Code of Conduct

Question 20M looking for advice on which fragrances to try based on current favourites

Long time lurker here, finally posting.

My favourite fragrance that I own is Egoiste, I also love Terre D'Hermes, Burberry London, Commes des Garçons 2 Man and L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme. All I can figure out from that is that I like Woody/Spicy fragrances.

I also like lighter, potentially less 'offensive' frags such as Floris No.89 and Cool Water - but can't wear scents that are particularly sweet such as JPG, 1 million, Joop etc, Dior Homme Intense is probably my ceiling in that regard and even that I find slightly too sweet during the opening.

I know it's not a lot to go on, but I'd like to hear (and would appreciate) if anybody can make me any suggestions based on that information alone to help me widen my knowledge and collection?

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 20M looking for advice on which fragrances to try based on current favourites

Try out Costume National Homme
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 20M looking for advice on which fragrances to try based on current favourites

Heeley Cardinal, Sycomore, Encre Noir, Victor and Rolf Antidote, and Gucci Pour Homme I.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Carbone de Balmain

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

For spices, you could try Chanel Antaeus, woody spicy, darker than Egoiste. If you have access to niche, a good brand to explore would be Serge Lutens, which has a lot of spices and incenses (eg Ambre Sultan, Arabie, Fille en aguille).

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Cartier Roadster, Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree, Kenzo Woody, Chopard Noble Vetiver, Voyage d'Hermes EDP, Fahrenheit Absolue are some of the scents that might fit your testing list.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Welcome!

For spices, you could try Chanel Antaeus, woody spicy, darker than Egoiste. If you have access to niche, a good brand to explore would be Serge Lutens, which has a lot of spices and incenses (eg Ambre Sultan, Arabie, Fille en aguille).

cacio

I've smelt Antaeus before, and love it, it's next on my list!

I live in London and I think they sell Serge Lutens in Harrods so I'll definitely try those, thanks for the advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Try out Costume National Homme
    I've been reading quite a bit about this one lately, seems to be making quite a stir, looks like it might be quite hard to come by a tester though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Cartier Roadster, Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree, Kenzo Woody, Chopard Noble Vetiver, Voyage d'Hermes EDP, Fahrenheit Absolue are some of the scents that might fit your testing list.
    I've only tried Chanel PM from this list, and I've got to say I'm a fan, thanks a lot for your suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Heeley Cardinal, Sycomore, Encre Noir, Victor and Rolf Antidote, and Gucci Pour Homme I.
    I've tried Sycomore before and found it really interesting, and would definitely wear it a lot if I invested in it, the GF didn't like it at all though which is something to factor into the price - I've read Encre Noir is very similar (but not to the same standard), would you say that it could be a cheaper alternative for me?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, have no idea if Harrods provide samples so...Les Senteurs will provide free samples to visitors at their two shops, CNH sample can be obtained from myperfumesamples.com who are an American company so you would need to order a few samples to make postage costs worth your while. Personally, If I lived in London I would make full use of Senteurs