Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is the cleanest, soapiest, fresh out of the shower frag out there?

I'm looking for a soapy clean and fresh scent that will last. Prada Infusion d' Homme is close to perfect for this role but is just a bit sweet and goes a little toward the feminine side, though I still love it.

I have read great things about Mugler Cologne, but I can't quite make up my mind. I was just wondering what else fits the bill.

I have Rive Gauche PH on the way to me, which seems fresh in a different way.

Default Re: What is the cleanest, soapiest, fresh out of the shower frag out there?

I'd say Mugler Cologne, of the ones I've tried. After that, Gendarme; but I prefer Mugler right now.

Prada is too strong for me. It smells like I used a very, very strong smelling soap, and I don't like it any more.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Default Re: What is the cleanest, soapiest, fresh out of the shower frag out there?

Rochas Moustache or Musc Nomade :P

Ah yes, I was just looking at Gendarme as well.

I will also have a look at Moustache and Musc Nomade. Though I am reading that Moustache has a civet scent?

Mugler is great... casual fresh out of the shower
    Prada Amber pour homme is a more sophisticated take and I think more manly than Prada Infusion d' Homme
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Agree with above - Prada Amber Pour Home

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    Mugler is great... casual fresh out of the shower
    Prada Amber pour homme is a more sophisticated take and I think more manly than Prada Infusion d' Homme
    i was also going to say PRADA Amber Pour Homme
    Gendarme Sky
    Clinique Chemistry
    Issey Miyake Summer Scents

Bijan nude for men
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

Sound Scents

+1 Mugler Cologne.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie

Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco

I will also have a look at Moustache and Musc Nomade. Though I am reading that Moustache has a civet scent?
    I'm playing with you. Moustache is one of the dirtiest smells ever bottles. Musc Nomade, as the name might suggest, is rather musky, a very acrid musk at that.

Another for Mugler Cologne

Nasomatto Silver Musk

Mugler cologne, Gendarme, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, Creed Original Vetiver & Prada Amber pour homme all fit the bill. The best values out of these would be Mugler and Gendarme IMO. Gendarme is probably the "simplest" and least feminine of the group. Generally, though, the clean/soapy scents could all be considered unisex. My favorite out of the bunch, just based on smell alone, is Neroli Portofino. It's also the most expensive per ml unfortunately.

To me, it takes the best of Mugler & Gendarme & leaves out the "worst" (although neither really have "bad" elements). I like the prada, but it's not really an every day for me and is more of a "dress up" fragrance. Creed OV has a similar smell/vibe to Mugler, but if it weren't for the price, many would prefer it to the Mugler. I'd suggest getting samples of all, or at least a few of these and see which one wears best on your skin. Good luck...the "soapy" scents are some of my go-to favorites when I just want a break from the heavier stuff, or simply want to smell fresh & clean and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    I'm playing with you. Moustache is one of the dirtiest smells ever bottles. Musc Nomade, as the name might suggest, is rather musky, a very acrid musk at that.
    Okay, I admit to my gullibility, because I was totally looking into those two!

Prada Amber ph

Basenotes Plus

I'll go with Creed Original Vetiver.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Here are the samples I went with from PC:

Mugler Cologne
    Gendarme Sky
    Gendarme 20
    Creed Vetiver
    Rochas por Homme

Azul/Animale Parfums
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Neroli Portofino
    Original Vetiver

I also suggest Neroli Portofino. It has a great Neroli note that is backed by some citrus while remaining very fresh and suprisingly light with good longevity overall.

I also really enjoy Original Vetiver. It's sort of like Mugler cologne, but I think the OV is much better.

Many great scents has already been mentioned! Especially Mugler cologne, Gendarme (try both the Gendarmes for men and Gendarme Carrierre since clean scents are easily unisex as fit&frag'd mentioned), Nasomatto Silver Musk, Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco (affordable!). I'd like to add Il Profumo Musc Bleu (really smells like soap) and Escentric Molecules "Molecule 02" which isn't a classic clean fragrance but smells divine. Good luck!

To add a few that haven't been mentioned yet..

MFK Aqua Universalis/Forte
    L'eau Serge Lutens
    Tauer Orange Star

All three smell like a laundromat.

Yes . . . I like Infusion d'Homme and it is practically perfect for clean, soapy and fresh.

After that I'd reach for:

Eaux de Caron Pure http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120545.html

Versace Baby Blue Jeans http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120154.html

Or, failing all else . . . this:

26132062.jpg

CLEAN Shower Fresh for Men http://www.basenotes.net/ID26132062.html

Cheers . . . Wally

Himalaya when I wanna feel squeeky clean, fresh, and soapy.

