Code of Conduct

Default Eau Sauvage fraicheur cuir question

I went to france last summer and was finally able to test and consequently buy a bottle of the awesome Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir.

Recently a relative smelled it on me and insistet he had to have it, so now I'm on the hunt for him.

On foreign ebay sites I stumbled over Eau Sauvage Leather Freshness, which looks like exactly the same juice (and fraicheur cuir = leather freshness, isnt it?).

My question is basically whether it indeed is the very same stuff.

Have you seen it as fraicheur cuir or as leather freshness?

thanks for all replies

Default Re: Eau Sauvage fraicheur cuir question

I am not definitive of the answer to your question but I think it's the same.
    Also, just to let you know that you can buy Fraicheur Cuir from Strawberrynet.
    It's in stock there and it's quite cheap.

Cheers, only problem is the shipping.
    I E i cant buy from outside of the EU without MAJOR difficulties with the duty customs etc.
    But thanks a lot, in both regards.

Bought it from Strawberrynet too. Yes, on one side of the box it says leather freshness. It's the same stuff.

How is the longevity on your skin? On me it's not so good.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

more than decent for a citrus frag.
    I have had trouble with the usual Eau Sauvage and was concerned with fraicheur cuir but i got commented twice some 4-5 hours into the wearing, and thats already more than I expect from a fresh scent.

I think the leather touch, whatever ingredients might acoount for it, is not as airy and holds longer onto you.
    Additionally, Fraicheur Cuir doesnt really depend on nor change due to my body chemistry which means I can without problem enhance by spraying a little onto the shirt.

I see you are from Germany. Ironically, I purchased my bottle in Germany at the airport.

I saw Fraicheur Cuir yesterday in a shop (Kobberger) in Frankfurt. Perhaps you can order it by phone.

Hi, I see now suddenly a few bottle of Eau Sauvage Fraicheur ciur popping up some internet shops.
    Can somebody please tell me more about this Eau Savage Edition?
    It seems to be a limited edition from 2007,right?
    Or was it now relaunched in 2010? Is it now constantly available or still limited?
    Is there only an EDT spary available or also an After Shave? Any answers and help very welcome.....
    Thanks a lot in advance
    Markus

I just ordered this (blind) from StrawberryNet - I hope it's real...

Quote Originally Posted by centerpin View Post
    Hi, I see now suddenly a few bottle of Eau Sauvage Fraicheur ciur popping up some internet shops.
    Can somebody please tell me more about this Eau Savage Edition?
    It seems to be a limited edition from 2007,right?
    Or was it now relaunched in 2010? Is it now constantly available or still limited?
    Is there only an EDT spary available or also an After Shave? Any answers and help very welcome.....
    Thanks a lot in advance
    Markus
    Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir started out as a limited edition. It was very hard to find online just within few months of launch as it got sold quite quickly. The sales pitch definitely caught speed when the limited edition mantra was used. However, like you've said, it is quite easily obtainable at very reasonable prices online. I believe it could well be part of the regular line since it's so widely available. I've only seen bottles of EDT and haven't seen any Fraicheur Cuir Aftershave. Apparently it has some leather freshness added to the original eau sauvage though some people do have difficulty smelling that leather in this. I must admit I have never tried it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line View Post
    I just ordered this (blind) from StrawberryNet - I hope it's real...
    I don't think you need to worry about the authenticity when you buy from StrawberryNet. I don't know of any instance where someone suspected them to sell counterfeit goods.

what a quick answer-fantastic-I couldn┤t resist and I┤ve ordered now 3 bottles in Germany for a reasonable price.
    I can┤t wait to get it.
    thanks again for your help.
    regards
    Markus

Sur la Plage

It prefer it immensely over the original Eau Sauvage.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It prefer it immensely over the original Eau Sauvage.
    As do I, the dry down for this just does it for me.

Aw, I forgot to repost.

So I went ahead and bought the bottle and guess what - on one side it says leather freshness on the other fraicheur cuir. So all th etrouble unnecessary.

I remember some 18 moths back when this has got quite a bit of rave and hunt - down for the possibility of being limited in its release. I recall one of the other cool water lovers having picked up a couple at an airport to be sure.
    However during my holiday in france it was everpresent and it well deserves to be. I will be locking to rebuy, once my bottle is dry but its not fo rme during winter time.
    Last edited by timaru; 11th February 2010 at 07:41 PM.

So I did a blind buy yesterday of altogether 7 bottles, but it still seems that it is at least available on the internet when you really try and surf around a bit.
    I┤ve called Dior in GErmany today and they┤ve told me that it is still a limited edition not available e.g. in Germany unless you go to a duty free store.
    The release was in 2007 and she thinks that it was officially produced only for 3 months, so the Dior employee thinks that the offered bottles are just the rest of the 2007 production.
    Does anyone have an update on that or another information?
    regards
    MArkus

Quote Originally Posted by centerpin View Post
    The release was in 2007 and she thinks that it was officially produced only for 3 months
    My bottle and its box have a 8R04 batch code which makes it a 2008 made batch.
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

Really glad I have a bottle of this in my collection.

I bought it from Strawberrynet as well and love this fragrance. An interesting fragrance that can be worn to work.

I was under the impression that this was a limited edition, too. Is it part of the regular Dior lineup?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I was under the impression that this was a limited edition, too. Is it part of the regular Dior lineup?
    Primrose, I'm pretty sure it was a limited edition only.