Code of Conduct

Default shout out to Alexander McQueen 'Kingdom' owners -can you help me tell if mine is fake please?!

Originally bought a decanted 1ml vial from Surrender to Chance and loved it, so took a chance and bought a bottle off of ebay from someone in the UK. When i sprayed it on, it smells very similar, and yet.... also different!

Heres an image of the box -if anyone could check theirs and let me know if mine is a good one i'd appreciate it!

I'm applying the decant straight onto skin, whereas with the new purchase its being sprayed on, and i know that can make a difference in the way a scent projects, so I'm not sure if that's it?

Thanks for any help!

Default Re: shout out to Alexander McQueen 'Kingdom' owners -can you help me tell if mine is fake please?!

Welcome to Basenotes, Selina! I have three bottles of Kingdom at home, purchased at various times. I'll check the boxes and let you know.

I do doubt it though that anyone would have made the effort of creating a fake of Kingdom, it wasn't a really popular scent. As for why it could smell different: dabbing vs. spraying (as you already said), the amount you put on, worn in high vs. low temperatures, etc. Even my most-worn fragrances can show different facets from wear to wear.

Sometimes I do get an overwhelming amount of cumin out of Kingdom, at other times the cumin is a background player, lending the fragrance a beautiful, carnal warmth without making its presence really felt - so yes, even the fragrance sprayed out of the same bottle on the same person can change its face.

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: shout out to Alexander McQueen 'Kingdom' owners -can you help me tell if mine is fake please?!

Looks real to me. It would be a poor choice for counterfeiting because of the relatively wide availability and low demand, despite the premium prices some may charge for discontinued fragrances.

Thanks so much for your replies bonsai and docluv45! And thank you for the welcome! :-)

That's very reassuring and has definitely helped put my mind at rest. I have had quite a lot of fun testing the two versions, and ultimately they do seem to be the same, and certainly end up smelling identical after drydown. It really goes to show just what a difference application can make . The sprayed version smells massively citrousy whereas the decanted version when dabbed features the cumin overwhelmingly (my personal preference!). However when sprayed it seems to have about 3 times the longevity as it does when dabbed - go figure?! I think i may try decanting some of my bottle next -if i can work how to do so without breaking it! But however i use it its a glorious scent so i'm very glad i made the purchase!

Thanks again!

I have the box in front of me - it looks just the same as on your picture.

As for decanting: there are lots of online vendors who sell decanting supplies (glass dab vials, small plastic or spray glass bottles, etc.). You just take the vial/bottle you want to decant into, put the spray exit of Kingdom against the opening and just spray and spray and spray... Kingdom can be a bit messy to decant though since the sprayer is sunk into the surface of the bottle.

Thanks very much for the tip Bonsai! Definitely going to give that a go next then. And good to know my box is for real too!

Thanks so much for your help! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

The ingredients list on my 30ml box is longer. You probably have an earlier version, if not the original.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!