Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Why do so many people recommend to spray eau du toilette on the chest?

It's an addition to what you already spray.
    For example. Today I sprayed 1 on my chest, 2 on my neck, and 2 on my shirt.

Default Re: Why do so many people recommend to spray eau du toilette on the chest?

LOL!

But seriously, +1! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    because on the groin burns like mad! LOL
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

I do it b/c Robes08 has a good point. The first spray is always on the chest to prime the atomizer in case you haven't worn the fragrance in a while and it's a weak half spray. Also, it's just nice to have an extra shot in case your body warms up.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Apart from the urban legend/commonly known wisdom about this, I too followed this advice, first out of mere curiosity and it did actually work increasing projection/longevity etc., the scent often protruding at sufficient strength (again, I can only speak from my own experience) even through the fabric of the shirt.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^

Some people want to be reserved.
    for swap/sale:

My current rule of thumb: one to each side of my neck, one to my chest. If its a light scent, or one I love, one more to my stomache. 3 to 4 is my range, for now.

I always start off with a spritz to the chest EXCEPT if its a silage bomb. The vapors tend to waft upwards towards your nostrils and could have unpleasant side effects, example; nausea, headaches etc.. The culprits in my wardrobe being Vetiver Extraordinaire, Piper Nigrum, Espice Noir etc>>>If that the case I tend to spray on pulse points away from my chest, neck etc...

Chest works for me; if I want to project I add well-perfused areas like the neck and earlobes.