Code of Conduct

Default why he wood rockymountain is not considered a high level perfum as grey vetiver?

Hi , there .

Im trying to understand why HWR is not considered a great perfum to the level of terre , or grey vetiver.
    theres no equal on market that have a Woody like encre but with the soft sweetness of the violet ( IF theres one, tell me please).
    Many Will tell sycomore, BUT to me sycomore although it is softer than encre , it is still a very dark and Black tie suit perfum that cannot be used on summer.
    Most of all vetiver based perfum is balanced with citrus , wich is one of the things that make me fall in Love with HWR, which is more flower with no citrus .

I m aware of the weak sillage and longevity on HWR, but IF we desconsider this aspect., why it is sôo underated? Is there other perfum that is on the line of encre with a gentle violet and more versátil with no citrus that can make me put the HWR aside?

Sound Scents

Default Re: why he wood rockymountain is not considered a high level perfum as grey vetiver?

Is it underrated? A lot of folks here and elsewhere like it, and I am certainly one. No, I do not think it rises to the level of Terre d'Hermès or Sycomore, but those are lofty standards to hold RMW to. Not being as well-regarded as those two masterpieces does not make a scent underrated to my way of thinking. As for Grey Vetiver, I would take RMW over it any day of the week.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Default Re: why he wood rockymountain is not considered a high level perfum as grey vetiver?

Irrespective of how overrated or underrated it may be, I too personally like it.

I like it but I dont find it similiar to Encre Noire or Sycomore AT ALL. Also I dont have longevity issues with He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

drseid, u are right, im sorry, I used the wrong word ,i meant underestimated.

Frags like TdH are more for the aficionado, especially those who want to smell different (not sure how unique it is these days), because the notes are clear and strong (and there aren't many of them), and with vetiver, it's not the usual "structural" base note in today's masculines (such as strong cedar). More typical designer frags don't have as good note separation, have more notes, and the notes are more blended together, sometimes in a way that makes them smell like a "synthetic blob." I haven't tried RMHW but it's likely less distinct and more for the "average Joe." Then there are those like myself, who want at least decent note separation but prefer more complex frags most of the time. We aren't looking for a few strong, distinct notes and find that kind of frag to be unbalanced. We seem to tend towards vintage. Then there is the issue of some of the chemicals being used these days, such as iso e super...

well, To me-putting it simple, its a hwr without the flowers and far more dry smoky vetiver, or a kind of encre noire cologne. seriously ,is that just me ? oO

For me it's no where in the same class as Sycomore or Terre D'Hermes.

It's a good, but not a great, scent, if you like that sort of thing. If you think it's under- or overrated will very much depend on how much you like it.