel feminine, but nothing heavy or overwhelming.

Us sister's getting it together, so all in all our budget is 30 pounds (regardless of size. Expensive or small or big and cheap, we don't mind. And we'd prefer getting a gift set).

I'm very grateful for any ideas!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Mum used to have Inspire, what to get her for Christmas?

I'd suggest trying Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, it has some of the same notes as Inspire. Also, Calvin Klein Beauty might work.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    I'd suggest trying Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, it has some of the same notes as Inspire. Also, Calvin Klein Beauty might work.
    Agreed!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

For the whole soft fruity-floral vibe that's easy on the wallet, pleasantly scented and appealing to most moms, I would go with Ellen Tracy, either original or Peony Rose. Another one that might reflect her personality and interests is Calvin Klein Secret Obsession (brown bottle).

If you want it slightly sharper, check out Guerlain Champs Elysees -- at least you will be able to tell everyone you have got her a Guerlain.