Code of Conduct
    CologneFan85

Default Bond No. 9 V.S Creed

Bond No.9 V.S Creed, Both high ended fragrances. Whats everyone's preference and why? I personally like Bond No.9 more, being I feel that they are a little more creative in the scents.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Bond No. 9 V.S Creed

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Bond No.9 V.S Creed, Both high ended fragrances. Whats everyone's preference and why? I personally like Bond No.9 more, being I feel that they are a little more creative in the scents.
    I have several of both, and very happy with them. IMHO, they both have good and not so good fragrances. It really is a personal preference which fragrance in their respective lines you prefer.

Not a fan of either, but if I had to choose, Creed.
    Something about Bond No.9's fragrances turn me off. Maybe it's the fact that the first one I received (NY Oud) smelled overly feminine.

I own a Creed and have sampled quite a bit of both Bond and Creed. They're so different in their approach to perfumery that they're not really comparable. And I think that's great.

Creed is more elegant. More timeless.
    Bond is more daring. More trendy.

I think both houses are excellent.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I own a Creed and have sampled quite a bit of both Bond and Creed. They're so different in their approach to perfumery that they're not really comparable. And I think that's great.

Very well put.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Excellent. Everything that needs to be said has been said. They are both Great houses which cover diverse needs.

I like Creed as a perfume House. I don't care for Bond

CologneFan85

Yeah Bond No.9 is very daring. I think a few are very unique and one-off's in my perspective. Owner of many per house.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Bond No.9 is very daring. I think a few are very unique and one-off's in my perspective. Owner of many per house.

I've tried several (like about a dozen) Bond frags and only liked one of them enough to buy. I've tried several (like about a dozen) Creed frags and bought five of 'em and liked a couple more.

Own many fragrances from each house. IMO, these are the 2 best. Also, both have a very wide-range of offerings, so there is really something for every occasion and season from each of these two.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Like both
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

CologneFan85

Does anyone find the that Amen pure Malt, and Bond no.9 New Haarlem resemble one another? But New Haarlem doesn't get the respect as Pure Malt.

bond 9 has always performed better on my skin.

and daring is a good word to describe the house.my style exactly
    Check out my Narciso Rodriguez for Him youtube review!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SImDN1VjOU

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Does anyone find the that Amen pure Malt, and Bond no.9 New Haarlem resemble one another? But New Haarlem doesn't get the respect as Pure Malt.
    I definitely need to try Pure Malt. I enjoy New Haarlem very much. The only two comparasions I've heard to New Haarlem were Rochas Man and Legend by Michael Jordan.

I've only liked H.O.T. Always from Bond, and it got discontinued.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I find Creed, with its longevity issues with the millesimes, miles ahead of Bond, simply because of their natural smell. Bonds are really synthetic-smelling. There's a few Bonds I like, but the Creeds I love are many, many more...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    I've only liked H.O.T. Always from Bond, and it got discontinued.
    http://www.bondno9.com/shop/eau-de-p...w/h-o-t-always

I do like a few Bonds, but for me, Creed wins this contest. Many Bonds smell strongly synthetic to me, while most Creed's I've tried smell much more natural, versatile and easier to wear.

I'm a Creed fan, but I admit that the house has had quite a few "misses" and that there are issues with batch variations. My pet peeve with Creed is with the rationale of discontinuing certain scents or offering "super secret double probation" limited edition compositions. It makes it difficult for collectors and fans of discontinued scents.

However, there is something in Bond No.9 that does not agree with my skin, I find Chez Bond, Andy Warhol Silver Factory, and New Haarlem to smell pretty good on cards, but just not on my skin.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    I definitely need to try Pure Malt. I enjoy New Haarlem very much. The only two comparasions I've heard to New Haarlem were Rochas Man and Legend by Michael Jordan.
    They both have a caramel syrup dry down

Have to go with Creed because of the years Creed has been around. Bond has not been around as long, so we don't really know if they will be around for the long haul.

I really see no competition, Creed all the way.

They both have hits and misses. Bond lasts forever for the most part. Creed does not for the most part. I own several Bonds and one Creed. Still, a toss up. Creed has nothing that compares to Harrod's Oud. Bond has nothing that compares to Aventus.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Creed. I find bond hard to wear in most cases
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Bond all the way...I own 3, the wife owns 2, and Creeds, we have none, they are all too stuffy for me...with the exception of VIW, but even that one isn't so amazing. Creeds all smell very similar, and I don't buy the "natural" thing that they claim to have going on. But, to each their own...if you love Bond-Great!! If you love Creed-Great!!

It goes without saying that each has lots of hits and lots of misses.

Bond gets the nod for longevity -- their scents last forever on my skin -- and for consistency of production. But, to me, Creed gets the edge for having more scents I enjoy wearing.

At any given moment, I typically have at least four bottles of various Creeds. I almost never have more than two Bonds, and most of the time just have one.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Very well put.
    Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Excellent. Everything that needs to be said has been said. They are both Great houses which cover diverse needs.
    I have both, and I enjoy the fact that they generally don't trample on each others turf. When they're close, Bond veers modern and femme, and Creed veers old-school and masculine.

