Code of Conduct

Default Does Creed "water down" their scent for their sample vials?

I really really love the smell of the silver mountain water sample I got. I am considering dropping the money but the one thing that concerns me is that the stuff in the sample vial only lasts about 1 hour. Is that how long the actual cologne lasts or is it just "watered down" in the sample vial?

Default Re: Does Creed "water down" their scent for their sample vials?

Not in the sample vials I've had. Silver Mountain Water is another Creed ppl complain about having poor longevity, but I find it to have monster sillage and longevity (that calone + the blackcurrent note...).

Quote Originally Posted by rimshot42 View Post
    I really really love the smell of the silver mountain water sample I got. I am considering dropping the money but the one thing that concerns me is that the stuff in the sample vial only lasts about 1 hour. Is that how long the actual cologne lasts or is it just "watered down" in the sample vial?
    Did you order the sample from Creed?
    Also, anosmia comes to mind. Have you tried applying the juice to a cotton ball or your shirt?

No it would be bad business to do so and they do not need any more controversy. I find spraying them in a spray atomiser or from the bottle in store to be be the better way to judge its longevity as more juice sprays out onto your skin. Those sample vials that you dabb especially from the likes of luckyscent I find are not a reliable way to discern a scents longevity.

Of course not, that's just the way Creed's are. I had a bottle of Silver Mountain Water several years ago. I ended up tossing in the trash one day. Couldn't even smell the stuff after 30 minutes, after being pissed off and spraying myself 20 times one day.

What's in the bottles is in the vials.

How are you applying it?
    If you are using/dipping the cap-stick 1-3 times, it probably wont last long.

That would make no sense at all. Those sample vials are meant to encourage you to buy a full bottle, why would they water them down? If anything they would make the sample vials stronger.

I will say this, if you're looking for outstanding longevity, forget about Creed.

I got it from fragrancenet.com, which is where I would be purchasing the bottle. well either there or Walgreens. I can't afford to but it directly from Creed and people said fragrancenet is pretty reliable

I'll try applying it with a cottonball to see if that helps with the longevity. is there any other cologne comparable that tends to last longer? I dont need anything like 10 hours but it would be nice to get a solid 4-5

- - - Updated - - -

one thing I did just notice is that the sample vial is EDT where as the actual bottle is EDP

could that make a big difference?

Basenotes Member

It should be the same, their samples are marked with the same batches as the bottles. However, sometimes I have thought other companies gave BETTER juice in samples to get you purchase.

CologneFan85

Its simply the cologne itslef. It has a very weak tea note. Its meant to be light.