Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance for natural therapist

Hi there. I'm a natural therapist and am after a distinctive fragrance that is easy on the nose and a little natural smelling. Love the smell of resins. Are there any fragrances you might recommend?
    Best,
    Nathan

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fragrance for natural therapist

Is this something for you to wear while working - for the benefit of your patients - or when off duty for your own pleasure?
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Timbuktu
    Tam Dao
    Incense Avignon
    Kenzo Air

Hi Chris. I'd like the one fragrance if at all possible. Cheers mate. Nathan
    Hi Mysterybuff. These are great. I have three of these fragrances already (Timbuktu, Kenzo Air and Tam Dao). So we certainly think alike! I'm after something a little less insence-like and more resinous. If that makes sense?? Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

Mystra (Aesop)
    Marrakech (Aesop)
    Balsamo Della Mecca (La Via del Profumo - profumo.it)

These are all totally natural and lean more towards resinous. Mecca Balsam is very special.

Try Labdanum perfume from L'Occitane. It is easy to wear, warm and very relaxing.

Le Labo is a wonderful brand with very pure smelling fragrances. (Patchouli or Rose both very relaxing, they also make a Labdanum, though I prefer the one above). It is expensive, but I think their stuff is a cut above so many others.

Hi there,

I suggest you to try some of Lorenzo Villoresi's. Many of them are quite natural smelling and Villoresi has that "resinous note" in some of his fragrances. My favorites are Uomo, Acqua di Colonia, Spezie and Piper Nigrum. You may wanna try Vetiver, Sandal and Incensi too.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

OK well if one scent has to serve both purposes then the considerations seem to me to fall into two categories:
    1) You have to love it, it has to seem 'natural' and 'resinous' to you.
    2) It has to be the sort of thing that almost no-one will object to (that's quite hard) and it mustn't contain anything likely to provoke an allergy in a patient (only difficult because you never know quite what's gone into a commercial perfume)

I don't know all of the things that have been suggested above but my thoughts in regard to the second consideration would be that labdanum provokes allergies in some people, so I'd try to avoid it and vetiver seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it scent that might seem offensive to some of your clients. Rose and vanilla are probably the two most popular scents in the world, so something based on those, with a resinous base coming from something like sandalwood and benzoin would be unlikely to trouble anyone.

Hope that helps.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Post Thanks / Like

I use to date a natuarl therapist a while ago and he was wearing juniper essential oil on his skin. I would suggest to use natural oils, there's a wide range, they are reasonably priced and they won't disturb your patients as well!
    ņ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Post Thanks / Like

I second Mr reasonable's suggestions, especially Mystra. Mystra and Marrakech are also oils, which is good in the situation. Unfortunately, they are very expensive and difficult to find.

cacio

Seigneur

Post Thanks / Like

Too big of a risk wearing something your clients might object to. You should consider something clean and easy for work - Gendarme, White Musk, and leave the heavier scents for when you're off the clock.

Post Thanks / Like

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Mystra (Aesop)
    Marrakech (Aesop)
    Balsamo Della Mecca (La Via del Profumo - profumo.it)

These are all totally natural and lean more towards resinous. Mecca Balsam is very special.
    I totally agree with all three of these and will add another: Chakra 7 by Aveda
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

Mugler Cologne or ADP Colonia. I think you gotta go soapy with this one.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your recommendations. I really do value all of them. I will need to head out now and try a few and also order some samples from the niche lines. All the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aromaman View Post
    Hi there. I'm a natural therapist and am after a distinctive fragrance that is easy on the nose and a little natural smelling. Love the smell of resins. Are there any fragrances you might recommend?
    "Easy on the nose" is going to vary from person to person, but the most resinous that come to my mind (without veering too much into insense) would probably be Bogart (Jacques Bogart), Quartz (Molineaux), Knize Forest, and Xeryus (Givenchy). Yatagan (Caron) shares an artemisia note with Xeryus but is a bit more pine/sage. Garrigue (MPG) also has a bit of dry scrub-brush in it.

I'm not sure any of these would be safe for all your patients.

Genie in a Bottle by Trance Essence is supposed to be all natural. After a powerful opening that doesn't last long, it is mild yet dynamic. Here are the notes from fragrantica.com:

"The fragrance features jasmin exotic oil, vanilla, organic frankinsence, bittersweet chocolate, black tea, and organic black pepper."

I don't find anything bittersweet in this one.

Just bumping this one ... I've ended using Aveda Pureformance a lot due to positive feedback from clients who've said I smel llike essential oils!! there u go. I also use chakra 7 by aveda and 1, plus Mystra and Eau de Guerlain.