Code of Conduct

Default wth? how is Drakkar Noir still a top selling frag?! this entire top selling list on amazon makes no

sense

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers..._bt_1_4_last#2

- - - Updated - - -

FCUK HIM is a top selling frag!!! wow just wow!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Kouros Men is a top selling frag!!! #64!!! I thought sales were so low they were going to discontinue it?

- - - Updated - - -

wth brand is "Yacht Men" and why do they have three frags in the top 100 where there isn't one Creed on there and barely any Hermes?!

This one http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/M...tal-15025.html is $4 on amazon and ranked #72.

Default Re: wth? how is Drakkar Noir still a top selling frag?! this entire top selling list on amazon makes

I never pay attention to those lists.

Default Re: wth? how is Drakkar Noir still a top selling frag?! this entire top selling list on amazon makes

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    But these lists are based on actual sales. These are the frags people actually buy and wear.

And who is wearing Kouros? I haven't smelled that on anyone, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post

there isn't one Creed on there and barely any Hermes?!
    Because in the real world barely anyone has heard of Creed or Hermes.

Basenotes Plus

^^^^Exactly.

If you sort by "Best Sellers in Men's Eau de Parfum" Aventus is actually 4th.

Excellent list. Now you know what NOT to buy if you don't want to smell like a million other men.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    If you sort by "Best Sellers in Men's Eau de Parfum" Aventus is actually 4th.
    Oh you're right. Way more niche scents in the EDP section.

Quote Originally Posted by dagawami View Post
    Excellent list. Now you know what NOT to buy if you don't want to smell like a million other men.
    checking a list like that is a great idea before saying what is your favorite/signature scent

I tend to buy only inexpensive designer fragrances from Amazon. The more expensive stuff, I get from other sellers. I didn't even realize that Amazon sold Creed. (I don't buy Creed, but if I did, it wouldn't occur to me to go to Amazon for it.)

I couldn't really tell you why, but those are my buying habits, so maybe other people similarly only buy a subset of their fragrances from Amazon.

52. Blue 4.2 oz. Eau De Toilette Spray For Men

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    +1. Don't worry about it ....

Those lists may be inaccurate anyway, but even if they weren't, I can actually imagine Drakkar Noir being a top seller, at least according to the social context, the age, the fads, the habits of certain potential and/or actual fragrance customers.

After all, I think that the fragrance market is a highly variable one, so even the apparently more unlikely fragrance preferences are still not completely improbable.

Depends on where you go Cerel. I do a lot of fragrance shopping on Overstock and sometimes I like to sort of the items by popularity. The things at the very top often seem odd to me. Rarely do you see stuff that gets big hype on BN listed amoung the popular stuff.

There's a Chemist not far from me which has a fragrance section and some good bargains. About once a month they get in fifteen or so bottles of Nautica Voyage and price them at $50 for 100mls, sometimes on sale at $29, and without fail every bottle sells within two weeks. Meanwhile they've had Le Male at $30 (40mls) and Burberry London gift packs at $35 (small bottle and body wash) and I don't think they've sold so much as one of either in six months. Another that dissapears pretty fast is Dunhill Desire Blue.

That's reality. Casual fragrance buyers make up the bulk of the market and their choices are often far removed from what the BN crowd loves. Not that I'm surprised since Voygage and Desire Blue are both solid, inexpensive every-day scents for a warm climate. Forget Terre d'Hermes. Forget even finding it for sale let alone seeing it fly off the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by dagawami View Post
    Right! I'm too scared to look at the women's top sellers list. We're dooooomed.