Code of Conduct

Default Green Valley equivalent?

My brother loves GV, but it's not produced anymore. So I found one bottle in Dallas at a grey market place, for $170. However, it had a Erolfa top on it (blue). The woman at the counter said they mistakenly put the wrong cap on it a long time ago and there was no other option for me. So I passed on it. But I have bought OS and GMV from her before and both were legit. But but but, this deal just rubbed me the wrong way. The green box was beat up a bit, and with the wrong cap, it weirded me out.

I can go back and get it, but I've been searching for a fragrance with similar notes. I've tried Jo Malone Vetiver/154, Kiton Black, Cartier Roadster, Sissley campaine , Hermes Garden line, Commes De Garçon Amazing Green, Aqua D Parma mediterranean line, Frederic Malle Vetiver Amazing, and even Paul Smith Men.

I am going to check on Cerruti and see what it does. But for the most part, even though everything I've tried is inherently great, it's still not quite what I want from GV. Is there a Bond 9 equivalant? I thought for sure they wold have copied GV.

Help!!!!

Default Re: Green Valley equivalent?

I haven't found anything similar but you can still buy the real deal here:
    http://www.beautyencounter.com/find/green-valley
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I'm sure can be found at other online retailers also.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I haven't found anything similar but you can still buy the real deal here:
    http://www.beautyencounter.com/find/green-valley
    Yes, nothing is like Green Valley. It's one of my favorites, too.

Beauty Encounter does have it at a good price, but note, it's a 2.5 oz tester bottle with no cap (not the 4 oz. bottle that is pictured). This is the only place I have heard of that still has bottles of GV for sale. Since that's the case, and since the price is good, you may want to get more than one.

One small warning, however. These bottles of GV were probably produced in 2005 or 2006. According to personnel at the Creed Boutique, a bottle is not "opened," and the clock does not start ticking, until it has been sprayed. Since these are tester bottles with no cap or factory box, they could likely be sprayed easier than non-tester bottles. Someone could buy them, spray them, and then return them and BE probably wouldn't know. That's true for a lot of fragrances, but these are already 7 or 8 years old. So make sure the juice is still good after you get them. If it doesn't seem right to you, don't hesitate to send it back for a refund.

I haven't tried GV but I suggest sampling Jaguar Performance if you want this type of frag but don't want to spend much. There's also Bobby Jones Cologne.

Very much worth tracking down an original, fresh bottle. Best wishes. You'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'm sure can be found at other online retailers also.

Is it legit stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I wonder if I should go back to my place in Dallas that had it with the erolfa cap... For $170. I sprayed it once and it smelled fine. Lasted a few hours.

But besides, I'm also want to introduce my brother to similar notes, but in a different brand. I was hoping that the Jo Malone 154 would be close with a twist or two, but it was a little spicy. I need to sample Paul Smith Men tomorrow and see how it dries down. What I have discovered is that even though you get many of the similar notes, especially the orange citrusy top notes in many, as well as the musk and woodsy basenotes, some add patchouli and vanilla, and then they get heavy dry downs. GV isn't that heavy. So....