Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: The CREED saga...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetspawn View Post
    Just stay the hell away from Creed. Their dogshit quality control will make you crazy as you try to find a "good" batch.
    ^ translation: bah humbug!

just got a batch of creed samples.
    first one i tried today was GIT.

My word! What a scent, 4 hours later i can still smell the scent on me! I was surprised how feminine it was, not overly just a nice waft.
    This was my first time trying a niche fragrance. Btw it smell nothing like cool water! How anyone can come up with such a comparison is crazy!!

This is a very mature, classy scent. I wore it on a 38 degree day and it made me feel rich, happy and very dapper.

Can't wait to try the others, starting with aventus!

edit: its come to my attention why this smells feminine to me, its because it feels like you have this absolutely beautiful brunette walking beside you all the time!!
    I love this soooo much. Going to buy a full bottle as soon as i can.
    Last edited by slider17; 13th December 2012 at 06:13 AM.

Also wearing GIT today

I rather enjoyed SMW. Very pleasant.

Windsor is magnificent... I have the 2011 and it makes me wonderfully happy.

1. SMW
    2. IM
    3. AVENTUS
    4. GIT

Tomorrow sample n 5

It's hard to believe that Creed has such consistency problems from batch to batch with their fragrances. It seems that their apparent lack of ability to consistently manufacture the same fragrance is what's creating so much dissension between the lovers and haters of this company's juices.

The idea that this is allowed to happen by a company with such an expensive product is perplexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noteworthy View Post
    It's hard to believe that Creed has such consistency problems from batch to batch with their fragrances. It seems that their apparent lack of ability to consistently manufacture the same fragrance is what's creating so much dissension between the lovers and haters of this company's juices.

The idea that this is allowed to happen by a company with such an expensive product is perplexing.
    It's not like they try to make them different. The reason there are variations is that the ingredients they use are not always exactly the same due to them being "natural" (read into that whatever you want, they are all synthetics). Still, I think the batch variation this is EXTREMELY overplayed in the fragrance community. Sure, Aventus had some issues, but for the last year now it's been fine, same with most of the other Creeds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    It's not like they try to make them different. The reason there are variations is that the ingredients they use are not always exactly the same due to them being "natural" (read into that whatever you want, they are all synthetics). Still, I think the batch variation this is EXTREMELY overplayed in the fragrance community. Sure, Aventus had some issues, but for the last year now it's been fine, same with most of the other Creeds out there.
    Thanks for the feedback on this, OV.

When I first thought about ordering my first Creed product (Aventus) a couple weeks ago through BN's split forum, I had real reservations about putting my money out there after reading all the negative comments about "bad" batches and "good" batches. I'm glad I did it. I really like what I got.

I'm watching TLS' reaction to the samples he's using for possible future Creeds I may try.

Sampling Virgin Island Water today...

- - - Updated - - -

1. SMW
    2. IM
    3. Aventus
    4. GIT
    5. VIW

Tomorrow last sample!

- - - Updated - - -

1. SMW (great smell but poor longevity)
    2. IM
    3. AVENTUS
    4. GIT
    5. VIW
    6. RW

Well I have to say I'm happy that I got through this sampling week!
    My favourite scents are waiting for me now!
    Thank you for reading my posts!

I guess, in the end, I like SMW the most. Some say Himalaya is better... Is it similar to SMW? Maybe with better longevity?