Code of Conduct

Default New Fragrance: Davidoff Hot Water Night.... nooooooooo!! Oud and rose!!!!!

"Built around the duality of grey amber and oud wood, Davidoff Hot Water Night is a sensual oriental spicy fragrance. Top notes of black pepper and juniper berries give way to the steadfast strength of cedar wood heart and the mesmerizing voluptuousness of rose absolute. A masterpiece in contrast and elegance…"

http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/12/12...new-fragrance/
    The Bark Bites Back.

Default Re: New Fragrance: Davidoff Hot Water Night.... nooooooooo!! Oud and rose!!!!!

I actually enjoy the original Hot Water quite a bit. Except for the heart notes, maybe it's the absinthe note that gives it this alcohol smelling phase. That aside, I quite enjoy it, although it gets bashed pretty hard. If someone told me, "imagine that with oud and rose". I would call it a sure winner.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Default Re: New Fragrance: Davidoff Hot Water Night.... nooooooooo!! Oud and rose!!!!!

I've never tried Hot Water so I can't really comment, but have to admit that I would be interested in trying this just for the sake of comparison to see what a mainstream house would be able to pull off.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I would literally hate if everybody on the streets smelled of Aoud. Aoud until now was reserved for people paying higher price but now everybody will smell of Aoud!!!

Such a stupid name. Notes don't sound bad, but how will it smell?

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I would literally hate if everybody on the streets smelled of Aoud. Aoud until now was reserved for people paying higher price but now everybody will smell of Aoud!!!
    Wow.

Basenotes Plus

Hot Water was lukewarm at best. I'm not sure I want to try this. Maybe I'll wait for their next flanker - Hot Steam Bath.

Don't know why, but the name makes me laugh!!!

Next is Cool Hot Water Summer Night of Day

Well, we've already had the crappiest oud ever this year (Calvin Klein Encounter), so anything is a step up. The notes sound interesting in this one, but I've never been particularly impressed with Davidoff fragrances in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    To bgoc: Blimey. I lived in UK for quite some time and I don't think I ever met anybody scented in oud. Are they really that many?
    Ŕ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    To bgoc: Blimey. I lived in UK for quite some time and I don't think I ever met anybody scented in oud. Are they really that many?
    It's really not that popular still. Sure, many more designer houses are using oud in their fragrances, but it's still nowhere near the 1 Millions and Le Males and A*Mens and CK Ones of the world. Your average man isn't going to go and buy a fragrance because it has oud in it, they'll buy it (or have it bought for them) because of big ad campaigns or fancy bottles that look like other things.

Hearing the name I now have the Scorpions song Big City Nights in my head. lol
    Last edited by scentimus; 13th December 2012 at 04:43 PM.

Its time to revamp the thread about the next brands doing oud and check who guessed right on this option.

Yo, Hot Water isn't that bad. It takes a couple wearings to discover its inner qualities. I'd be surprised if this had a perceptible oud note in it at all, but I'm still excited to see what Davidoff's trying to do here. Thumbs up and can't wait to sample!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, did anyone notice that its gonna be an EAU DE TOILETTE INTENSE??? Because this is a limited edition, I'm definitely gonna grab one as I'm sure few will make it across the Atlantic! Look out Davidoff, cause here I come!
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

If it smells anywhere close to M7 I'm buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    No there ain't many designer Aouds out there which keeps it clean on the street. But if every house keeps pushing Aoud to the general public then how are Basenotes going to smell different from the crowd?

Banned
    Blog Entries

The flanker of a flanker of a popular fragrance.

Will keep my eyes open for this one. Thanks for the info.

No there ain't many designer Aouds out there which keeps it clean on the street. But if every house keeps pushing Aoud to the general public then how are Basenotes going to smell different from the crowd?
    Easy.

Go to the BN directory. Notice how in each house's library there will be a handful of scents with copious amounts of reviews, and the rest all remain largely ignored?

Start by sampling those. Doesn't need to have oud.

Davidoff doesn't put money and quality in their fragrances for them to really be successful ( smell wise). That being said, I will sample this one.

I find it amusing how people say they are getting tired of oud. Its always used as such a small part of the fragrance ! Did I just read that CK Encounter is an oud scent ? Don't make me laugh.

Is John Varvatos Vintage considered a juniper berry fragrance ?
    Is Burberry London for Men considered a port wine fragrance ?

Just because a so called "note" is included in the fragrance pyramid, does not mean the whole fragrance will smell like it.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

The Cartier Declaration Soir has set a trend, and Rose/Oud has reached the mainstream enough for Davidoff to pop them in a flanker ! Incredible !!

When I hear the words "Hot Water" and then another word, I expect that word to be "Heater." (I'm not sure how common it is to call those things "hot water heaters." Growing up in the midwestern US we always called them that, but it seems like an odd name.)
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Already available at some German sites for just 20 euros for 110ml.

I'm sure it will make it across the Atlantic soon.

Can't wait, can't wait! Lol
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

This won't happen, but what if, what IF they nail it as they did with Zino??
    Won't happen. I know.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post
    When I hear the words "Hot Water" and then another word, I expect that word to be "Heater." (I'm not sure how common it is to call those things "hot water heaters." Growing up in the midwestern US we always called them that, but it seems like an odd name.)
    It's a play on words on Cool Water.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by Igorbg View Post
    Next is Cool Hot Water Summer Night of Day
    Hot Water Summer Dark Night Extreme
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Davidoff have been living off the 'cool water train' ever since it was released all those years ago.
    To me, all of their male offerings since then have been mediocre at best. Still, since I'm a fragrance fanatic I will of course sample this, naturally...