Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default It's New to Me- Guerlain's Homme L'Eau Boisee EDT- Anyone Tried It?

I saw Homme L'Eau Boisee EDT as a new men's Guerlain frag on Strawberrynet.com and wanted to know had anyone tried it yet? It is described as a woody chypre fragrance for men that's crisp, green & enlivening. Contains notes of lime, mint, vetiver India, grass, geranium, woodsy accord, rum & musk. Suitable for summer wear.
    Much like hearing a piece of music that can instantly take you back to a certain time and place, the faintest trace of a fragrance can evoke strong memories and powerful reactions from within.-Roja Dove

Default Re: It's New to Me- Guerlain's Homme L'Eau Boisee EDT- Anyone Tried It?

I have it in my collection and it's very nice IMO.

...replaced the original Homme for its flanker: I like this one better! It's still about lime but in a more transparent and vibrant way. It is a kind of distinguished 'Terre on lime'.

I've tested it and I find it better than Homme and Homme L'Eau . imo

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Sounding Good as I am a Guerlinade Head!
    Much like hearing a piece of music that can instantly take you back to a certain time and place, the faintest trace of a fragrance can evoke strong memories and powerful reactions from within.-Roja Dove

Better than Homme and L'Eau and a very nice scent. I do prefer the Intense version out of this line though.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    Better than Homme and L'Eau and a very nice scent. I do prefer the Intense version out of this line though.
    I did not know there was intense version of Homme L'Eau Boisee! Where did you purchase it from?

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    I did not know there was intense version of Homme L'Eau Boisee! Where did you purchase it from?
    No, there is an Intense version of the original Guerlain Homme.

Ignore the "woody chypre" description for the Boisee flanker. It's BS. The comment about a Lime Terre d'Hermes is about right (but it hasn't got the mineral flint note, it is smokey instead). This summer I wanted to get a good Lime frag, and a good Vetiver frag. I got both in one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    No, there is an Intense version of the original Guerlain Homme.

Ignore the "woody chypre" description for the Boisee flanker. It's BS. The comment about a Lime Terre d'Hermes is about right (but it hasn't got the mineral flint note, it is smokey instead). This summer I wanted to get a good Lime frag, and a good Vetiver frag. I got both in one.
    Everything he said!

For me, GHI > GHEB = GH > GHE

Gotta recommend the shampoo / aftershave / deo on GH as well. It goes with all of them.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I think I have to have this one for Spring and summer. What is the longevity and sillage like?

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    It is a kind of distinguished 'Terre on lime'.
    The vetiver in it certainly gave me this vibe in the base. I believe it is a flanker of a the flanker Homme L'Eau, and to my nose has the same slightly sickly sweet lemon opening of Homme L'Eau (this may be due to how I'm perceiving citrus with the rum note). Definitely woodier, and while I'd like some of those woody and vetiver notes in the original Homme, I seem to be in the minority that I still prefersthe original Homme.

For me it's:

Homme > Homme Intense > GHEB

The sugarcane-mojito in Homme that made it so special is gone in GHEB

Ive never even heard of it before
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    I saw Homme L'Eau Boisee EDT as a new men's Guerlain frag on Strawberrynet.com and wanted to know had anyone tried it yet? It is described as a woody chypre fragrance for men that's crisp, green & enlivening. Contains notes of lime, mint, vetiver India, grass, geranium, woodsy accord, rum & musk. Suitable for summer wear.
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 11th December 2012 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ete View Post
    For me it's:

Homme > Homme Intense > GHEB

Yep. Glad I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ete View Post
    True, there's no mojito accord in GHEB, no sugarcane, and the mint and rum are too weak.

Unfortunately, as special as the mojito accord is in GH and GHI, it is very fleeting, it doesn't last, and you are left with either wood or patchouli notes that I find too simple and boring.

The lime in GHEB seems to go on for far longer than a citrus note has any right too...

much better than G H, a bit of a skin scent on me!

Have it and love it. Great projection and longevity. Have bought it for summer but it's great in autumn as well.
    It doesn't beat L'Homme Intense for me though: that's just awesome.
    Might get L'Eau as well next spring...

...in fact I think this is the only non redundant flanker of the Guerlain masculine line (except for the EDP versions).

I own all 4 versions of Guerlain Homme.

L'Eau > L'Eau Boisee > Homme > Homme Intense

In that order. L'Eau is one of my favorite summer fragrances. L'Eau Boisee opens similar to L'Eau but really emphasizes wood and vetiver in the heart and base. It's almost spicy on my skin. I wear it in the spring and fall.