Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scents that teenage girls like

I was wondering what scents teenage girls like. Post your opinions, experiences, ect.

Default Re: Scents that teenage girls like

First, let us ask this:

If not, moving on. The one scent that teen girls absolutely love is Abercrombie Fierce. It's the staple cologne for men in high school. I can't even begin to tell you how many compliments I got on that fragrance. Everyone loves it from young to old. It's a classic and in a way oozes class.
    Mont Blanc Legend is one that came out recently and smells almost exactly like Fierce except it's toned down and a little less spicy, so if you don't appreciate scents that are overbearing or too powerful, then Legend is for you.

If you like sweet smelling fragrances: Rochas Man, Body Kouros, and Legend by Michael Jordan are all superb fragrances that girls love.

Overall, I'd say girls at that age like something sweet or spicy with a hint of freshness.

However, I a confident teen can also sport Dior Homme Intense, Versace Dreamer and Burberry London.
    It's all a matter of taste and how you wear it. Bvlgari Black and Midnight in Paris would be a risk as you could get teased for smelling a little too feminine but the leather/rubber note would appeal that viewpoint.
    Davidoff Cool Water and Joop by Joop are two other classics where you can't really go wrong at that age.
    I'm buying a fragrance for my cousin who's a senior in high school and I will be choosing one of these from the above listed
    Last edited by socalwoman; 11th December 2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: rude question removed

treeman5823

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    Bvlgari Black and Midnight in Paris would be a risk as you could get teased for smelling a little too feminine but the leather/rubber note would appeal that viewpoint.
    I never found Bulgari Black overtly feminine. Absolutely unisex, to me at least.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have DH and Midnight in paris. I'm getting Bulgari Aqva and i'm searching for an appealing scent. I would pick A&F fierce but through research I have found that it causes health problems.

Perhaps Burberry London

Post Thanks / Like

My 17 year old nephew's oustanding killer scent for getting positive comments from girls is Paris Hilton For Men. He was in no doubt that this scent was the most effective out of the 70 or so scents that he owns.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My teenage son wore some of my DHI to school one day and he arrived home with the biggest smile on his face. He said to me that the teenage girls surrounded him the entire school day and a couple of female teachers complimented him and asked for the name of the fragrance. DHI, it's a lady killer. Z DIOR HOMME INTENSE 1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

A car.

Anything sold in a clothing boutique.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Either fruity or sweet/powdery scents.

Post Thanks / Like

No direct experience, but judging from the female counters at Sephora and the like, I'd characterize the taste as pink slutty cupcake.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

A car.
    Too true!

I'll give my impressions, but i should note school atmosphere is a little different here. Uniforms all 'round. Also this is a hot climate.

Fragrances, though? My half-brother tells me what young girls seem to enjoy out of those things I've loaned him or gifted. He's a pretty cool kid, by which I mean he'll wear most anything I give him that isn't too outrageously vintage, but he doesn't wear stuff all the time. Wearing any fragrance to most high-schools here would be odd and even quite probably something you would be told to stop.

However for sports, school functions, casual dress days, weekend events, sailing club, etc., he saved up for and bought Dunhill Desire Blue himself. He says it's good; not a 'lady killer,' but fresh and clean. He says girls don't tend to realize he's wearing anything as long as he keeps it around two sprays, but he has had one or two girls say he smells nice. He gives it way better marks than Cool Water, Azzaro Chrome and other popular aquatics.

It seems important to him and other young guys I've talked to that they don't smell 'perfumed,' or as though they're really wearing 'cologne' - the words try hard, and wanker immediately spring to mind for the kind of teenager who would wear something really strong and noticable. Note this isn't my impression, but my understanding of teenage boys and their proclivities, but then one of the girls he is friends with bought my half-brother Joop! Splash for a birthday. This is a rather strong fragrance; he said he wears it to the sailing club and no one complains.