Sound Scents

Both have their fair share of fans but I really am not one of either house. That said, of the two I have a preference for Creed since they at least brought us Green Irish Tweed.
    Last edited by drseid; 15th December 2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Why does this comparison come up relatively often?
    The houses scents aren't alike. I don't see the cross over that drives the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Why does this comparison come up relatively often?
    The houses scents aren't alike. I don't see the cross over that drives the comparison.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think the founder of Bond 9 used to work for Creed.
    That is probably the reason.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Bond on me lasts nothing, also their scents sound pretty generic, Creed has some amazing masterpieces which I basically adore, Bois de Portugal is my favourite
    ...on the back of the fishtruck that loads while my conscience explodes....

Banned
    Blog Entries

bond win when it comes to having a more diverse library.

creed wins when it comes to overall quality for the price.

sample bonds. buy creeds.

Recently went to Neiman Marcus and sampled a bunch of Creeds, maybe my nose got washed out from sampling so much but I didn't enjoy many of them. I do own and absolutely love Aventus. I did like Royal Water a lot it was very smooth. SMW behind Aventus is my favorite and I think it may be my next Creed purchase as I got pretty good longevity even after I washed it off.

I then went to Nordstrom and sampled a bunch of Bond's and Bond fragrance are very strong and I do enjoy them more than Creed. I currently own and love Brooklyn and Bleeker Street. My next Bond purchase will possibly be Hamptons.

SMW vs. Hamptons now...........
    Last edited by frostyicy; 16th December 2012 at 01:01 PM.

People have talked about smell, but if you're shamelessly superficial like me, there's much more to consider!

Let's compare bottles. I'm not a great fan of either from a design standpoint, except for the bigger Creed's, but I absolutely love the quality of the Bond bottles. The heavy, thick glass and those caps, plus the overall packaging and presentation is just superb. For that reason I think Bond fragrances make amazing gifts. Creed packaging is very Creed, but otherwise I find it a little disappointing and as I've said I'm not a huge fan of their smaller sized bottles, particularly the feminines, but few things will look as striking among ones collection as a Creed 8.4 ounce.

Creed bottles have more variation in design while Bond tends to vary more-so in colour. Some of the Bond bottles do look a little garish but I think the tackiness is part of the fun with Bond.

Theme? Fragrance names? I love Bond for having a totally cogent theme and a single idea that unifies all their scents. Even if they do break it shamelessly for marketing reasons. New York Oud? How the hell can you connect Oud and New York? Though Creed with their ultra-traditional, old-world European/British slant do the same; Royal Oud is just as out of step.

Bond fragrances may be a little more synthetic, but the monster silage and longevity of some combined with trendy, sometimes edgy notes probably makes them some of the best scents currently on the market for long nights out on the town when your projection needs to compete with every other scent in the room and a host of sweaty bodies and your fragrance needs to last from 7 'till daylight.

Creed on the other hand certainly get points for elegance and versatility. It's easy to look at GiT without the benefit of perspective but if we rewind to when it was released and the days when there weren't ten-thousand smell-a-likes it's very easy to see why so many people thought of GiT as an absolute must-own even at that hefty Creed price. Plus the bottle looks amazing.

Now I'll admit for others this may not be the case but for me there are other houses which could fill Creed's place nicely. Bond - to my mind - is far more niche in its overall concept, presentation, theme, and offerings. That makes Bond the more unique and irreplacable house even if I'm not a huge Bond fan. On the other hand even if I do say that if I compare the ml's of Creed I currently own vs the ml's of Bond I own more Creed fragrance. So that says something too.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    SMW vs. Hamptons now...........
    SMW all the way.

Hamptons smells like someone tried to make a cheap clone of SMW, but ended up spilling Snapple into the batch.

I have tried all of the Creeds and own 6 (in some cases, multiple bottles)
    Tried most of the Bond stuff. Find only 2 tolerable.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    SMW all the way.

Hamptons smells like someone tried to make a cheap clone of SMW, but ended up spilling Snapple into the batch.
    Aye man thanks for your reply. I had been hoping I would see you do a SMW & Hamptons comparison.

They do smell very much alike, SMW starts off a little more faint and natural where as Hamptons starts off strong and more synthetic.

Both drydown very nice tho. But I do think SMW will be my next purchase as it is amazing.

Definitely Creed. Creed is of better quality, in my opinion, and has a lot more fragrances that I enjoy compared to Bond No. 9.

For men, Creed wins by a gigantic landslide, it is not only the mandatory fragrance line for wealthy guys but also a favorite with fragrance enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    For men, Creed wins by a gigantic landslide, it is not only the mandatory fragrance line for wealthy guys but also a favorite with fragrance enthusiasts.
    +1 +2 +3
    ...on the back of the fishtruck that loads while my conscience explodes....

Creed. I am really enjoying Royal Oud recently.