Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me to decide, I have just one month to make my choice

Here is the problem.
    My girlfriend´sister Will travel on january to england, and I have Just a month to decide what perfum id like.

I was amazed with the scent of HeWood Rocky mountain, and I was decided to buy it, but , as a read about it, i learned that it s too weak, too close to the skin, so I decide to look for anotherones, but that is similar to HeWood Rocky.

Some people pointed terre dhermes, BUT i dont like Orange scent ,which people said that it have.

So I was looking for more perfums that was near HeWR, and i smelled Encre Noire, and i Love it too, i think that it is a more strong version of HWR, BUT tooo more dark and less apropriated to Summer than HWR, which make me look for more perfums, and i found sycomore, a softer encre noire, that could work on nigh Summer of brazil, BUT, TOOO expensive to me.

I was presented to Guerlain leau boisee, which seems to englobe all that i want in a perfum, vetiver+ fresh, BUT , it was told that it s too weak and close to the skin. I d like something between encre noire and HWR, preference without citrus.

Help me

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help me to decide, I have just one month to make my choice

Interesting how you perceive more the woody-dark aspect of Encre Noire and Sycomore. To many people, including myself, the fresh vetiver part dominates.

I don't know the relative price of frags in Brazil, but anyway, an excellent fresh vetiver is Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. Here, it is more expensive than Encre Noire, but much less expensive than Sycomore. The freshest of them all is ($$$) Malle Vetiver extraordinaire, but as the $$$ imply, it is much more expensive than Sycomore. I agree that Eau boisee is probably not too long lasting. But Guerlain has an excellent Vetiver - very good, though somehow it has this reputation of being for old people.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Cacio, my friend...I follow you.

Personally, I would save the money and get Encre Noire or Guerlain Vetiver (either current formulation if you want a lively, linear vetiver or 2000 formulation in the ribbed bottle for more citrus on top that fades, accentuated spices in the heart and rich tobacco in the dry down.) But you want less citrus...consider Givenchy Vetyver. Brilliant juice.

Outside of vetivers, consider the violet note in HeWood Rocky Mountain - and try Narciso Rodriguez for Him EdT.

Cheers.

ericrico
    Last edited by ericrico; 12th December 2012 at 06:45 AM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Post Thanks / Like

I would go for Sycomore, my friend!
    "Why should I care?...Why should I care?..."

5:15 - Pete Townshend

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    I would go for Sycomore, my friend!
    Can't miss with this one.