Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
I have loved Sycomore for a while, but come to hate it after a time.
TdH I have owned a bottle since it came out in 2006 and have always come back to it. I call it my signature scent. Much more interesting than the dry, smoky Sycomore.
TdH for me all the way, but worth owning both if you can cope with Sycomore aldehyde opening!
For awhile there, I didn't particularly dig either of them. Then I did a 180 on both. When I was on the clock to pick one, I picked TdH EDT and PP (so I voted TdH), but I'll very likely end up snagging a bottle Sycomore sometime in the foreseeable future.
That's a nearly impossible one to choose from - they are so different. I could see picking between two very similar scents, like two similar vetiver interpretations, but TdH is not in the same family as Sycomore. There may be some vetiver in it, but the overall scent is vastly different from Sycomore. It would be more appropriate to do Sycomore vs Encre Noir poll - alas, that one has already been done to death a number of times :-)
Own and like both, for different moods and different occasions, so I'll refrain from voting as both are a staple in my collection that I use frequently. TdH gets more compliments from others. Sycomore is more for my own enjoyment.