Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: What is the cleanest, soapiest, fresh out of the shower frag out there?

nautica voyage ...under 20 bucks for a 3.4

Default Re: What is the cleanest, soapiest, fresh out of the shower frag out there?

Prada Amber pH
    Burberry Touch

T. Mugler Cologne +1
    Prada (Man) Amber +1
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"...I don't want to miss that...

Current Top 15 Summer: | Tom Ford Grey Vetiver | Shiseido Basala |
    Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme | Chanel Bleu | Guerlain Homme Intense | Armani Emporio Lui | Cartier Pasha | Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee | D&G Light Blue PH | Givenchy PH Blue Label | C.Herrera 212 Men | T.Mugler Ice*Men | Bvlgari Aqva PH | Kiton Black | Bvlgari PH Soir |
    Currently wearing: Visit by Azzaro

I've never smelt Mugler before, but Creed Original Vetiver was my first Creed and I found it a very mild and delicate scent. Of course it's best used in the summer, but I can see it working on some days in other seasons too.

Basenotes Junkie

I can fully recommend Creed Original Vetiver, especially if you like Mugler Cologne. To me, Original Vetiver is in the same ballpark scentwise, but with more quality and a drydown that smells better and more natural.

Huge difference? For me it's enough to warrant the Creed, but I guess that's not for everyone. At least try it out.

BVL
    Infusion
    FK Cologne Pour Le Matin

The Body Shop White Musk for Men Eau de Toilette.....under $30 for 100ml
    Currently wearing: Diorella by Christian Dior

Mugler Cologne

Great minds think alike bro! 2nd that!
    Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Neroli Portofino
    Original Vetiver

More great recommendations that I will be checking out. I really appreciate all the ideas. I am enjoying some cooler weather scents, but am planning ahead a bit for some new hot weather scents.

...Yatagan by Caron (the cleanest), Antihéros by Etat Libre d'Orange (the soapiest) and Eau de Campagne by Sisley (the freshest).

Himalaya and Mugler....

Kouros.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

Mugler Cologne

Prada Infusion, Prada Amber, Creed OV, Kouros, Sung Homme.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Sung Homme is a beast. If you want soap coming out of your ears this is it.

Mugler Cologne is nice. I prefer Infusion D'Homme because it lasts longer on me, but if it's too sweet then Mugler Cologne should suffice.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar

I do recommend Original Vetiver and also Prada Infusion d'Hommme if you want clean and soapy. I really like Prada Amber pour Homme but I don't seem to get as much soap in this as others. It's a great fragrance and definitely clean, but at least for me, not as soapy as the other two.
    I don't have a signature fragrance. My signature changes a little bit every day, why shouldn't my fragrance?
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

Gendarme is exactly what you are looking for. Dry cleaned and showered. Women love this scent.

Mugler Cologne works well for these purposes. It is actually based on the scent of a soap Mugler used as a child.

I also use Clean Provence when I want to smell freshly showered as it is also based on the scent of a soap. Can be found online at very inexpensive prices.

Prada Iris d'Infusion (original/femme/unisex) is very clean, but a bit more complex - it references a soapy vibe but smells like a fragrance.

Others you may want to check out:

Bond No. 9 "Fire Island", which is allegedly the scent of Bain de Soliel tanning lotion, but I get more of an airy saltwater/laundry/soap vibe - well executed but pricey.

Jennifer Aniston - sort of "Gendarme" meets "Bobbi Brown Beach" - very clean/chlorinated pool water/soap/coppertone - this is what I wore daily last summer

My "cloak of invisibility" is a crafter's fragrance oil dupe of Downey April Fresh which I blend in perfumer's alcohol. It costs me about $3/100ml. This is the ultimate in fresh and clean as you literally smell of fresh laundry. It certainly doesn't have a lot of personality, but that is the whole point of "fresh and clean" isn't it? Hygiene as a personal aesthetic.

Mugler Cologne
    Prada Amber Pour Homme
    Gendarme
    Gendarme Sky
    Serge Lutens L'eau
    Aqua Universalis
    Aqua Universalis Forte
    Sung Homme
    Himalaya
    Coton Egyptien
    Champaca Absoluta

These are the more closer renditions of soapy fragrances. Others have a soapy vibe such as Original Vetiver, Grey Vetiver, Fire Island but overall don't conjure up the idea of soapy.
    Try each one and decide what you like best because after all, fragrances are entirely subjective.

Etienne Aigner II
    Sergio Tachinni

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Basenotes Plus

I like Mugler cologne, but I prefer Creed's Original Vetiver.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Nasomatto Silver Musk
    This, the smell of purity.

I would add Sologne PDN, a lovely neroli centered eau de cologne. In fact, GF Trumper Eau de Cologne is really good at that too
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Drakkar Noir has always been the definition of soapy in my opinion.

Mugler Cologne.

If you just want a fresh scent..CK Be.

I agree with the Gendarme call. Neroli Portofino is fresh, but more standing on the beach fresh!

Creed Original Vetiver.

penhaligons castile

GIT, i wouldnt call it soapy but its the freshest ive smelt to far.