He has some Adidas sporty things he wears to games (Cricket, Rugby)

When he has school dances and such he comes around to my place and tries a whole bunch of things. Mandarina Duck Pure Black went over well at one winter formal, but now everyone seems to be wearing vanilla/gourmand scents. His last formal I encouraged him to go with Noble Cedar by Chopard which he wasn't sure about. He liked it but was worried it would smell old. Still he went with it and it went over well partly I think because the sillage is very elegant. In so far as guys do wear cologne at such events here, in that age group, they're rarely apt be be restrained.

I was wearing it as well when I dropped him off. Spoke to one of his teachers briefly and, somewhat ironically, she mentioned that they were thinking of telling kids not to wear cologne/perfume to such events as apparently they don't want there to be elitism and such where someone will be made fun of for wearing old spice or something because he/she can't afford whatever is popular. That and kids with allergies complaining.

She either did not notice or did not think to say anything for the fact that he and I had both been wearing something. I'm willing to bet the former as it has a very gentle sillage. Ideal in that situation I think (not necessarily that smell, but modest sillage) where you might want the person you're dancing with to notice, but more than that might come off a little desperate.

At any rate it went over well. No one said anything to him, but he said he felt very classy and mature and it gave him a nice confidence boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Anything sold in a clothing boutique.
    Right on the money.
    Fierce for younger teenage girls. Boss Bottled for the more mature teenage and up girls.
    Personally, I prefer Boss Bottled.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Hung by Alfred Hung?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey buddy I'm going to put together a nice list for you. Personally, I, being a high school student like to wear unique stuff that still appeals to girls and not just me. You wont catch me wearing Fierce or anything like that...

Date:
    Dior Homme (Not Intense)
    Versace the Dreamer (Careful on the trigger)
    Burberry London
    Avon Tomorrow for Men
    La Nuit De L'homme

Frags for Sexy time:
    Dior Homme INTENSE
    La Nuit De L'homme
    Opium Pour Homme (EDT)

Sweet Frags:
    Michael Jordan Legend
    Rochas Man
    Play Intense
    Ignition
    Thallium
    Tokyomilk bittersweet (SUPREME juice and NO ONE will be wearing it.
    Mondorlio Di Sicilia
    Hanae Mori H.M.
    A*Men
    Pure Havane

Everyday wear:
    L'homme
    Voyage
    Versace Pour Homme
    Versace Man
    Blue Seduction
    9IX
    Dior Homme Sport
    Allure Homme (not sport)
    Bleu De Chanel
    so forth and so on........................

If you want a niche here are a few nice ones:
    Frapin 1270
    Odin 01
    New Haarlem
    Tobacco Vanille
    Eau Duelle

Enjoy your female attention.
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are we talking about what teenage girls like to wear, or what they like to smell on boys? The OP's question seems unclear.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm asking what scents teenage girls like on guys.

the girls went crazy for aqua de gio when I was in HS

of course that was 10 years ago lol but I dont think much has changed in the way of young fragrance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rimshot42 View Post
    the girls went crazy for aqua de gio when I was in HS

of course that was 10 years ago lol but I dont think much has changed in the way of young fragrance
    That's still the case, at least here at my college.

Post Thanks / Like

This one is easy...Kouros.

CologneFan85

I would guess One Million its such a younger crowd wearing this...Im near 30, and people say I smell like a teenager if I wear it so I am going to say it's a good one for the younger girls to like.

Scents like One Million are going to work for 99% of all females, but the 1% that will enjoy scents like Amouage Epic Man a little more, are the ones you propose to
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever their male friends are wearing. Or go to Sephora's website and look up the best sellers in the men's frag department.

Honestly though I think you should wear whatever you like and help re-train highschool girls noses. They'll associate the frag with you and that's a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Scents like One Million are going to work for 99% of all females, but the 1% that will enjoy scents like Amouage Epic Man a little more, are the ones you propose to
    lol!
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

one million i bought this and i get complements on it all the time and longevity rocks! so as project! JUST GO LIGHT ON THE TRIGGER 2 MAX 3 or 4 IF YOU TRYING TO KILL YOUR TEACHER or get your ass beat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    A car.
    lol...spot on

- - - Updated - - -

women like the smell of a your big bank account and you dying(well at least after your married thats what they want)
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it