Virgin Island Water by Creed. Makes me feel like im having a soapy bath in the Caribbean as I'm sipping on some coconut juice, YUM

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    Himalaya when I wanna feel squeeky clean, fresh, and soapy.
    Creed Himalaya for me as well.

Gold Man

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Add:

Old Spice White Water
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Dunhill Pure
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

nautica voyage ...under 20 bucks for a 3.4

Prada Amber pH
    Burberry Touch

T. Mugler Cologne +1
    Prada (Man) Amber +1
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |

I've never smelt Mugler before, but Creed Original Vetiver was my first Creed and I found it a very mild and delicate scent. Of course it's best used in the summer, but I can see it working on some days in other seasons too.

Basenotes Junkie

I can fully recommend Creed Original Vetiver, especially if you like Mugler Cologne. To me, Original Vetiver is in the same ballpark scentwise, but with more quality and a drydown that smells better and more natural.

Huge difference? For me it's enough to warrant the Creed, but I guess that's not for everyone. At least try it out.

BVL
    Infusion
    FK Cologne Pour Le Matin

The Body Shop White Musk for Men Eau de Toilette.....under $30 for 100ml

Mugler Cologne

Great minds think alike bro! 2nd that!
    Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Neroli Portofino
    Original Vetiver

More great recommendations that I will be checking out. I really appreciate all the ideas. I am enjoying some cooler weather scents, but am planning ahead a bit for some new hot weather scents.

...Yatagan by Caron (the cleanest), Antihéros by Etat Libre d'Orange (the soapiest) and Eau de Campagne by Sisley (the freshest).

Himalaya and Mugler....

Kouros.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

Mugler Cologne

Prada Infusion, Prada Amber, Creed OV, Kouros, Sung Homme.

Sung Homme is a beast. If you want soap coming out of your ears this is it.

Mugler Cologne is nice. I prefer Infusion D'Homme because it lasts longer on me, but if it's too sweet then Mugler Cologne should suffice.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

I do recommend Original Vetiver and also Prada Infusion d'Hommme if you want clean and soapy. I really like Prada Amber pour Homme but I don't seem to get as much soap in this as others. It's a great fragrance and definitely clean, but at least for me, not as soapy as the other two.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Gendarme is exactly what you are looking for. Dry cleaned and showered. Women love this scent.

Mugler Cologne works well for these purposes. It is actually based on the scent of a soap Mugler used as a child.

I also use Clean Provence when I want to smell freshly showered as it is also based on the scent of a soap. Can be found online at very inexpensive prices.

Prada Iris d'Infusion (original/femme/unisex) is very clean, but a bit more complex - it references a soapy vibe but smells like a fragrance.

Others you may want to check out:

Bond No. 9 "Fire Island", which is allegedly the scent of Bain de Soliel tanning lotion, but I get more of an airy saltwater/laundry/soap vibe - well executed but pricey.

Jennifer Aniston - sort of "Gendarme" meets "Bobbi Brown Beach" - very clean/chlorinated pool water/soap/coppertone - this is what I wore daily last summer

My "cloak of invisibility" is a crafter's fragrance oil dupe of Downey April Fresh which I blend in perfumer's alcohol. It costs me about $3/100ml. This is the ultimate in fresh and clean as you literally smell of fresh laundry. It certainly doesn't have a lot of personality, but that is the whole point of "fresh and clean" isn't it? Hygiene as a personal aesthetic.

Mugler Cologne
    Prada Amber Pour Homme
    Gendarme
    Gendarme Sky
    Serge Lutens L'eau
    Aqua Universalis
    Aqua Universalis Forte
    Sung Homme
    Himalaya
    Coton Egyptien
    Champaca Absoluta

These are the more closer renditions of soapy fragrances. Others have a soapy vibe such as Original Vetiver, Grey Vetiver, Fire Island but overall don't conjure up the idea of soapy.
    Try each one and decide what you like best because after all, fragrances are entirely subjective.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Etienne Aigner II
    Sergio Tachinni

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Basenotes Plus

I like Mugler cologne, but I prefer Creed's Original Vetiver.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Nasomatto Silver Musk
    This, the smell of purity.

I would add Sologne PDN, a lovely neroli centered eau de cologne. In fact, GF Trumper Eau de Cologne is really good at that too
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Drakkar Noir has always been the definition of soapy in my opinion.

Mugler Cologne.

If you just want a fresh scent..CK Be.

I agree with the Gendarme call. Neroli Portofino is fresh, but more standing on the beach fresh!

Creed Original Vetiver.

penhaligons castile
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

GIT, i wouldnt call it soapy but its the freshest ive smelt to far.