Code of Conduct

Default Dating a vintage 2-ounce L'Heure Bleue parfum still-sealed

Please help me date this bottle of Guerlain's L'Heure Bleue parfum. It is still sealed, mint in box with what I had not seen before, a pillowy paper collar embossed "Guerlain". It appears to be 2 ounce, has a paper label on bottom, a ground glass stopper, ground smooth on the bottom, engraved with a number on bottom (to match stopper and bottle?) and is in its original satin-lined ivory-and-burgundy/brown paper-covered hinged presentation box whose only markings are "Guerlain" on the front and "Made in France" on the back. While there is no evidence of leakage, the juice level indicates some evaporation (how?). How old do you think it is? A range?
    Other photos at http://helenkmarshall.shutterfly.com/169
    Last edited by hkmarshall; 10th December 2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added photo

Default Re: Dating a vintage 2-ounce L'Heure Bleue parfum still-sealed

Slight evaporation is very common even in sealed bottles to my knowlegde.Its a baccarat bottle. Dunno about the age though, but there is a lot of info on guerlain bottles online. A stunner !

Well its in the baccarat bottle that it is so famous for. The packaging and the art nouveau style lettering on the label was the presentation used from 1910 to the mid 1930's I've never seen that type of collar on a bottle though. It is very possible that you have a 100 year old perfume! The colour is a little dark, but it should still smell amazing!

I have the same bottle, 2 ounces etc. and I assume mine is 50-60 years old (so did the seller). My bottle had practically no evaporation before I opened it and the color appeared to be slightly lighter than yours (or is it the picture / flash?). You can expect that the floral notes have partially disintegrated. The real deal here is the rich natural musk base. I would say this is your reference for a heavily musky base. Wonderful!

Thanks! I'm guessing 1960s or early 1970s based on knowing the owner and when she likely would ever have come into this item. What intrigues me is the puffy paper collar. I've never seen one before, probably because it was something that would be thrown away. Has anyone else ever seen such a collar?