Code of Conduct

Thread: Compliance help

Default Compliance help

Part of me likes my fragrances! (Step 1, check).

I have some nifty ideas for fragrance marketing and thought about opening an online store to sell them, but before stepping off of that precipice, I want to be sure I am in compliance with everything, and given that I'm basically a fragrance novice, I could use some help/direction from the community here...

Does anyone know of places that will do the applicable safety/compliance tests? I know the big boys have internal departments with dozens of staffers, but I'm wondering if there are labs (north america, preferably) that do it?

I am not that protective of the ingredients, but I know that I will have some issues with bergamot/linalool for example...

I guess I would also need help with packaging standards and listing the ingredients, especially if I want to include the UK.

Help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks

Default Re: Compliance help

Check this article and you can also contact the guest writer, Lisa Leigh:
    http://chemistscorner.com/regulation...ve-compliance/

http://www.leighbusinessgroup.com/

Good luck!
    Customized consultancy on perfume formulation, safety, training and marketing & olfactory research
    I also offer individual online personalised advice on perfume making to anyone eager to learn how to smell and design like a pro
    www.irinatudor.nl

Social platform & research network on all things smelly, daily smelly science twitter feed @SomethingSmelly
    www.somethingsmelly.com

THE thread for all newbies DIY fragrance

Default Re: Compliance help

You will find quite a bit of pragmatic guidance on my blog, particularly the posts on IFRA compliance and The 26 Ingredients.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.