Code of Conduct

Red face Looking for some valuable recommendations....

Heyyyyy guysssss....I'm new to basenotes....If my top 5 are Pardon, Tuscan leather, Back to black, Dior homme intense, and Original santal.....Wat according to you should i try????? I hope basenotes welcomes me with open heart.....Lookin for some valuable suggestions.....

Default Re: Looking for some valuable recommendations....

Welcome! Perhaps Full Incense by Montale - for something a tad different.

Chergui by Serge Lutens

There are several classics that you will become aware of as you hang out on the board.

A couple of inexpensive ones you could try out are:
    New York by Parfums De Nicolai
    Knize ten by Knize

I suggest you do one of two things:
    1) Pick out a house you like and become familiar with their scents. Get samples or buy decants.
    2) Select a note you like and discover the ways different houses use that scent. Once again get samples and decants.

Colognes are personal and what I like you maybe will or will not like. You have your whole life to play with this, so do rush it...just enjoy the journey.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Welcome!

I second Knize Ten, a leather that's more intense than Tuscan Leather. You can also check Chanel Cuir de Russie for a smoother leather instead.

And since you like assertive perfumes, perhaps you can try Caron Yatagan, intensely green, then woody animalic.

cacio

Welcome welcome! Yeah as per what cacio mentioned above, you seem to favour the 'heavier' scents, so Chanel's Cuir de Russie is a good start.

Depending on where you are staying, you can (and should) order some samples online:

EU - http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/

US - http://www.luckyscent.com/

Enjoy!

Hi and welcome to basenotes!

You have good taste those are excellent fragrances. I would recommend checking out Amouage like Jubilation or Memoir Man for luxury scents that would stand up quality wise with the frags you already have.

@Jack hunter.....hiiiiii....thanks for the suggestions.....Yeah i was planning to buy jubilation....i blind bought reflection and enjoy it quite a bit....My expectations from jubilation are a lot as most people claim it to be best from amouage....I'll surely thank you once i buy it now and wen i'm enjoying it....

@ livingdead....Yeah, thanks for the suggestions mate....I'll surely sample it...

@ Cacio....Thanks for the welcome mate....The way you've described yatagan, i am surely gonna sample it soon....Will also try the other two...thank u so much for the suggestions...

@digger51....Well i would keep in my mind wat you've suggested.....i know wat you mean....wish you the same fun with the journey too....thank you for ur suggestion....

@ royaljester....i already own chergui and enjoy it a lot....thank you for ur suggestions...

@ hednic.....i'm a big montale fan...i'll surely sample it....

Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. A little spicier, but a nice leather whiff and I think you'll enjoy it if you like Tuscan Leather.

I also love Knize Ten. A floral leather, but it's the best in that category, IMO.

Going off of Tuscan Leather, in terms of more leathers, sample SMN Nostalgia and peau d'espagne. I would think the latter might be too straight up acidic/medicinal leather for what you're looking for, but they're both unbelievable scents.

Also maybe Tauer's Lonestar Memories...I thought I'd like this one a lot more than I do, but it's an interesting frag. It's much sweeter to my nose than others, but based on the last day or two of posting, it seems like sweet scents are magnified by my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy boy View Post
    Heyyyyy guysssss....I'm new to basenotes....If my top 5 are Pardon, Tuscan leather, Back to black, Dior homme intense, and Original santal.....Wat according to you should i try????? I hope basenotes welcomes me with open heart.....Lookin for some valuable suggestions.....
    Cuir Ottoman for a fantastic leather
    Borneo 1834 - a brilliant cocoa patchouli
    Fumerie Turque - honeyed tobacco

You'd love them all

Welcome to BN's!! From the things you've listed, you might want to try Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur.

If you haven't already, go to luckyscent.com. They sell samples like (theperfumedcourt.com). I also like their search box function, you can enter a bunch of notes you enjoy into the box (e.g. cedar vanilla neroli) and it will automatically show you fragrances that have those notes (it can be fun when you're bored)

Quote Originally Posted by andy88c View Post
    Tauer's Lonestar Memories...I thought I'd like this one a lot more than I do, but it's an interesting frag. It's much sweeter to my nose than others, but based on the last day or two of posting, it seems like sweet scents are magnified by my nose.
    Andy88c:
    I totally agree with you here. Lonestar is straight up vanilla/amber in the drydown to my nose as well.

L instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme or Jubilation XXV. Sorry so late.
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

Welcome to basenotes. Yatagan is excellent. For a dark woody male floral I suggest the newest version of Van Cleef & Arples pour Homme. The vintage is even more dense and complex but costs quite a bit more, the latest in the black box is almost spot on though.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci