Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Youre going away for 6 months and have room for only ONE fragrancewhat fragrance do you take?

You’re about to go on a 6 month trip and are limited to carrying ONLY ONE fragrance from your entire collection. What fragrance would you choose if you were limited to just one?

Default Re: Youre going away for 6 months and have room for only ONE fragrancewhat fragrance do you take?

Where am I going?

Default Re: Youre going away for 6 months and have room for only ONE fragrancewhat fragrance do you take?

I'd take the top off an empty 8.4 ounce Creed bottle and fill it with 5ml decants :P

Decants aside though. Depends where I'm going. If I was headed somewhere beachy and tropical I'd take Montale's Sandflowers if it were the dry season and Embruns d'Assouria for the wet. If it were beachy but not tropical I'd consider CSP's Aqua Motu or Annick Goutal's Sables with Sables for a cooler clime and Aqua Motu for a hotter one.

If I was going to a big city like New York or London I'd take something flexible but seriously high-end like Opulent Shaik no.77

If I was going Skiing I'd take a big gourmand like New Harlem or Chocolate Greedy.

If I was going on holiday purely to chill and recharge I'd take a comfort fragrance, something I can wear when I haven't shaved in a week without feeling unbalanced. Probably vintage Givenchy Gentleman.

Lastly if it was more of a wilderness-type holiday, adventure stuff or camping, fishing, anything like that I'd take something like Worth Pour Homme, or some other really old-fashioned 'fresh' powerhouse fougere.

I would prob take MI by Creed since I find it to be the least offensive and works in pretty much any scenario.

Dcampbell

With very little details of the trip I'd take Aventus.

Gengis Khan

gIORGIO BEVERLY HILLS red for men

Either Terre d'Hermes Parfum or Green Irish Tweed. Depends on where I'm heading.

GIT for its versatility.

Sous le Vent (Guerlain)

Aventus
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Exactly what I would do.

Either Bleu de Chanel or Allure Homme

just can't live on one fragrance for the whole 6 months, can't survive that long with just one frag

i'll take Chanel Sycomore with me and will be purchasing a few more bottles once landed.
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Anglique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

The fragrance of green bills, so I can go shopping for more fragrances.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 10th December 2012 at 01:24 AM.

Habit Rouge EDP

Tam Dao

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Where am I going?
    Everywhere. Choose one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    I'd take the top off an empty 8.4 ounce Creed bottle and fill it with 5ml decants :P

Decants aside though. Depends where I'm going. If I was headed somewhere beachy and tropical I'd take Montale's Sandflowers if it were the dry season and Embruns d'Assouria for the wet. If it were beachy but not tropical I'd consider CSP's Aqua Motu or Annick Goutal's Sables with Sables for a cooler clime and Aqua Motu for a hotter one.

If I was going to a big city like New York or London I'd take something flexible but seriously high-end like Opulent Shaik no.77

If I was going Skiing I'd take a big gourmand like New Harlem or Chocolate Greedy.

If I was going on holiday purely to chill and recharge I'd take a comfort fragrance, something I can wear when I haven't shaved in a week without feeling unbalanced. Probably vintage Givenchy Gentleman.

Lastly if it was more of a wilderness-type holiday, adventure stuff or camping, fishing, anything like that I'd take something like Worth Pour Homme, or some other really old-fashioned 'fresh' powerhouse fougere.
    And if I told you, "you're gonna be going everywhere...choose one" what would you take?

Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    Serge Lutens Cuir mauresque
    Carbone de Balmain
    L'Essence de Cerruti
    Zino Davidoff
    Essenza de Zegna
    Mugler Cologne
    Kouros Tattoo
    Insense' Givenchy
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme

Easy choice for me.

DIOR HOMME

Aventus

Guerlainista

vintage Habit Rouge EdT
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Voyage d'Hermes parfum.

Tough call, but as if right now I'd probably go with Gucci Pour Homme II because of it's versatility.

Aventus for sure.

Probably Aventus. If not, GIT since I'd want something super versatile and non-offensive.

Git

Warm weather: Creed Millesime Imperial

Cold weather: Mont Blanc Legend

Either Dior Homme or Creed Green Irish Tweed. I can wear either at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    GIT for its versatility.
    That's where I was going!!
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Esencia Loewe.
    Classy, versatile, centering.

Probably Aventus. DHS, Chez Bond, Chanel Allure Edition Blanche, TdH, and Straight to Heaven would also be considered.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Good question and some interesting responses. Versatility is key if committing to one fragrance for 6 months. I would go with Aventus. Bleu de Chanel would be a close second.

HdP 1740.

Vintage Shalimar I could wear this for a year everyday without getting tired. It is magical to me.

GIT or Aventus
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Givenchy Xeryus Rouge would me mine...

If elegance was the main issue/target/task/request etc., it would most likely be Armani Eau pour Homme

If versatility was the top priority: Rive Gauche pour Homme
    If it mainly involved a casual, informal, outgoing atmosphere favoring gourmands: Burberry London, Gucci Envy, Very Irresistible by Givenchy
    If it mainly involved a casual, informal, outgoing atmosphere, however favoring far more scents on the light side: Mugler Cologne or Voyage d'Hermes EDT
    And these are just immediate, near spontaneously imagined examples about how I'd handle the situation, even more variables could influence my possible decision.

This being said, I guess it would depend a lot on my place of destination, the type of travel, the economic, cultural etc. context of my destination etc., so the choice of a fragrance would become less predictable and highly depending on the context.

Chanel PE or TF GV
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

+100 Creed Aventus

Basenotes Member

Chez Bond

Vintage Le 3me Homme. C'mon people, it's like word association. The first thing that pops into your head is the response.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Easy...

I could live with YSL Rive Gauche pour homme as an alternative, if all the Chanel goste on earth had evaporated... But then again, a world without goste would doubtfully be worth living in....
    - Mark

GOSTE! GOSTE! GOSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

And if I told you, "you're gonna be going everywhere...choose one" what would you take?
    In that case I'd take Secretions Magnifique and use 20 sprays every morning and tell anyone who complained that it's your fault.

Bvlgari pour homme - every time I come back to this scent I'm surprised on its versatility and reactions from those around...

Murdocks's Black Tea.

Kouros would be my prison scent.

Encre Noir at the moment!

When I travel, I always bring with me Acqua di Parma colonia 30ml. Versatile, easy to chuck in the wash bag and very versatile
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Allure Homme Sport
    or
    Givenchy Play
    Arent you a little short for a stormtrooper?

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    When I travel, I always bring with me Acqua di Parma colonia 30ml. Versatile, easy to chuck in the wash bag and very versatile
    I'll second AdP Colonia. There's almost no situation where it won't work....

and I'd also chuck the Colonia shaving balm and bath gel/shampoo in the bag as well.

Knize Ten, hands down.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Sound Scents

vintage Giorgio for Men
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Creed Aventus or Mugler Cologne for all season.

Boss Bottledor Eau des Baux for Fall/Winter.

Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche or Bond no.9 Hamptons for Spring/Summer.

among all the fragrances, today I choose OMNIA BVLGARI

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    This

Don't even need to know where I'm going. The answer is Boss Bottled.

I'd take mine 400ml bottle of CD Eau Sauvage (vintage).
    Versatile and classic scent.
    Wanted: Rochas Macassar

...Timbuktu...!